Subject: IBIS Subcommittee Formed to Review Spice to IBIS (Reminder)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:08:43 -0400

Hello everyone.

This is a reminder to all persons who have not yet sent in their responses to my
note dated June 4, 1999:

>Hello everyone.
>
>On May 28, 199, the IBIS Committee, via the IBIS Open Forum Teleconference,
>formed a subcommittee to determine the viability of taking ownership of the
>Spice to IBIS (s2ibis2) tool, originally written at North Carolina State
>University.  This subcommittee will eventually report back to the IBIS
>Committee the following:
>    1.  Any known bugs with the current tool.
>    2.  Any future enhancements for the next generation tool (s2ibis3).
>
>From these lists, the IBIS Committee and this subcommittee will draft a
>"requirements" list, and pending funding, request bids from various
>sources to update/rewrite the tool.  Like the IBIS Parser, we want to keep
>the Spice to IBIS tool in the public domain (open source).
>
>As chairperson of this subcommittee, I am asking for your help.  If you are a
>user, or one of the many programmers, of the current Spice to IBIS tool, I am
>looking for your feedback to make the next tool better.  If you know of any
>bugs, or have any enhancement requests, please let us know by posting your
>comments to either the IBIS or SI reflector.  If you wish to keep your
>comments psuedo-confidential, please feel free to send them directly to
>myself at "[email-masked]".  Please be as specific as you can.  In the
>case of bug reports, we may need to contact you off-line to get more
>information and/or testcases.
>
>Please send your responses no later than June 18, as we will be discussing
>this topic at the IBIS Summit Meeting, which will be held Monday, June 21.
>
>Disclaimer:  all participants on this subcommittee, as well as those on
>the IBIS Committee, are volunteers, attempting to make this tool better.  We
>are not getting paid, nor receiving any benefits, from this work.  So please,
>be kind with your comments.
>

To date, we have received approximately 30 responses, some dealing with the 100
point IBIS limitation.  If you have any other enhancement requests, or bug
reports (not directly relating to the 100 point discussion), please send them to
the reflector(s) or myself.

Again, thank you to all those who have already responded.

Regards,
Michael Cohen

IBM Personal Systems Group
Design Tools Department
D-26D/B-201/R-D104H
3039 Cornwallis Road
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

Phone:  919-543-4042 (T/L 441-4042)
FAX:  919-543-8221 (T/L 441-8221)
Internet Address:   [email-masked]

IBM Internal Addresses:
    From Lotus Notes (#1):   Michael Cohen/Raleigh/IBM
    From Lotus Notes (#2):   micohen@ibmus
    From VM:   micohen@ibmusm21