Subject: Buffer delay?

From: "A. D. Shripadaraj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:44:02 +0531 (IST)

Hi IBIS Gurus,

Why  IBIS doesnot conatain the data for buffer delay?

- Shripad

---

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 20:28:51 -0700

Hi Shripad,

  IBIS was created to specify the input and output buffer analog
characteristics
without including internal gates and flip-flops.  It was extended in
Version 2.1
to allow the analog characteristics to be used with the digital delay
information found
in data books or digital simulators.  By using an IBIS simulator's delay
output
together with a digital simulator through SDF files or by using manually
computed
delays with data book information the total input to output delay in
circuit can be
computed using IBIS model simulations of the actual circuit loading.

To make a long story short.  Other formats already specified the internal
device
delays for digital simulators but there was no format for the description
of the 
device input and output characteristics.  It seems simple to include a
buffer delay
but many devices contain much more complex path's from a given input pin to
a given output pin (e.g. a processor chip clock to data valid).

best wishes...
Kellee