Subject: IBIS connector specification vote

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:41:25 -0800

Hi all,

  I would like to move that an item of business be added to the
next meeting agenda to discuss voting on the IBIS connector
specification.  

1) It was introduced in Jan 1999 at the Design Con IBIS
    meeting.
2) All open items that came up at that meeting have been addressed
    by the connector sub-group.  The specification was modified
    to either address them, post-pone them till another released or
    close them.
3) It is badly needed by the industry.
4) It has been examined by several major connector vendors,
    simulation vendors, and industry experts in the area of 
    electromagnetic's and it is considered acceptable.
5) It follows the grammar and syntax of the existing IBIS specification
6) It uses syntax that is backward compatible with the IBIS .pkg
specification.

As far as I know all the goals we set to accomplish have been
achieved.

Check out the information at the IBIS web site...
   http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/connector/

I don't expect a vote at the next meeting; I would however
like it to be scheduled for a vote.

best wishes.
Kellee

---

From: Bob Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:50:40 -0800

Kellee:

You and the others have done an outstanding job producing the
Connector Specification document.

The Connector proposal is scheduled for discussion at the Friday,
November 19, 1999 meeting at the end.  I anticipate that there will
be enough time for an extended introductory discussion.

We are also thinking of two meetings in December where one will
be devoted to one or two major technical issues.  The Connector
proposal is a candidate for an such an extended discussion.

What is needed is for the IBIS group to seriously review the proposal
and to provide comments.

Then we can close off all new issues and vote on the proposal.

Best Regards,
Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics