Subject: ??: Help, IBIS Warnings.

From: Daniel Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:46:29 +0800

Increase the value specified at [Sim time] in the X.s2i file, then run
s2ibis2 again.

Daniel Wei

VIA Technologies, Inc.

-----ì©l¶l¥ó-----
±H¥óªÌ: Chris Potts [mailto:[email-masked]]
±H¥ó¤é´Á: 1999¦~12¤ë20¤é PM 09:16
¦¬¥óªÌ: [email-masked]
¥D¦®: Help, IBIS Warnings.

I am attempting to create a IBIS model of a connector used in a system, the
signals come from a Motorola Differential PECL clock device so I have been
trying to utilise the models available for this item, however, when checking
my model I get the following warnings,

WARNING - Model 'PECL_OBUF3_5': MIN AC Falling Endpoints ( 1.22V,  1.98V)
not within
          0.015V (2%) of ( 1.22V,  1.87V) on VI curves for 50 Ohms to 1V
WARNING - Model 'PECL_OBUF3_5': MIN VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=1.9V
          given load Rref=50 Ohms to Vref=1.3V

Does anyone have any help regarding these errors as I am at a loss, attached
is a copy of my file.

Thanks in advance

Chris Potts

Mr Chris Potts BEng(Hons).
Design Engineer
PowerX Ltd
Tel: +44 0161 286 2000 ext 201
Fax: +44 0161 286 2202
E-Mail: [email-masked]