Subject: IBIS Subcommittee Formed to Review Spice to IBIS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:25:47 -0400

Hello everyone.

On May 28, 199, the IBIS Committee, via the IBIS Open Forum Teleconference,
formed a subcommittee to determine the viability of taking ownership of the
Spice to IBIS (s2ibis2) tool, originally written at North Carolina State
University.  This subcommittee will eventually report back to the IBIS Committee
the following:
    1.  Any known bugs with the current tool.
    2.  Any future enhancements for the next generation tool (s2ibis3).

From these lists, the IBIS Committee and this subcommittee will draft a
"requirements" list, and pending funding, request bids from various sources to
update/rewrite the tool.  Like the IBIS Parser, we want to keep the Spice to
IBIS tool in the public domain (open source).

As chairperson of this subcommittee, I am asking for your help.  If you are a
user, or one of the many programmers, of the current Spice to IBIS tool, I am
looking for your feedback to make the next tool better.  If you know of any
bugs, or have any enhancement requests, please let us know by posting your
comments to either the IBIS or SI reflector.  If you wish to keep your comments
psuedo-confidential, please feel free to send them directly to myself at
"[email-masked]".  Please be as specific as you can.  In the case of bug
reports, we may need to contact you off-line to get more information and/or
testcases.

Please send your responses no later than June 18, as we will be discussing this
topic at the IBIS Summit Meeting, which will be held Monday, June 21.

Disclaimer:  all participants on this subcommittee, as well as those on the IBIS
Committee, are volunteers, attempting to make this tool better.  We are not
getting paid, nor receiving any benefits, from this work.  So please, be kind
with your comments.

Regards,
Michael Cohen

IBM Personal Systems Group
Design Tools Department
D-26D/B-201/R-D104H
3039 Cornwallis Road
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

Phone:  919-543-4042 (T/L 441-4042)
FAX:  919-543-8221 (T/L 441-8221)
Internet Address:   [email-masked]

IBM Internal Addresses:
    From Lotus Notes (#1):   Michael Cohen/Raleigh/IBM
    From Lotus Notes (#2):   micohen@ibmus
    From VM:   micohen@ibmusm21