Subject: Help, IBIS Warnings.

From: "Chris Potts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:15:30 -0000

I am attempting to create a IBIS model of a connector used in a system, the
signals come from a Motorola Differential PECL clock device so I have been
trying to utilise the models available for this item, however, when checking
my model I get the following warnings,

WARNING - Model 'PECL_OBUF3_5': MIN AC Falling Endpoints ( 1.22V,  1.98V)
not within
          0.015V (2%) of ( 1.22V,  1.87V) on VI curves for 50 Ohms to 1V
WARNING - Model 'PECL_OBUF3_5': MIN VI curves cannot drive through
Vmeas=1.9V
          given load Rref=50 Ohms to Vref=1.3V

Does anyone have any help regarding these errors as I am at a loss, attached
is a copy of my file.

Thanks in advance

Chris Potts

Mr Chris Potts BEng(Hons).
Design Engineer
PowerX Ltd
Tel: +44 0161 286 2000 ext 201
Fax: +44 0161 286 2202
E-Mail: [email-masked]