Subject: 11/19/99 EIA IBIS Open Forum Meeting Minutes

From: Guy de Burgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:12:53 -0800 (PST)

DATE: 11/23/99

SUBJECT: 11/19/99 EIA IBIS Open Forum Meeting Minutes

VOTING MEMBERS AND 1999 PARTICIPANTS LIST:
Applied Simulation Technology  Raj Raghuram*, Norio Matsui, Neven Orhanovic,
                               Fred Ballesteri
Avanti                         Nikolai Bannov
Cadence Design                 Mike LaBonte*, Todd Westerhoff
Cisco Systems                  Syed Huq*
Compaq                         Bob Haller*, Steve Coe, Shafir Rahman,
                               Maher Elasad, Peter LaFlamme, Doug Burns
Cypress                        (Rajesh Manapat)
EMC Corporation                Fabrizio Zanella, Alex Nosovitski, Shan Haq
Fairchild Semiconductor        [Peter LaFlamme], Craig Klem, Graham Connolly,
                               Christian Klein
H.A.S. Electronics             (Haruny Said)
Hewlett Packard (EEsof, etc.)  Paul Gregory, Henry Wu
HyperLynx (& Pads Software)    Matthew Flora*, Kellee Crisafulli*, Lynne Green,
                               John Angulo*, Gene Garat, Robin Edwards
IBM                            Greg Edlund, Michael Cohen*, Praven Patel,
                               Paul Clouser
Incases                        Olaf Rethmeier, Werner Rissiek, David Eagles,
                               Wilhelm Arnoldi, Ulrich Losch
Intel Corporation              Stephen Peters*, Arpad Muranyi*, Frank Kern,
                               Martin Chang, Dave Moxley, Kerry Nelson,
                               Jeff Day, Richard Mellitz, Peter Liou,
                               Will Hobbs, Henri Maramis
LSI Logic (Symbios Logic)      Scott King
Mentor Graphics                Bob Ross*, Mohamed Mahmoud, Sherif Hammad,
                               Jean Oudinot, Markku Kukkanen, Martin Groeber,
                               Karine Loudet, Hisham Gamal, Evgeny Wasserman,  
                               Tom Dagostino, Mohamed Nasef
Mitsubishi                     (Tam Cao)
Motorola                       Ron Werner*
National Semiconductor         Milt Schwartz*
North East Systems Associates  Edward Sayre, Michael Baxter, Kathy Breda,
                               Ed Sayre III, Jinhua Chen
NEC                            (Hiroshi Matsumoto)
Nortel Networks                Martin Hall (& at Viewlogic), Calvin Trowell
                               Ross Pryor
Philips Semiconductor          Todd Andersen, Peter Christiaans
Quantic EMC                    (Mike Ventham)
Siemens                        Bernhard Unger, Christian Mitschke, 
                               Manfred Maurer, Peter Kaiser, Wolfram Meyer,
                               Gerald Bannert, Harmut Ibowski, Katja Zuleeg,
                               Hans Pichlmaier, Eckhard Lenski, Kortheuer Udo,
                               Christian Sporrer
SiQual                         Scott McMorrow*
Texas Instruments              Jean-Claude Perrin, Shankar Balasubramaniah,
                               Ramzi Ammar, Thomas Fisher
Time Domain Analysis Systems   Dima Smolyansky, Steven Corey
Viewlogic Systems              Chris Rokusek, Guy de Burgh, Cary Mandel,
                               (Jon Powell)
VeriBest                       [Ian Dodd]
Via Technologies               (Weber Chuang)
VLSI Technology                D.C. Sessions

OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN 1999:
3Com                           Roy Leventhal
3Dfx Interactive               Ken Wu
Actel Corporation              Silvia Montoya
Alcatel                        Steven Criel
Analytical Edge                Robert Easson
Applied Microelectronics       Brian Sanderson
BMW                            Friedrich Haslinger
Bogatin Enterprise             Eric Bogatin
Bosch Telecom                  Detlef Wolf
Celestica                      Danny Da Silva
Dynamics Research Corporation  Mike Walsh
ECI Telecom                    Daniel Adar
EIA                            [Patti Rusher], Cecilia Fleming,
                               Dan Heinemeier 
Electronique                   Catherine Gross
EFM Consulting                 Ekkehard Miersch
FCI                            John Ellis
Foxcomm                        Jeff Walden
General DataComm               Laurence Michaels
High Design Technology         Razvan Ene
Hitachi ULSI                   Hideki Fukuda
Infineon                       Thomas Latzel
Intracon Design                Mike Osmond
KAW                            Shinichi Maeda
Litton Systems                 Robert Bremer
Lucent                         Jason Pritchard
Matsushita                     Atsuji Itoh
Molex Incorporated             Gus Panella
Newbridge Networks             Bruce Carlile
Oce Printing Systems           Ernst Deiringer
Praegitzer Design              Rick Newell, Paul Galloway, Joe Socha
Rockwell Collins               Susan Tweeton, Ron Hau
Rode Consulting                Chris Rode
Samsung                        Jung-Gun Byun, Cheol-Seung Choi
Shindengen                     Tsuyoshi Horigome
Signals & Systems Engineering  Tom Hawkins
STMicroelectronics             Fabrice Boissieres, Philippe LeFevre
Stratus                        Keith Vieira
StorageTek                     Nick Krull
Sun Microsystems               Victor Chang Kevin Ko, Greg Fitzgerald,
                               Nick LaPlaca
Tektronix                      Tom Brinkoetter
Teradyne                       Mikhail Khusid
VDOL                           Robert Novosel
Xilinx                         Susan Wu
(Unaffiliated, Retired)        Bruce Wenniger

In the list above, attendees at the meeting are indicated by *. Principal
members or other active members who have not attended are in parentheses.
Participants who no longer are in the organization are in square brackets.

Upcoming Meetings:  The bridge numbers for future IBIS teleconferences are as
follows:
  
  Date                Bridge Number    Reservation #    Passcode
  December 3, 1999    (916) 356-9200   2-368940         5714412
  December 17, 1999   (916) 356-9200   2-368942         8917482

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  We try to have agendas out 
7 days before each Open Forum and meeting minutes out within 7 days after.  
When you call into the meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Will 
Hobbs and give the reservation number and passcode.

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-------------------------------- MINUTES -------------------------------------

INTRODUCTIONS AND MEETING QUORUM
Ron Werner of Motorola joined and introduce himself as a user of IBIS models 
and also as the Chair of the Design Automation Division at EIA under which 
the EIA IBIS Open Forum resides.

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE AND TREASURER'S REPORT
Bob Ross indicated that the membership still is at 32, but this will drop to
30 next year due to some acquisitions of member companies by member companies.
Bob indicated that Cecilia Fleming (who could not attend this meeting) is
allocating several thousand dollars of royalty revenue to the IBIS Committee
based on the re-distribution of revenues from a discontinued EIA Committee.

REVIEW OF MINUTES AND AR'S
The October 29, 1999 IBIS Open Forum Meeting minutes were approved without
change.

The AR's will be discussed during the meeting.

MISCELLANY/ANNOUNCEMENTS
None.

PRESS AND WEB PAGE UPDATES
Syed Huq indicated that there is a Siemens roster update.  He also added new
links on EIA IBIS Home page for Connector Info and (later in the meeting) for
the s2ibis3 Project.

NEW MODELS AVAILABLE, LIBRARY UPDATE
Bob Ross indicated that Jon Powell plans to update the Model Page next week.

Bob also indicated more IBIS models now exist under several company links,
and/or the pages have been re-located for Philips Semiconductor, TI, and
Motorola.

Some IBIS model links appear to have disappeared probably as result of
mergers and acquisitions (for example, IC Works and Quality Semiconductor).

The Hewlett Packard link for the VCSEL Transceiver IBIS Mole is now under
the Agilent link:

  http://www.semiconductor.agilent.com/fiber/ibis.html

Matthew Flora reported that the Intel PCI-to-PCI Bridge IBIS Models are under:

  http://developer.intel.com/design/bridge/ibis/index.htm

OPENS FOR NEW ISSUES
Scott McMorrow on BIRD66 - [Model Spec] Vref Addition

INTERNATIONAL/EXTERNAL PROGRESS
- IEC 62014-1 (IBIS Version 3.2) - Bob Ross had no further progress report
from Cecilia Fleming.  However formal ratification of IBIS Version 3.2 as
IEC 62104-1 is still expect shortly (months or less).

- pr EIAJ ED-5302 Standard for I/O Interface Model for Integrated Circuits
(IMIC) - Bob Ross had no further report and repeated from last meeting that a
Version 1.2 has been posted for review with a deadline of December 25, 1999.
Note added after the meeting: the link to the document has been moved and is
now located at the bottom of:

  http://tsc.eiaj.or.jp/eds/iopg.htm

- IEC PWI 93-1 Models of Integrated Circuits for EMI Behavioral Simulation
(formerly designated as IEC 93/67/NP IBIS and EMC Simulation) - Bob Ross
had no report.

- JC-16.2 Subcommittee: Modeling and Test - Bob Ross had no report.

DESIGNCON 2000 IBIS SUMMIT PLANNING
Bob Ross stated that the IBIS Summit meeting is being held on Monday,
January 31, 2000 in Santa Clara, California.  The IBIS Open Forum is listed 
again as an Associate Sponsor of DesignCon 2000 which means that DesignCon
is providing the meeting room and refreshments and also booth space.

Milt Schwartz offered that National Semiconductor is sponsoring again the
buffet luncheon.  He also stated that presenters may send him electronic
copies, and National Semiconductor will make copies available at the meeting.

Bob indicated that Jon Powell will be providing the booth and coordinating 
the setup.  He plans again to have IBIS Open Forum member company logos 
posted on the backdrop.  It will be a place to meet, pick up literature, and
possibly host an electronic accuracy demonstration.

Bob stated plans that we will be sending out the first notice in early
December.  We do have several presentations and will plan on some extended
discussions on some of the new topics that are now being considered.

DATE2000 IBIS SUMMIT PLANNING
Bob Ross commented that the DATE2000 IBIS Summit meeting associated with the
Design Automation and Testing in Europe conference is still planned to be
held in Paris, France on Friday, March 31, 2000.  However, the meeting date 
may be moved up to Monday, March 27 in order to find a suitable room.  Mentor
Graphics and Incases are co-sponsors, but others are expected.  The PCB
Symposium is scheduled for Thursday, March 30, 2000.

S2IBIS3 COMMITTEE REPORT
Michael Cohen listed and thanked the participants of the Spice to IBIS 
subcommittee for the work done, and particularly Syed Huq for serving as the 
editor of a draft requirements document.  Several weekly meetings were held,
and the document is now ready for the IBIS Open Forum to review.

Syed stated that a link exists to the directory where the document resides
from the IBIS Home Page under s2ibis3 Project:

  http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm

or directly from

  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/s2ibis3/

Everyone is invited to review and comment on the contents of the document.
The committee wants feedback before it is officially released.  Michael stated
that the next meeting is planned for Thursday, December 2, 1999 to draft a
letter requesting bids on the requirements.

Raj Raghuram voiced his concern that this project may compete with existing
commercial products and questioned whether it was appropriate for the IBIS
Open Forum to pursue this.  Furthermore, the IBIS Open Forum had visibility
of such products.  We discussed this briefly, and Bob Ross asked to plan 
further discussion at the next meeting since we had several other topics to
discuss.

IBIS DUES AND FUNDING
Bob Ross reported on the e-mail ballot votes tallied by Guy de Burgh (who
could not attend this meeting) plus some votes from attendees at the meeting
that were either not sent or not yet received and reported by Guy.

The total official vote to change the yearly IBIS Open Forum dues to $750.00 
is 23 YES, 2 NO, and 7 No-responses.  Bob reported each company's vote at the
meeting.  Bob then stated that two of the No-responses were from companies
that had merged with other member companies that had voted YES.  Bob
considered that their vote could be also be counted as YES.  However, these
additional votes were not technically needed.

Consistent with the most stringent internal IBIS requirement that two-thirds 
(21) of the official EIA IBIS Open Forum Members must approve a Charter
change, the new rate is official approved.

NEW IBIS OFFICER POSITIONS
Bob also reported on the e-mail ballot votes tallied by Guy de Burgh the vote
on the Charter change to add the Postmaster and Webmaster positions as
official EIA IBIS Open Forum officers.  Bob also collected unreported votes
at the meeting.

The official vote is 24 YES, 0 NO and 8 No-responses.  Bob reported each
company's vote at the meeting.  Although not technically needed, two of the
No-response votes could also fall in the YES category.

The Charter revision creating the new positions is officially approved.

The revised section that was published in the October 29, 1999 minutes is
repeated for reference:

Position          Responsibilities
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chairperson       Oversee all forum activities, preside at all general 
                  meetings.  Finance authority.  This person must be an 
                  employee of a Membership Company.

Vice Chair        Cover for chair and secretary in their absence, coordinate 
                  all public relations (press releases, media contacts).  This 
                  person must be an employee of a Membership Company.

Secretary         Coordinate logistics of all meetings, take and publish 
                  meeting minutes within 10 days of meeting.  [Delete this
                  task since it is  transferred to the Postmaster: Work with 
                  or act as file server sysop to maintain the reflector and 
                  on-line files.]  This person does not need to be an employee 
                  of a Membership Company.

Librarian         Maintain the library of public IBIS models, including 
                  verifying authenticity and compliance before posting.  This 
                  person does not need to be an employee of Membership 
                  Company.

Webmaster         Maintains the contents of the official EIA IBIS Open Forum
                  Web site and Roster files under www.eia.org either directly
                  or through contact with EIA staff.  This person does not
                  need to be an employee of a Membership Company.

Postmaster        Maintains the e-mail distribution lists and performs file
                  server sysop activities for the on-line files on the IBIS
                  site: www.eda.org/pub/ibis/.  This person does not need to
                  be an employee of a Membership Company.

CONNECTOR PROPOSAL
Bob Ross moved the Connector Proposal discussion originally scheduled at the
very end as the next item in the Agenda since Kellee Chrisafulli had to leave
early.

Kellee provided background information that a sub-committee of EDA vendors 
and connector vendors produced a draft connector specification document.  The
draft was presented at the February 1, 1999 IBIS Summit Meeting and was also
uploaded for review.  Several comments were made at that meeting.  Most of 
the comments dealt with additional clarifications.  The revised document is 
now available for review and for the IBIS Open Forum to take action.

Kellee reported that the sub-committee decided to focus only on modeling
connectors since that was the compelling need and also not to get bogged down
in some more general issues associated with package models and electrical
board descriptions.  Kellee indicated that a previous proposal by the IBIS
Open Forum might have died because it tried to be too general.  Kellee stated
that the new ideas in the connector document could be applied to package 
models in the future.  Also, after further investigation, Kelly stated that
the sub-committee decided to postpone dealing with frequency dependent 
losses.  However, he saw no barrier to including them in a future version.  

As stated earlier, the link to the Connector Specification directory that
contains the latest documents is now available from the EIA IBIS Home page
and is also accessible directly at:

  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/connector/
  
Stephen Peters and Arpad Muranyi asked several clarifying questions on
whether the (frequency dependent) conductance matrix was included, and Kellee 
responded that it was not.  Furthermore he stated that the decision to 
postpone losses was made after consulting with a number of internal technical 
experts.

Arpad stated that he reviewed the document and did not find any reference to
length statements.  Kellee thought that this was an oversight.

Bob Ross stated that the IBIS Open Forum needed to look and validate the big
decisions and also comment on the small issues.  The February 1, 1999 IBIS
Summit presentation which contains some committee rationale is also in the
location above.  The big issues include keeping the document focused on
connectors only (versus expanding it to included packages and Electrical Board
Descriptions), using the matrix methodology similar to the coupled package
model methodology in the IBIS Standard (versus a nodal or Spice-like
methodology), checking the EDA and connector vendor support, and deferring
losses.  The smaller issues deal with syntax alignment, with IBIS and some
syntax and keyword decisions that are different from IBIS.

Bob also commented that some sample connector models that were originally
on the CD ROM given to attendees at the February 1, 1999 IBIS Summit Meeting
were not uploaded.  Kellee responded that he will check that the examples
are consistent with the revised syntax and will work with Matthew Flora to
upload the examples.

Scott McMorrow raised the issue that modern connectors have tolerances and
that minimum and maximum models are needed along with typical models.  He
also presented some ideas on syntax.  Arpad suggested multiple connector
models.  Bob asked to postpone the discussion until the BIRD64 discussion 
since Scott had recently raised a similar concern on the BIRD64 proposal.

Arpad asked whether the document would be processed as a separate document
or a section in the IBIS document.  Kellee stated that he would like to see
the document as an official section in the IBIS document (along with package
models, Electrical Board Descriptions).  However, it is currently structured
as a stand-alone document.

Bob felt that it would be easier to deal with the document as a stand-alone
document.  The overall IBIS document was becoming very large and there were
other IBIS issues being considered that could slow down the release of the
connector document if it were to be included as part of IBIS.  

Bob outlined a scenario similar to the one used to ratify various levels of
IBIS.  The EIA IBIS Open Forum could seriously review the document and then 
ratify it at a "Version 1.0" level once all the issues have been resolved.  
A separate Connector BIRD process might be used if a number of issues were
raised.  This would stabilize the syntax.  Then a parser could be developed 
to check the syntax and also to independently review and uncover confusing or
unclear sections in the document.  A number of editorial and possibly minor
technical changes would be made, and the revised document would be ratified
at the Version 1.1 level.  Then it might be forwarded to EIA for a public 
letter ballot review as part of the national EIA and ANSI ratification 
process.

Ron Werner concurred with this approach and suggested that we continue to
process the Connector document as an independent document.

COOKBOOK STATUS
The normal Agenda sequence was then resumed.  Stephen Peters had no report.

IBIS MODEL REVIEW COMMITTEE DISCUSSION
Matthew Flora reported that a new model from Intel has been distributed for
review.

BUG34 - NO ERRORS REPORTED FOR MISSING V/I TABLES IN OUTPUT BUFFERS
Bob Ross asked Matthew Flora to defer the discussion on BUG34 until a later
meeting.  Unlike some of the BUGs where a simple solution exists, this bug
contains some enhanced Warning messages that need to be discussed.  Bob plans
to send this BUG out to the IBIS reflectors for reference.  Also, we need
to decide who will provide the fix.  Currently two minor BUGs have been
fixed, but they not significant enough to go through the processes to issue
a new ibischk3 release at this time.

BIRD61 - ENHANCED CHARACTERIZATION OF RECEIVERS
BIRD62 - ENHANCED CHARACTERIZATION OF RECEIVER THRESHOLDS (discussed First)
BIRD63 - DOCUMENTATION OF RECEIVER SETUP AND HOLD TIMING CONDITIONS
Stephen Peters still has not had time to provide updates and corrections to 
BIRD62 and BIRD63 in response to comments.  Stephen also stated that BIRD61
needs some further work to describe behavioral receivers.  He expects Don 
Telium of Cadence to present some ideas at the IBIS Summit meeting on 
January 31, 2000.

While not directly related to the above BIRDs, Bob Ross mentioned that the
IBIS Committee is at a cross-roads.  The Version 3.2 document is already
quite large.  It can be improved, but we need to decide between some 
fundamental and possibly overlapping approaches that are now being proposed.
So the content of IBIS Version 4.0 might be just minor specification and
technical improvements associated with current technology or it might include
some major additions.  Some proposals and activities include:

  IBIS Version 4.0 Specification additions (including BIRDs 62, 63, 66)
  Input Modeling Simulation (BIRD61)
  Other Version 4.0 technical details (BIRDs 64, 65, and more)
  IBIS-X to be discussed later, possible alternative BIRDxxx, and possible
    inclusion of an application programmable interface (API).
  Possibly resurrecting older proposals related to SSO, ground bounce.
  Spice and IMIC links
  Considering analog VHDL
  Connector Specification
  Other Activities - Spice to IBIS, Accuracy Specification, Education, etc.

Bob concluded that at least some minor refinements to IBIS Version 3.2 leading
to IBIS 4.0 are needed and can be ratified at this time without conflicting
with other possible approaches.

BIRD64 - PACKAGE MODEL SELECTOR
Bob Ross and Arpad Muranyi commented on some of the alternatives presented in
response to BIRD64 to allow package model selections for an IBIS Component.
These alternatives include:

  Do nothing, just issue separate component models
  Use [Package Model Selector] to list separate choices as in BIRD64
  Use [Package Model Selector] in a manner similar to [Model Selector]
  (also extend [Package Model] syntax to include typ, min, max models)

Scott McMorrow discussed another option that he recently presented on the IBIS
reflector.  He proposed a syntax for using the [Package Model Selector] for
different packages, and each of these packages would have columns for typ, 
min and max models.

Scott argued that this extension would also be useful for Electrical Board
Descriptions and would avoid loading several Component models for the same
component.  The newer syntax would also support having EDA tools doing
package model selection automatically for corner analysis.

Scott gave an example of a 208 pin BGA.  He stated that the typical column
package model might reference the single line model, the minimum column model 
might reference the odd-mode extraction, and the maximum column model might
reference the even-mode extraction.

More discussion occurred.  Bob commented that there were two different 
applications.  One application was to select different packages and one was
to select typ, min, and max variations of the same package.  An original, 
IBIS assumption has been that detailed pin level models gave would be
relatively constant compared to the wider electrical variations between typ,
min, and max I/O buffer models.

We ended the discussion in order to move on to the next Agenda items.

BIRD65 - C_comp REFINEMENTS
Bob Ross commented that BIRD65 might be an easy technical addition to
ratify, but needs to be considered in the context of some other fundamental
proposals that might better deal with current distribution details.  Bob
asked Arpad to defer the discussion so we could move on to other Agenda
topics.

BIRD66 - [Model Spec] Vref ADDITION (Inserted Agenda Item)
Scott McMorrow introduced BIRD66,  He proposed adding Vref as a [Model Spec]
subparameter to allow different Vref values for min and max voltage settings.
Scott argued that this variation is needed to support certain technologies
such as SSTL.

Bob Ross commented that we have considered this before and will need more
time to discuss it fully.  BIRD66 opens the door again for allowing other
possibilities such as also allowing min and max Rref and Cref values, adding
an Rseries element in the test load (as in SSTL) and also specifying
independent loads for rising and falling edges (such as those used in some PCI
specifications.)

IBIS-X
In the remaining time Stephen Peters introduced a general IBIS-X proposal 
that he recently sent to the IBIS reflector.  The issues he wanted to 
address are:

  The IBIS document is becoming too complex
  Extensions are needed for detailed power and ground return path analysis 
  Behavioral receiver models are needed
  An Application Program Interface (API) escape mechanism is needed for
    solutions which have not been standardized (such as nodal syntax and
    black box support)

Stephen started by questioning what is need to support an API.  The elements
of the IBIS-X proposal then evolved.  Like IBIS, IBIS-X is component centric.
However, it is not entirely backward compatible.  It contains some of the 
more useful IBIS syntax and table structure, but uses a [Begin Component]
and [End Component] and [Begin Model] and [End Model] module structure.  The
Model syntax is expanded to include ports to document the  ground and power
connections.

Arpad Muranyi stated that he agrees with the goals.  In general he sees the
benefit of having IBIS (with specification detail) and having Spice.  In fact
Arpad stated that would be nice if Spice Vendors would add specification
detail.  Arpad also has a potentially simpler "BIRDxxx approach based on some
keyword additions to IBIS to add a [Die Interconnect] section.  This would be
in addition to the Package Model, Electrical Board Description, and possible
Connector sections

Bob Ross concluded the discussion by briefly presenting some more elements
contained in the IBIS-X proposal:

  Proposed BIRD6x keywords:
    [Reference Voltage]
    [Driver Spec]
    [Receiver Spec]
  Port list
  Nodal syntax addition for L, R, C, I, V, S (equations) and X (subcircuits)
  [Submodel]
  
Bob indicated that the discussion will be continued.  

NEXT MEETING:
The next teleconference meeting will be on Friday, December 3, 1999 from
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.

The following meeting will be on Friday, December 17, 1999.  Two meetings
spaced two weeks apart were scheduled so that we could devote more time to
the significant technical issues that are now emerging.
==============================================================================
                                      NOTES

IBIS CHAIR: Bob Ross (503) 685-0732, Fax (503) 685-4897
            [email-masked]
            Modeling Engineer, Mentor Graphics
            8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070

VICE CHAIR: Stephen Peters (503) 264-4108, Fax: (503) 264-4515
            [email-masked]
            Senior Hardware Engineer, Intel Corporation
            M/S JF1-209
            2111 NE 25th Ave. 
            Hillsboro, OR 97124-5961

SECRETARY:  Guy de Burgh (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
            [email-masked]
            Senior Manager, Viewlogic Systems
            1369 Del Norte Rd.
            Camarillo, CA 93010-8437

LIBRARIAN:  Jon Powell (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
            [email-masked]
            Senior Scientist, Viewlogic Systems
            1369 Del Norte Rd.
            Camarillo, CA 93010

WEBMASTER:  Syed Huq (408) 525-3399, Fax: (408) 526-5504
            [email-masked]
            Signal Integrity Engineer, Cisco Systems
            170 West Tasman Drive
            San Jose, CA 95134-1706

POSTMASTER: Matthew Flora (425) 869-2320, Fax: (425) 881-1008
            [email-masked]
            Senior Engineer, HyperLynx, Inc.
            114715 N.E. 95th Street
            Redmond, WA 98052
 
This meeting was conducted in accordance with the EIA Legal Guides and EIA
Manual of Organization and Procedure.

The following e-mail addresses are used:

  [email-masked]
      To join, change, or drop from either the IBIS Open Forum Reflector
      ([email-masked]), the IBIS Users' Group Reflector ([email-masked])
      or both.  State your request.

  [email-masked]
      To obtain general information about IBIS, to ask specific questions
      for individual response, and to inquire about joining the EIA-IBIS
      Open Forum as a full Member.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the general IBIS Open Forum Reflector.  This
      is used mostly for IBIS Standardization business and future IBIS
      technical enhancements.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the IBIS Users' Group Reflector.  This is 
      used mostly for IBIS clarification, current modeling issues, and
      general user concerns.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To report ibischk2/3 parser bugs.  The Bug Report Form Resides on
      eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bugform.txt along with reported bugs.

      To report s2ibis, s2ibis2 and s2iplt bugs, use the Bug Report Forms
      which reside under eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis/bugs2i.txt, 
      /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis2/bugs2i2.txt, & /pub/ibis/bugs/s2iplt/bugsplt.txt
      respectively.

Information on IBIS technical contents, IBIS participants, and actual
IBIS models are available on the IBIS Home page found by selecting the
Electronic Information Group under:

  http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm/

Check the pub/ibis directory on eda.org for more information on previous 
discussions and results.  You can get on via FTP anonymous.
==============================================================================