Subject: IBIS Meeting 12/17/99

From: Bob Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:44:50 -0800

IBIS Open Forum Meeting Agenda 
                               for 12/17/99

                 Bridge Number    Reservation #   Passcode
                 (916) 356-9200   2-368942        8917482

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  When you call into the 
meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Will Hobbs and give the
Reservation Number and Passcode.

8:00 Check-In, Intros, Announcements                         Ross

     - Intros of New IBIS Participants, Meeting Quorum       Ross
     - Membership Update and Treasurers Report               Ross/Fleming
     - Review of Previous Meeting's Minutes (and ARs)        Ross
     - Miscellany/Announcements                              All
     - Press & Web Page Updates                              Huq, All
     - New Models Available, Library Update                  Powell, All
     - Opens for New Issues                                  All

8:15 Administrative and Project Discussions

     International/External Progress
     - IEC 62014-1 (IBIS Version 3.2)                        Ross/Fleming
     - pr EIAJ ED-5302 Standard for I/O Interface Model      
          for Integrated Circuits (IMIC)                     Raghuram/Ross
     - IEC PWI 93-1 Models of Integrated Circuits for EMI 
       Behavioral Simulation (formerly designated as
       IEC 93/67/NP IBIS and EMC Simulation)                 Perrin
     - JEDEC JC-16.2 Modeling and Testing                    Sessions

     DesignCon2000 IBIS Summit Planning                      Ross/Schwartz
    
     DATE2000 IBIS Summit Planning                           Ross

     Cookbook Status                                         Peters

     IBIS Model Review Committee                             Flora

     S2ibis3 Proposal Discussion (Vote?)                     Cohen

     New Administrative Issues                               All

8:45 Technical Discussion (some topics may be deferred)

     Connector Proposal Review (Continued)              Panella/Chrisafulli

     IBIS Futures (IBIS-X, API, BIRDxx)                      Peters/Muranyi

     BIRD64 - Package Model Selector                         Muranyi

     BIRD66 - [Model Spec] Vref Addition                     McMorrow/Ross

     BUG34 - No Error Reported for Missing V/I Tables        Flora
             in Output Buffers

     BIRD61 - Enhanced Characterization of Receivers         Peters

     BIRD62 - Enhanced Chararcterization of Receiver         Peters
              Thresholds

     BIRD63 - Documentation of Receiver Setup and Hold       Peters
              Timing Conditions

     BIRD65 - C_comp Refinements                             Muranyi

     New Technical Issues                                    All

9:50 Wrap Up and Next Meetings Plans                         Peters

9:55 Sign Off

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:43:34 +0000

Bob / Kellee,

I have a prior meeting commitment starting at 10:00 on Dec. 17

Therefore, I unfortunately will not be able to attend the meeting...  Kellee,
would you be able to attend??

However,  I have not seen ANY  comments (zero, nada, zilch, nothing, etc.) on
the reflector with regards to the IBIS connector specification.  So, is there
really anything to talk about? From the lack of response.. either everyone
thinks it's great... or everyone hasn't read it...  Maybe... if we can use the
meeting to URGENTLY request more (some?) feedback!!

Either way... it would be nice to get feedback and question with regards to the
specification before we get into an open phone discussion, such that there would
be time to prepare concise answers or create a change to the specification...

Best Regards,
_gus

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Ross <[email-masked]> 
> Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 1:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: IBIS Meeting 12/17/99
> 
> 
> 
 <SNIP>

---

From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:50:16 -0800

I was supposed to write this a long time ago, but things are crazy
around here lately so I couldn't.  Not that I have more time now,
but this is for the cause.

I noticed that most keywords have a description in the usage rules for
where they can appear in a model.  However, a few do not mention anything.
It would be nice to consistently explain this for every single keyword.
The ones I couldn't find this description for are:
  [Begin/end_Cn_Model_List],
  [Begin/end_Cn_Model],
  [Row],
  [Diagonal_matrix],
  [Banded_matrix],
  [Sparce_matrix],
  [Bandwidth]

A keyword tree, or map would be a good aid in determining the hierarchical
ordering and dependencies of the keywords.

Also, since the words are usually capitalized in these keywords, the word
"matrix" should be also spelled with a capitol "M".  The square brackets
"[" and "]" are missing from some of these keywords also.

In the units section it only goes from Tera to fempto.  Since coupling
can be very small, we should extend this (at least) on the low side ("a" for
anno 1e-18, etc).

I wonder about the rules of required matrixes (L, C, and R).  I understand
the
cases listed in the spec, but I wonder about unexpected usage.  For example,
I was looking into using this spec for on-die interconnect descriptions.  If
I
succeeded with that, I may need to provide an RC type interconnect, not LC.
According to the requirements of this spec this would not be possible.

Other than that, I think it is a very good spec.  Thanks for all the work
that went into it.

Arpad
=========================================================================

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 5:44 AM
To: Bob Ross; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: IBIS Meeting 12/17/99

Bob / Kellee,

Therefore, I unfortunately will not be able to attend the meeting...
Kellee,
would you be able to attend??

However,  I have not seen ANY  comments (zero, nada, zilch, nothing, etc.)
on
the reflector with regards to the IBIS connector specification.  So, is
there
really anything to talk about? From the lack of response.. either everyone
thinks it's great... or everyone hasn't read it...  Maybe... if we can use
the
meeting to URGENTLY request more (some?) feedback!!

Either way... it would be nice to get feedback and question with regards to
the
specification before we get into an open phone discussion, such that there
would
be time to prepare concise answers or create a change to the
specification...

Best Regards,
_gus

 <SNIP>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:49:33 +0000

Arpad.

THANK-YOU for the comments...

For what it is worth, A couple of the keywords that are not defined in IBISCnn
are common to the general IBIS spec..  As such, the definitions are the same. 
However, I would agree that if this is a standalone document that the
definitions should most likely be included.

For the non-standard keyword definitions...  Good Eyes!!  We will definitely
need to add these!

I also like the idea of a keyword tree.  I think that this  would be a good
supporting document.

Another idea that I have been playing with is a keyword database file.  This way
we could search any field (keyword, description, syntax, other) and display
usage.  However, this may be beyond the scope.  I am not sure..  Comments?

Re: anno
Is it anno  or atto?

Re: "RC"
This, not spelled out....  but for what it is worth.... it is possible to use a
RLC matrix.. then set all the L values to "0"...  Same effect but clumsy...  I
think that the addition of RC would be good.

_gus

> From: "Muranyi; Arpad" <[email-masked]> 
> Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 3:50 PM
> To: [email-masked]