Subject: IBIS Open Forum Minutes 28 May 1999

From: Matthew Flora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:05:59 +0000

DATE: 6/2/99

SUBJECT: 5/28/99 EIA IBIS Open Forum Meeting Minutes

VOTING MEMBERS AND 1999 PARTICIPANTS LIST:
AMP                            (Martin Freedman) 
Applied Simulation Technology  Raj Raghuram, Norio Matsui, Neven Orhanovic
Avanti                         Nikolai Bannov
Cadence Design                 Mike LaBonte*
Cisco Systems                  Syed Huq*
Compaq                         Bob Haller*, Steve Coe, Shafir Rahman,
                               Maher Elasad
Cypress                        (Rajesh Manapat)
EMC Corporation                Fabrizio Zanella
Fairchild Semiconductor        [Peter LaFlamme], Craig Klem
H.A.S. Electronics             (Haruny Said)
Hewlett Packard (EEsof, etc.)  Paul Gregory, Henry Wu
High Design Technology         Razvan Ene
HyperLynx                      Matthew Flora*, Kellee Crisafulli
IBM                            Greg Edlund, Michael Cohen*, Praven Patel
Incases                        Olaf Rethmeier*, Werner Rissiek, David Eagles,
                               Wilhelm Arnoldi, Ulrich Losch
Intel Corporation              Stephen Peters*, Arpad Muranyi*, Frank Kern,
                               Martin Chang, Dave Moxley, Kerry Nelson*, 
                               Jeff Day, Richard Mellitz, Peter Liou
LSI Logic (Symbios Logic)      Scott King
Mentor Graphics                Bob Ross*, Mohamed Mahmoud, Sherif Hammad,
                               Jean Oudinot, Markku Kukkanen, Martin Groeber,
                               Karine Loudet
Mitsubishi                     (Tam Cao)
Motorola                       (Ron Werner)
National Semiconductor         Milt Schwartz
North East Systems Associates  Edward Sayre, Michael Baxter, Kathy Breda
NEC                            (Hiroshi Matsumoto)
Philips Semiconductor          Todd Andersen, Peter Christiaans
Quantic EMC                    (Mike Ventham)
Siemens                        Bernhard Unger, Christian Mitschke, 
                               Manfred Maurer, Peter Kaiser, Wolfram Meyer,
                               Gerald Bannert, Harmut Ibowski, Katja Zuleeg,
                               Hans Pichlmaier, Eckhard Lenski, Kortheuer Udo,
                               Christian Sporrer
SiQual                         Scott McMorrow
Texas Instruments              Jean-Claude Perrin, Shankar Balasubramaniah,
                               Ramzi Ammar
Thomson-CSF                    (Jean Lebrun)
Time Domain Analysis Systems   Dima Smolyansky
Viewlogic                      Chris Rokusek*, Guy de Burgh, Cary Mandel,
                               (Jon Powell)
VeriBest                       Ian Dodd*
VLSI Technology                D.C. Sessions
Zuken-Redac                    (John Berrie) 

OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN 1999:
3Dfx Interactive               Ken Wu
Actel Corporation              Silvia Montoya
Alcatel                        Steven Criel
Analytical Edge                Robert Easson
Applied Microelectronics       Brian Sanderson
BMW                            Friedrich Haslinger
Bogatin Enterprise             Eric Bogatin
Bosch Telecom                  Detlef Wolf
ECI Telecom                    Daniel Adar
EIA                            [Patti Rusher], Cecilia Fleming,
                               Dan Heinemeier 
Electronique                   Catherine Gross
EFM Consulting                 Ekkehard Miersch
Intracon Design                Mike Osmond
FCI                            John Ellis
Litton Systems                 Robert Bremer
Molex Incorporated             Gus Panella
Nortel Networks (& Viewlogic)  Martin Hall
Oce Printing Systems           Ernst Deiringer
Praegitzer Design              Rick Newell
Rockwell Collins               Susan Tweeton, Ron Hau
Samsung                        Jung-Gun Byun, Cheol-Seung Choi
Signals & Systems Engineering  Tom Hawkins
STMicroelectronics             Fabrice Boissieres, Philippe LeFevre
StorageTek                     Nick Krull
Sun Microsystems               Victor Chang
Tektronix                      Tom Brinkoetter
Teradyne                       Mikhail Khusid
VDOL                           Robert Novosel
Xilinx                         Susan Wu
(Unaffiliatied, Retired)       Bruce Wenniger

In the list above, attendees at the meeting are indicated by *. Principal
members or other active members who have not attended are in parentheses.
Participants who no longer are in the organization are in square brackets.

Upcoming Meetings:  The bridge numbers for future IBIS teleconferences are as
follows:
  
  Date               Bridge Number     Reservation #    Passcode
  Monday, June 21, 1999    DAC99 IBIS Summit Meeting -  No Phone Bridge

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  We try to have agendas out 
7 days before each Open Forum and meeting minutes out within 7 days after.  
When you call into the meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Will 
Hobbs and give the reservation number and passcode.

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-------------------------------- MINUTES -------------------------------------

INTRODUCTIONS AND MEETING QUORUM
No new attendees.

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE AND TREASURER'S REPORT
Bob Ross had no update, but still needs to work with Cecilia Fleming on
payment status.

REVIEW OF MINUTES AND AR'S
No corrections were made to the minutes.

The AR's will be discussed during the meeting.

MISCELLANY/ANNOUNCEMENTS
None

PRESS AND WEB PAGE UPDATES
Bob Ross reported that the June 1999 issue of Integrated System Design (ISD)
has an article "EDA Standards for the Millennium" on pp. 17 - 28 which has
a table that lists IBIS Version 3.2 as one of the standards.

Bob also noted that some IBIS Training Courses have been uploaded to 

  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/training/

Per the discussion at the last meeting, Arpad Muranyi made available his
"Introduction to  IBIS Models and IBIS Model Making" class Power Point 
slides.  These were part of a short course set of tutorials given in April 
1999 in Phoenix Arizona by the Arizona State University.  These slides were 
uploaded as Foils99.zip.  Also Arpad did a similar presentation in Hannover, 
Germany in May, 1999.  He produced a modified set of slides that did not 
reference the proprietary IBIS Center program.  These Power Point slides were 
uploaded as Hannover.zip.

Bob indicated that Todd Westerhoff announced a downloadable Power Point 
tutorial "Basic SI and Timing Budgets for Common Clock Designs" on the SI
reflector.  The material also addresses issues regarding the timing test load
and Vmeas in IBIS models.  Todd has given Bob permission to upload the slides
in the training directory.  Bob indicated that there was no vendor-specific
content in the presentation and asked the group if there were any objections
to uploading this presentation.  The group agreed to having the presentation
uploaded.

AR - Bob Ross upload timing101a.zip to the training directory above [Done].

Syed Huq reported that he has turned over the material to Cecilia Fleming
on Upcoming events and the link to the training directory.  He did run into
a password issue that prevents him from doing the uploads himself.

NEW MODELS AVAILABLE, LIBRARY UPDATE
Bob Ross reported that the Aptos Semiconductor IBIS model link is down since
the operations have been sold.

OPENS FOR NEW ISSUES
Arpad Muranyi on single ended and differential model selection.

INTERNATIONAL/EXTERNAL PROGRESS
- IEC 62014-1 (IBIS Version 2.1) - Bob Ross reported that the comments voted
  on at the last meeting have been submitted to the US Technical Advisory
  Group (TAG) for formal processing.  The comments will be formally forwarded
  to IEC.  After they are processed, the IEC 62014-1 document should be moved
  to the next phase (FDIS) leading to formal ratification of a Draft
  International Standard. 
  
- pr EIAJ ED-5302 Standard for I/O Interface Model for Integrated Circuits
  (IMIC) - Bob Ross reported that he and Stephen Peters met with Dr. Norio
  Matsui and Raj Raghuram on Wednesday, May 12, 1999 to explore further some
  IBIS and IMIC merger and linkage ideas and issues.  This will be discussed
  later in the meeting.

- IEC 93/67/NP IBIS and EMC Simulation
Bob Ross had no further report

- JC-16.2 Subcommittee: Modeling and Test
Bob Ross had no further report.

IBIS (EAST) USERS GROUP MEETINGS
Bob Haller reported that the IBIS Users Group meeting held on May 20, 1999 at
North East Systems Associates was well attended.  Since Minutes will be sent
out, Bob just briefly summarized the topics covered:

  IBIS Accuracy Specification
  Connector Modeling
  IBIS Training
  Holding Regular IBIS Users Group Face-to-Face Meetings

Bob Ross reported that Kathy Breda has reserved a room on Thursday, October
14, 1999 at the Marlborough Holiday Inn for the IBIS Summit Meeting that 
occurs at the same time as the PCB Conference East.  Bob Haller commented 
that the IBIS Accuracy Specification Group would like to have actual 
correlation examples of IBIS models at that meeting.

IBIS SUMMIT AT DESIGN AUTOMATION CONFERENCE
Bob Ross noted that EIA will have a booth in which an IBIS poster will be
displayed.  Alpert Designs, Inc. will use last year's IBIS poster but with an
updated theme for the new poster.

The IBIS Summit Meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 21, 1999 at the Hilton
Hotel, New Orleans Riverside (Chequers Room) in New Orleans, Louisiana.  The
hotel is adjacent to the Ernst M. Morial Convention Center where the Design
Automation Conference (DAC) is being held.  

Bob expects people to show up at 8:30 for refreshments.  The meeting should
start at 9:00 AM and last into the afternoon.  Lunch will be provided to the
participants.

The tentative Agenda includes:

Business & Discussions

 - Election of Officers for 1999-2000
 - Version 3.2 Response Issues
 - Open BIRDs Discussion
 - Version 4.X Features

Presentations

 - IBIS 98-99 Overview - Bob Ross, Mentor Graphics
 - Accuracy Specification Update - Bob Haller, Compaq
 - ECALS-2 and the EMI Problem - Atsushi Ito, Matsushita
 - Equation Based Modeling, Arpad Muranyi, Intel

Bob estimated that about 17 people have signed up so far.  Bob asked Matthew
Flora to send out another meeting announcement shortly.

[Note on sign-ups: Matthew Flora will handle the sign-ups for the meeting.
Some details are already on the Upcoming Events link on the EIA IBIS home
page.  Matthew can be contacted at [email-masked] or (425) 869-2320.]

AR - Bob Ross and Matthew Flora send out a second announcement for the EIA
IBIS Summit Meeting on June 21, 1999.

SP-4557 - IBIS VERSION 3.2 LETTER BALLOT
Bob Ross reminded everyone to VOTE.  A strong show of support is needed for 
this to be ratified.  The EIA letter ballot deadline is Wednesday, June 23,
1999.  Bob relayed a report from Cecilia Fleming that the ballot on IBIS
Version 3.2 has also been published in the appropriate ANSI document.  The
ANSI deadline is Tuesday, August 3, 1999.  As with IBIS Version 2.1, there
may be a brief period of time where IBIS Version 3.2 is an EIA standard
before becoming and ANSI/EIA standard.

The document being considered and also the form used for voting are accessed
from the EIA IBIS home page:

  http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm

The document is in Adobe format (ver3_2.pdf) and the ballot (SP-4557.pdf)
needs to be signed and returned by surface mail or faxed to EIA.  Editorial
corrections are welcome.

COOKBOOK STATUS
Stephen Peters had no report.

IBIS MODEL REVIEW COMMITTEE DISCUSSION
Matthew Flora indicated one request for information on the process.

S2IBIS2 MAINTENANCE AND S2IBIS3
Bob Ross started the discussion by indicating that this was a continuation of
the discussion at the May 7, 1999 meeting.  Bob noted that a s2ibis2 problem 
reported by Scott McMorrow and a solution were forwarded to an individual
who is interested in providing an upgrade.  This opened the door to a long
discussion on what to do about s2ibis2 maintenance and s2ibis3 generation.

Michael Cohen observed that the public domain s2ibis2 utility is widely used
as the "official" IBIS model generator.  However, he still sees defective 
models.

Syed Huq proposed that we consider hiring a contractor to fix s2ibis2 bugs
and do s2ibis3 development.

Ian Dodd noted the problem that in order to make s2ibis more portable (for
NT operating systems), he had to rewrite the LEX and YACC dependent portions.

Mike LaBonte suggested commercial vendor might make available the generic
code of their vendor specific s2ibis2 utility.  Ian and Matthew Flora noted
that users of the utility could provide financial support of the generic
utility development.

After some more discussion, Ian noted that we need to specify what we want.
Bob formed a committee to look into this consisting of Michael Cohen, Ian 
Dodd, Mike LaBonte and Syed Huq.  Bob agreed to provide them with the e-mail
addresses.  Furthermore Bob will schedule time at the IBIS Summit Meeting on
June 21, 1999 for a report since this group plans to attend.

The discussion continued.  Arpad Muranyi suggested that we might consider a
web-based s2ibis utility that does not depend on a locally distributed
s2ibis utility.  He cited some utilities offered on the Signal Integrity 
reflector as examples.  Michael Cohen cautioned that since s2ibis2 requires
flavors of SPICE, he would be restricted to using a commercial SPICE without
having dedicated local licenses.  He felt that the licensing restrictions 
would prevent many SPICEs from being used.  Chris Rokusek commented that a
public domain Berkeley Spice could be used.  However, many SPICE models come
with commercial SPICE vendor-specific syntax and process models. 

Bob commented that what is needed are the list of bugs to be fixed, the
flavors of SPICE to be supported, and the platforms and operating systems 
(e.g., UNIX and NT) to be supported.  Then potential contractors can provide
a bid on doing the s2ibis2 and s2ibis3 upgrades.  Currently five flavors are 
supported.  More may be needed plus a means to support semiconductor vendor 
proprietary SPICEs.  LEX and YACC code may need to be replaced with generated
code for portability.

BUG34 - NO ERROR REPORTED FOR MISSING V/I TABLE IN OUTPUT BUFFERS
Bob Ross noted that there is still no revised BUG34 proposal.  So the 
discussion was deferred.  Matthew Flora's AR is still open.

AR - Matthew Flora issue a revised BUG34 to document the conditions where
Warning messages are issued.

IMIC AND IBIS
Bob Ross reported on a meeting held on Wednesday, May 12, 1999 with Bob, 
Stephen Peters, Raj Raghuram and Norio Matsui and hosted by Applied 
Simulation Technology.  A number of topics discussed and Bob reported on some
of the discussion at that meeting:

The team reviewed the history of the activity and then asked what the IBIS
Committee and the EIAJ IMIC Committee would want.  For background, Bob noted
that IBIS Version 3.2 is going through formal national standards body
ratification processes.  Now is the time to think about future needs including
how to relate IBIS with the IMIC proposal. 

At the meeting Norio stressed that IMIC Committee does not want to see IBIS 
replaced.  The IMIC proposal was developed to provide models for not only 
Signal Integrity problems, but and also for Power Integrity and EMI problems.  
Bob noted that IBIS has some specification and information details such as 
input voltage thresholds, timing test loads, and Model_type that are used for
Signal Integrity applications.

Norio stated that EIAJ is looking for a merger solution of IBIS and IMIC.
Some IMIC members may be advocating a merger or combination of two standards, 
giving the semiconductor vendors a choice of formats.  Bob felt that this 
flexibility could provide too much of a burden on EDA vendors and customers.  
For just Signal Integrity applications, there was no proven benefit that one
approach was better than the other.  Bob noted some syntax/structural 
incompatibility details between IBIS and IMIC.  Allowing a mixture of 
information might result in incomplete information for the application.  Bob
commented that commercial/EDA vendors provide many IBIS models to deal with
user needs.

At the meeting the proposals were positioned as follows with respect to SPICE
and to levels of abstraction:

  IBIS -  Behavioral
  IMIC -  Behavioral and Structural
  SPICE - Structural

The higher level formats can be derived from the lower level formats.

Norio noted that IBIS has a fixed model that requires syntax changes for
enhancements.  IMIC supports a network description and is more flexible.

We explored in more detail what is really the preferred level of merger by
each group.  Norio indicated that he would like IBIS to support netlists.
Also he would like to see IBIS support table level transistor models.  Bob 
indicated that it would be useful if IMIC supported a complete IBIS Buffer 
[Model] syntax as a 5-7 terminal element (4 power rails, I/O, and possibly 
input and enable) in IMIC.

We looked at independent positioning with linkages.  This would allow each
standard to be optimized for its application and still leverage the data in
the other standard.  IBIS could call IMIC (or SPICE) transistor models and
netlists.  Netlists could be used for packages.

EIAJ is looking at consumer electronics, automobile microprocessors, ASICS,
and faster applications.  IMIC or IBIS could be used for system level
applications.  For automotive electronics, the location of the ground 
reference is becoming a fundamental issue, and EMI/EMC are big concerns.
We agreed that complex package modeling is very difficult with both the IMIC
and IBIS approaches.  A simplified approach may be useful. 

Norio noted that the IMIC Committee is monitoring an EIAJ EMI activity called 
ECALS-2.  Norio also mentioned that an IMIC Meeting will be held on June 1,
1999 to discuss the comments of this meeting.

Stephen Peters provided some additional observations about the meeting.  He 
felt that the IMIC format could provide a longer term EMI and Power Integrity 
solution.  IMIC was potentially superior in dealing with SSO analysis.  The 
network description was appealing for package modeling.  Stephen noted that a 
fundamental problem with IMIC format is that it needs a netlist level buffer
description to support the transistor level table SPICE approach.  Stephen
did not see how IMIC could replace IBIS unless some specific advantages were
demonstrated.

Bob noted that they discussed other topics including simulator performance and 
the IBIS Series Model element.

Bob concluded the report of the meeting and stated that we need specific
proposals and justification in order to proceed toward any of the merger
proposals above.

BUG34 - NO ERROR REPORTED FOR MISSING V/I TABLE IN OUTPUT BUFFERS
Bob Ross noted that since no revised BUG34 proposal was generated, the 
discussion was deferred.  Matthew Flora's AR is still open.

AR - Matthew Flora issue a revised BUG34 to document the conditions where
Warning messages are issued.

BIRD58.2 - DRIVER SCHEDULE KEYWORD CLARIFICATION
Arpad Muranyi commented on the history of BIRD58.2 starting with the original
intent of adding a critical paragraph that existed in the original BIRD35.3.
Based on subsequent feedback, more clarification detail was added to BIRD58.2
while retaining the original technical intent.

Bob Ross and others commented that BIRD58.2 clarified a number of points.
Bob called for any comments.  Bob suggested a minor editorial change to 
change the order of the detailed description of the delay columns to the
same order as the syntax: Rise_on_dly, Rise_off_dly, Fall_on_dly, and 
Fall_off_dly.  Also Bob suggested improving the wording of the clause in the
last sentence of four paragraphs (note OFF and ON are interchanged as
appropriate):

  (if they were not turned OFF and ON by another event yet, respectively).

After some discussion Matthew Flora suggested the correction:
  
  (if they were not already turned OFF and ON, respectively, by another 
  event).

With no further comments, Bob Ross called for a vote on BIRD58.2 with the
modifications above (to be issued as BIRD58.3).

BIRD58.2 as modified was approved by unanimous vote.

AR - Arpad Muranyi issue approved BIRD58.3 with the changes above. [Done]

The editorial changes of BIRD58.3 will be submitted as an editorial comment
and are expected to be part of the EIA and ANSI Version 3.2 document.

NUMBER OF POINTS IN VT TABLE
Bob Ross introduced the issue that IBIS has a 100 point limit on all tables.
This limit may not be adequate for certain circumstances and for automated
IBIS model generation.  Chris Rokusek stated he would support allowing more
points for better accuracy.  He thought that in most cases the points need
to be properly filtered in order to achieve good accuracy with 100 points or
less.  Mike LaBonte commented that he has seen high frequency effects that
change the simulation between filtered and unfiltered tables.  Bob Haller 
noted that an internal tool has a 1000 point limit in tables.  Michael Cohen 
has seen IBIS models with data points in tables commented out to comply with 
the 100 point restriction.

Arpad Muranyi elaborated on the issue.  The IBIS Specification is clear that
for VI tables, the 100 point limit applies to the voltage axis.  However for
VT tables, it is not clear whether the 100 point limit applies to the time
axis or to each of the voltage columns.  The historical rationale for the
100 point limitation was that some SPICE controlled source table formats were
limited to 100 table points.

Furthermore, Arpad indicated that the 100 point limit was not a problem for
the VI tables.  He has an algorithm to select the best 100 points out of a
larger number of extracted points.  The points at which the maximum table
curvature occurs is in the same region for VI tables.  However, VT tables
provide the biggest challenge for providing accurate data with 100 points. 
The typical, minimum, and maximum column waveforms tend to be shifted with 
respect to each other.  The points of maximum curvature where you want the
highest density of points tend to be in different regions of the time axis.  
Stephen Peters also noted that he has seen the areas of maximum curvature to 
be at different time regions.  So each table could be theoretically limited 
to having a different set of 33 time points spread out in different time 
regions.  This could provide a much courser resolution for each of the 
columns and could compromise the accuracy of the data.

In a SPICE implementation of IBIS comparison with the structural SPICE model
simulation, Arpad encountered a situation where more VT points were needed to
achieve acceptable accuracy.

The general agreement was that the 100 point limit should be relaxed.  Bob
Ross listed some options:

  Do nothing - keep the 100 point limit
  Allow the 100 point limit to be interpreted for each column
  Raise the 100 point limit to a higher number (say, 1000 points)
  Do not provide a limit.

The consensus was to provide a conservative limit such as 1000.  If no limit 
is provided, valid IBIS models might be created with an unnecessarily large
number of points.  This could create very large databases and slow down the
simulations.

The option of changing the limit to apply to each column appeared to be an
unnecessary complication in any model generation utility such as s2ibis2.
Arpad commented that he allows the option to fill in the NA data with 
numerical values.

Even though the 100 point limitation is in IBIS Version 3.2, the ibischk3
parser could be changed to issue a Warning message instead of an error
message since there are cases where the additional points are needed.

Bob Ross commented that a BIRD needs to be generated for IBIS Version 4.X
to increase the number of points.  1001 points would allow numerically nice
endpoints such as 0 and 10 ns with equally spaced points for easy automated
generation.  However, it should be recommended that more than 100 points 
should be used only in situations where it is necessary for accuracy.

Arpad commented that in any case, the IBIS Specification needs to be
clarified concerning whether the limit applies to the number of rows in
the table (X-axis) or to the number of numerical data values in each column
(Y-axis).

CONNECTOR PROPOSAL REVIEW
Matthew Flora reported that Gus Panella is working on a description of the
matrices in the Connector Model proposal.

SINGLE ENDED AND DIFFERENTIAL MODEL SELECTION (New Issue)
Arpad Muranyi raised the concern on the IBIS reflector that some devices
have outputs which can be used for differential or single ended operation.
Michael Cohen added that he uses a SCSI chip with these characteristics.
There is no provision within IBIS Version 3.2 to handle this in one
component.  The solution on the reflector was to provide two separate
component models.

Bob Ross indicated that this was the correct response.  We have discussed 
this issue in the past.  To resolve this within IBIS we might have to write
a BIRD on a differential model selector.

IBIS 4.X FEATURES
Bob Ross briefly mentioned some features requested for IBIS Version 4.X:

  Input Tables
  Removal of 100 Point Limit
  Differential Overshoots

  Possible SPICE/IMIC Linkages for Netlists and Models
  EMI Extensions
  Connector Models
  Accuracy Specification Extensions

Syed Huq added that differential loads should be considered.  Bob noted that
more discussion should occur at the IBIS Summit Meeting.

Final comment - Bob Haller would like to reserve some meeting time for the
IBIS Accuracy Specification Issues.  Bob suggested that the changes will be
introduced at the Summit.  Discussion can be scheduled at the next
teleconference meeting.

NEXT MEETING:
The next meeting is the EIA IBIS Open Forum Summit Meeting on Monday, June
21, 1999 in the Hilton Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.

==============================================================================
                                      NOTES

IBIS CHAIR: Bob Ross (503) 685-0732, Fax (503) 685-4897
            [email-masked]
            Modeling Engineer, Interconnectix BU of Mentor Graphics
            8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070

VICE CHAIR: Stephen Peters (503) 264-4108, Fax: (503) 264-4515
            [email-masked]
            Senior Hardware Engineer, Intel Corporation
            M/S JF1-56
            2111 NE 25th Ave. 
            Hillsboro, Oregon 97124-5961

SECRETARY:  Matthew Flora (425) 869-2320, Fax: (425) 881-1008
            [email-masked]
            Senior Engineer, HyperLynx, Inc.
            17641 NE 67th Court
            Redmond, WA 98052

LIBRARIAN:  Jon Powell (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
            [email-masked]
            Senior Scientist, Viewlogic Systems (formerly Quad Design)
            1385 Del Norte Rd., Camarillo, CA 93010
 
This meeting was conducted in accordance with the EIA Legal Guides and EIA
Manual of Organization and Procedure.

The following e-mail addresses are used:

  [email-masked]
      To join, change, or drop from either the IBIS Open Forum Reflector
      ([email-masked]), the IBIS Users' Group Reflector ([email-masked])
      or both.  State your request.

  [email-masked]
      To obtain general information about IBIS, to ask specific questions
      for individual response, and to inquire about joining the EIA-IBIS
      Open Forum as a full Member.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the general IBIS Open Forum Reflector.  This
      is used mostly for IBIS Standardization business and future IBIS
      technical enhancements.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the IBIS Users' Group Reflector.  This is 
      used mostly for IBIS clarification, current modeling issues, and
      general user concerns.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To report ibischk2/3 parser bugs.  The Bug Report Form Resides on
      eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bugform.txt along with reported bugs.

      To report s2ibis, s2ibis2 and s2iplt bugs, use the Bug Report Forms
      which reside under eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis/bugs2i.txt, 
      /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis2/bugs2i2.txt, & /pub/ibis/bugs/s2iplt/bugsplt.txt
      respectively.

Information on IBIS technical contents, IBIS participants, and actual
IBIS models are available on the IBIS Home page found by selecting the
Electronic Information Group under:

  http://www.eia.org

Check the pub/ibis directory on eda.org for more information on previous 
discussions and results.  You can get on via FTP anonymous.
==============================================================================