Subject: Missing V/I tables in models

From: Matthew Flora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:27:39 -0100

Hello,

I noticed today that the Golden IBIS Parser will not complain if an output
buffer contains no V/I tables.  I consider such a model rather useless.  Am I
being naive?  If not, then should the parser have generated an error?

Regards,
Matthew Flora
Senior Engineer
HyperLynx
(425) 869-2320 PH
(425) 881-1008 FAX
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ross)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 99 17:59:04 PST

Matthew:

Per our discussion, we received the formal Bug report, and it will be
logged as BUG34.  Thank you for submitting it and doing some additional
checks on it.

For general information, the parser defect exists in all versions of 
IBISCHK.  Input and Terminator models do not require any V/I tables.
However, the parsers do not check for the existence of tables for the
model types that require tables - such as Output models.

I plan to add discussion of BUG34 to the agenda at the January 15, 1999
meeting.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics

> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:27:39 -0100
> To: [email-masked]
> From: Matthew Flora <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Missing V/I tables in models