Subject: IBIS Open Forum Minutes 7 May 1999

From: Matthew Flora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:28:11 +0000

DATE: 5/11/99

SUBJECT: 5/07/99 EIA IBIS Open Forum Meeting Minutes

VOTING MEMBERS AND 1999 PARTICIPANTS LIST:
AMP                            (Martin Freedman) 
Applied Simulation Technology  Raj Raghuram*, Norio Matsui, Neven Orhanovic
Avanti                         Nikolai Bannov
Cadence Design                 Mike LaBonte*
Cisco Systems                  Syed Huq
Compaq                         Bob Haller*, Steve Coe, Shafir Rahman,
                               Maher Elasad
Cypress                        (Rajesh Manapat)
EMC Corporation                Fabrizio Zanella
Fairchild Semiconductor        [Peter LaFlamme], Craig Klem
H.A.S. Electronics             (Haruny Said)
Hewlett Packard (EEsof, etc.)  Paul Gregory, Henry Wu
High Design Technology         Razvan Ene
HyperLynx                      Matthew Flora*, Kellee Crisafulli
IBM                            Greg Edlund*, Michael Cohen, Praven Patel
Incases                        Olaf Rethmeier, Werner Rissiek, David Eagles,
                               Wilhelm Arnoldi, Ulrich Losch
Intel Corporation              Stephen Peters*, Arpad Muranyi*, Frank Kern,
                               Martin Chang, Dave Moxley, Kerry Nelson*, 
                               Jeff Day, Richard Mellitz, Peter Liou
LSI Logic (Symbios Logic)      Scott King
Mentor Graphics                Bob Ross*, Mohamed Mahmoud, Sherif Hammad,
                               Jean Oudinot, Markku Kukkanen, Martin Groeber,
                               Karine Loudet
Mitsubishi                     (Tam Cao)
Motorola                       (Ron Werner)
National Semiconductor         Milt Schwartz
North East Systems Associates  Edward Sayre, Michael Baxter, Kathy Breda
NEC                            (Hiroshi Matsumoto)
Philips Semiconductor          Todd Andersen, Peter Christiaans
Quantic EMC                    (Mike Ventham)
Siemens                        Bernhard Unger, Christian Mitschke, 
                               Manfred Maurer, Peter Kaiser, Wolfram Meyer,
                               Gerald Bannert, Harmut Ibowski, Katja Zuleeg,
                               Hans Pichlmaier, Eckhard Lenski, Kortheuer Udo,
                               Christian Sporrer
SiQual                         Scott McMorrow
Texas Instruments              Jean-Claude Perrin, Shankar Balasubramaniah,
                               Ramzi Ammar
Thomson-CSF                    (Jean Lebrun)
Time Domain Analysis Systems   Dima Smolyansky
Viewlogic                      Chris Rokusek*, Guy de Burgh, Cary Mandel,
                               (Jon Powell)
VeriBest                       Ian Dodd*
VLSI Technology                D.C. Sessions
Zuken-Redac                    (John Berrie) 

OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN 1999:
3Dfx Interactive               Ken Wu
Actel Corporation              Silvia Montoya
Alcatel                        Steven Criel
Analytical Edge                Robert Easson
Applied Microelectronics       Brian Sanderson
BMW                            Friedrich Haslinger
Bogatin Enterprise             Eric Bogatin
Bosch Telecom                  Detlef Wolf
ECI Telecom                    Daniel Adar
EIA                            [Patti Rusher], Cecilia Fleming*,
                               Dan Heinemeier 
Electronique                   Catherine Gross
EFM Consulting                 Ekkehard Miersch
Intracon Design                Mike Osmond
FCI                            John Ellis
Litton Systems                 Robert Bremer
Molex Incorporated             Gus Panella
Nortel Networks (& Viewlogic)  Martin Hall
Oce Printing Systems           Ernst Deiringer
Praegitzer Design              Rick Newell*
Rockwell Collins               Susan Tweeton, Ron Hau
Samsung                        Jung-Gun Byun, Cheol-Seung Choi
Signals & Systems Engineering  Tom Hawkins
STMicroelectronics             Fabrice Boissieres, Philippe LeFevre
StorageTek                     Nick Krull
Sun Microsystems               Victor Chang
Tektronix                      Tom Brinkoetter
Teradyne                       Mikhail Khusid
VDOL                           Robert Novosel
Xilinx                         Susan Wu
(Unaffiliatied, Retired)       Bruce Wenniger

In the list above, attendees at the meeting are indicated by *. Principal
members or other active members who have not attended are in parentheses.
Participants who no longer are in the organization are in square brackets.

Upcoming Meetings:  The bridge numbers for future IBIS teleconferences are as
follows:
  
  Date               Bridge Number     Reservation #    Passcode
  May 28, 1999       (916) 356-9200    8-12114          2274622
  Monday, June 21, 1999    DAC99 IBIS Summit Meeting -  No Phone Bridge

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  We try to have agendas out 
7 days before each Open Forum and meeting minutes out within 7 days after.  
When you call into the meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Will 
Hobbs and give the reservation number and passcode.

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-------------------------------- MINUTES -------------------------------------

INTRODUCTIONS AND MEETING QUORUM
Rick Newell of Praegitzer Design indicated that Praegitzer Design has started
up a small signal integrity group which uses many EDA tools.

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE AND TREASURER'S REPORT
Bob Ross reported that Siemens is now an official member.

Cecilia Fleming is still working on checking payments.  Bob now estimates
about 24 or 25 members including some where payments still need to be 
verified. 

REVIEW OF MINUTES AND AR'S
No corrections were made to the minutes.

The AR's will be discussed during the meeting.

MISCELLANY/ANNOUNCEMENTS
Bob noted that one reflector e-mail had the Happy99.exe virus as an attachment
that should not be opened.  A filter was set up on the author's e-mail
address, but Matthew Flora will check if the person has "disinfected" himself.

AR - Matthew to contact the "infected" subscriber to determine if the block on
     their address can be removed

Matthew Flora mentioned that the new member information currently being sent
out needs to be updated to give Cecilia Fleming as the EIA contact person.

AR - Matthew will work with Bob on updating the new member information
     writeup.

PRESS AND WEB PAGE UPDATES
Bob Ross reported that Jim Lipman has written the article "Models Make the
Difference in High-speed PC-board Design" in the April 15, 1999 issue of
EDN.  The article covers IBIS models and references simulator manufacturers.
It is on pages 116-126 and also available from the following link.

  http://www.ednmag.com/ednmag/reg/1999/041599/df1.htm

Also, the May 1999 issue of Printed Circuit Design Magazine contained articles
with two references to IBIS.  Jon Powell authored "SPICE or IBIS" on pages
12-17, and mention of IBIS was made in "Multi-board System-level Analysis" by
Doug Kraemer on pages 32-34.

Cecilia Fleming reported that Syed Huq can now do EIA IBIS Home page updates
directly.

NEW MODELS AVAILABLE, LIBRARY UPDATE
Bob Ross reported a new SRAM IBIS model link from Galvantech:

  http://www.galvantech.com/ibis/

Also, 4 new technologies are added to the Philips link:

  http://www.philipslogic.com/support/ibis/

OPENS FOR NEW ISSUES
Bob Ross on s2ibis2 maintenance and s2ibis3.

INTERNATIONAL/EXTERNAL PROGRESS

- IEC 62014-1 (IBIS Version 2.1) - Bob Ross reported that the Committee Draft
for Vote (CDV) phase was completed.  The official vote was 8 to 1 with 5
abstentions.  This information was reported on the IBIS reflector.  Greg
Ledenbach, Secretary of IEC TC93 and member of the US Technical Advisory Group
(TAG) forwarded the letter ballot comments.  Bob drafted and circulated the
comments and some proposed responses for review.  Cecilia stated that the
draft comments sent to her have already been forwarded to Greg.  After these
are processed, the IEC 62014-1 document should be moved to the next phase
(FDIS) leading to formal ratification of a Draft International Standard.

The voting report link (split into two lines to avoid e-mail truncation) is:

  http://www.iec.ch/cgi-bin/procgi.pl/www/
  iecwww.p?wwwlang=E&wwwprog=vote2.p&wcom=93&wclass=&wdoc=91&wsup=

Bob also discussed the comments and draft responses and is including the text
in these Minutes:

  NO VOTE COMMENTS:
 
  GERMANY:

    Comment 1:
    The document for commenting concerns version 2.1 of IBIS .  The
    industry is already working with the EIA document IBIS Version 3.0 and
    is looking forward to version 3.1 which is already in progress as they
    are most interested in ongoing extensions and improvements.  Industry
    confirmed that their needs are sufficiently served by the latest EIA
    standard and that they do not plan to use the older versions of IBIS
    published by IEC.  We think that therefore the effort in this IEC 
    project has no added value for the users.  The project, if proceeded,
    should be based on the latest IBIS Version.

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 1:
    We thank you for your early support of our current IBIS Version 3.2
    extensions.  A national letter ballot for IBIS Version 3.2 is currently
    being conducted for EIA and ANSI approval.  Upon completion of this vote,
    scheduled on June 23, 1999, and after the comments have been resolved, and
    after this document has been ratified as an official ANSI and EIA
    standard, we plan to forward this document as a proposed revision to
    IEC 62014-1.

    Downward compatibility with IBIS Version 2.1 will be maintained.  IBIS
    Version 2.1 still remains sufficient for many components and will remain
    relevant by Version 3.2.

    We hope to forward IBIS Version 3.2 in 1999.  Therefore, we feel that
    we agree with this comment and are using the "proposed revision" method
    to achieve the same objective.

  YES VOTE COMMENTS:

  FINLAND:

    Comment 1:
    We regard it very important that the structure of all IEC-standards
    produced by TC 93 are in accordance of ISO/IEC Directives Part 3.

    Proposed Change Regarding Comment 1:
    Move cl. 2 Introduction and cl 2.1 Future direction of IBIS away 
    from the normative part before cl 1 Scope without clause numbering.
    The present Preface could be presented in the Annex (informative).

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 1:
    We assume that the document that was circulated was the official
    ANSI/EIA-656 document with sections consisted with EIA guidelines at the
    time of the adoption.

    We will make any necessary format change to be consistent with ISO/IEC
    Directives.

    Comment 2:
    EDA Home page has following information:  While IBIS Version 2.1 remains
    the official ANSI/EIA and pending IEC standard, IBIS Version 3.2,
    containing some technical extensions, has been ratified on January 15,
    1999 by the EIA/IBIS Open Forum.  This document should be submitted for
    national and international standardization consideration.

    Proposed Change Regarding Comment 2:
    If this will happen we propose to discuss if Version 2.1 can already now
    be replaced with Version 3.2

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 2:
    We agree with this comment.

    Upon completion of a letter ballot that will end on June 23, 1999, we plan
    to resolve the comments leading to the ratification of IBIS Version 3.2
    as a national ANSI and EIA standard.  Then we plan to forward this
    official document as an upgrade to IEC 62014-1.

    Comment 3:
    Definition BIRD is not then used in Normative part.

    Proposed Change Regarding Comment 3:
    Explain BIRD in the Introduction.
  
    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 3:
    We agree with your comment.  BIRD should be defined in the Introduction
    as Buffer Issue Resolution Document - a document used by the EIA IBIS
    Open Forum to implement changes to the Specification.

    Comment 4:
    According to ISO/IEC Directives Part 3 the numbering of the content shall
    be used for the reference purposes

    Proposed Change Regarding Comment 4:
    Clause: I/O Buffer Information Specification (IBIS) Version 2.1 should
    be numbered with number 6.

    Present Numbering also for the headings of sub-clauses e.g.:
      6.1 Statement of Intent
      6.2 General syntax rules and guidelines for ASCII Files,
      6.3 Keywords
      6.4 Notes on Data derivation method

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 4:
    We agree with your comment concerning Section 6.  However, we do not 
    intend to revise this document with sub-clauses because we would need to 
    introduce more sub-clauses.

    We will consider this comment as a review comment on IBIS Version 3.2
    which has "sub-clauses" (called Sections) for clarity and will resolve it
    in this document.

  SPAIN: 

    Comment 1:
    We agree to the circulation of the draft as an FDIS in accordance with 
    2.7.1 of part 1 of the ISO/IEC Directives (or publication in the case of
    a draft Technical Report).

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 1:
    We agree with your comment.  Thank you for your support.

  UNITED STATES:

    Comment 1:
    The table and figures of the document that was circulated as 93/91/CDV
    have been apparently generated with a variable width font, and they do
    not appear to be well-aligned.

    The USNC assumes that the final document will be printed using a uniform
    width font, and that the alignment of tables and figures will be checked
    again.

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 1:
    We agree with this comment.

    We believe that the official ANSI/EIA-656 needs to be checked and
    reformatted.

  UNITED KINGDOM

    Comment 1:
    The formatting of the document is inconsistent.

    Proposed Change Regarding Comment 1:
    Courier font throughout the document is suggested.

    EIA IBIS Open Forum Response to Comment 1:
    We agree with this comment.  We will provide a consistently formatted
    .txt document.

Bob noted that the negative vote and the comment from Finland regarding IBIS
Version 3.X was really an endorsement of the IBIS activity and related to
the ratification process.  He believed the other comments on content and
format probably concerned the surrounding "boiler-plate" material that exists
in the official ANSI/EIA-656 document available from Global Engineering.
There are some real formatting issues since it is a Word document with the
IBIS text included in one section.  Some line wrap-around text exists.  Bob
and Cecilia will deal with these formatting issues off-line to clean up the
document as needed to be in compliance with the IEC requirements.

Bob called for an endorsement vote that these comments be the official
comments of the EIA IBIS Open Forum.

This was approved by unanimous vote.

Cecilia expressed concern that the IBIS Committee should have direct TAG
representation to deal with any technical issues and to argue the IBIS
Committee positions.  Bob noted that there were no technical comments.  All
of the comments dealt with process and format issues and indicated support of
IBIS.  While he supports having TAG representation, Bob does not expect any
problems at the TAG level. 

- pr EIAJ ED-5302 Standard for I/O Interface Model for Integrated Circuits
  (IMIC) - Bob Ross reported that he and Stephen Peters are planning to meet
  with Dr. Norio Matsui and Raj Raghuram next week on Wednesday, May 12, 1999 
  to explore further some IBIS and IMIC merger and linkage ideas and issues.

- IEC 93/67/NP IBIS and EMC Simulation - Bob Ross had no further report

- JC-16.2 Subcommittee: Modeling and Test - Bob Ross had no further report.

IBIS (EAST) USERS GROUP MEETINGS
Greg Edlund reported that a teleconference meeting was held on April 30, 1999.
A number of issues were resolved on Version 1.2 of the IBIS Accuracy
Specification.  Greg has made the changes and is exploring uploading both a
Word and Adobe Acrobat document so that comments can be made available for
the next face-to-face Users group Meeting

Bob Haller reported that a Users group Meeting is being planned at North East
Systems Associates (NESA) on Thursday, May 13, 1999 at 3:00 P.M. to chart the
course of the Users Group.  They may consider having a phone in line.

IBIS SUMMIT AT DESIGN AUTOMATION CONFERENCE
Bob Ross noted that Cecilia Fleming has made arrangements for the IBIS Summit
meeting at the Hilton Hotel in New Orleans, LA on Monday, June 21, 1999. This
is adjacent to the Ernst M. Morial Convention Center where the Design
Automation Conference (DAC) is being held.  Cecilia stated that hotel space
is limited, so make reservations as soon as possible.  Bob stated that the 
Upcoming Events link on the EIA IBIS home page has a DAC99 link which would
also have housing and hotel information.

At the IBIS Summit, we will conduct our annual election of officers.  People 
interested in holding an office are invited to contact Bob or other officers.  
Bob also anticipated that we may also devote some meeting time to discussing
some letter ballot comments that have been received to date.  Also several
people are planning presentations.  So we will invite discussion on any of
our current topics including Accuracy Specification, Connector Specification,
IMIC and new features, etc.

Bob noted that Matthew Flora will handle the sign-ups for the meeting.  Some
details are already on the Upcoming Events link on the EIA IBIS home page.
Matthew can be contacted at [email-masked] or (425) 869-2320.  Bob and
Matthew will send out an announcement regarding the meeting.

AR - Bob Ross and Matthew Flora send out an announcement for the EIA IBIS 
Summit Meeting on June 21, 1999.

SP-4557 - IBIS VERSION 3.2 LETTER BALLOT
Bob Ross reported that IBIS Version 3.2 is now open for public review and
company voting for EIA and ANSI ratification.  The links to the ballot form 
and to the document being reviewed are on the top level of the EIA IBIS 
home page:

  http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm

The project is noted as Standards Proposal 4557 (SP-4557).  We are using the
ver3_2.pdf document with page numbers and a table of contents for keywords
that Arpad Muranyi produced.

The ballot document SP-4557.pdf is to be mailed or FAXed back to EIA.  Bob
asked Cecilia Fleming to forward any comments received so that the EIA IBIS
Open Forum can deal with them as soon as possible.  Editorial comments are
welcome, and Bob will be maintaining a revision document with corrections.
Cecilia stated that she encourages a large turnout.  Matthew Flora and Arpad
mentioned that they had some editorial comments.

Cecilia stated that she sent the ballot for notification and publication in
an official ANSI newsletter for comments.  The letter ballot deadline is
June 23, 1999, but the ANSI deadline may be later.  Cecilia will check on this
and report to Bob.  So the closing date for responses will be after the 
June 21, 1999 IBIS Summit Meeting.  

Bob noted that the voting information was sent to the IBIS reflectors, the SI
reflector, JEDEC and to some other interested parties.

Stephen Peters asked, and Bob confirmed that the official vote is by company.
Bob also noted that the BIRD58.1 changes are expected to be submitted as a 
letter ballot editorial comment.

IBIS TRAINING COURSE
Bob Ross stated that Arpad Muranyi is making available his "Introduction to 
IBIS Models and IBIS Model Making" class Power Point slides to the IBIS Open 
Forum for downloading.  This class was given in Phoenix Arizona as part of an 
Arizona State University short course.  

Bob Haller stated that the IBIS Users Group would be very interested in this
material.  Bob Ross stated that this course could be used to seed future
IBIS education development.

Arpad noted that he has Lab exercises, but upon questioning, noted that they
require the internal IBIS Center tool.  So the Lab exercises will not be 
uploaded.

Arpad will send Bob a letter giving the EIA IBIS Open Forum permission to
make public the course material [Done].  Bob noted that he will work with
Syed Huq on providing a link to the material from the EIA IBIS Home page.

AR - Bob Ross upload the IBIS Class slides provided by Arpad Muranyi to 
http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/training/ [Done]

COOKBOOK STATUS
Stephen Peters commented that the timing and Vmeas clarification he recently
sent to the IBIS reflector is added to his internal version of the IBIS 
Cookbook where he is collecting updates.

IBIS MODEL REVIEW COMMITTEE DISCUSSION
Matthew Flora distributed a model from Galileo Technology.

S2IBIS2 MAINTENANCE AND S2IBIS3 (New Topic)
Bob Ross initiated the discussion by noting that Scott McMorrow found a 
s2ibis2 source code bug and provided a correction.  Also, Syed Huq had asked 
about work on s2ibis3 and some individuals in the IBIS Users Group commented 
on this.  Bob stated that we have no formal mechanism to maintain s2ibis2 
(and fix its defects) and we do not have an s2ibis3 project.  He asked for
ideas on how to proceed.

Arpad Muranyi noted that currently s2ibis2 is offered as freeware.  It could
be sold.  Bob added that he feels the best support comes from commercial
offerings.  Ian Dodd supported this position.  Bob also mentioned that the 
s2ibis development was a funded project.  We could consider how to fund
s2ibis3 development (and s2ibis2 maintenance). 

Raj Raghuram was concerned that some vendors now provide commercial s2ibis
translators which include some IBIS Version 3.X features.  He felt that an
IBIS Open Forum project may be in conflict with commercial offerings.

Bob felt that the IBIS Open Forum should be permitted to maintain the existing
s2ibis2 utility - and should deal with its problems, and the s2ibis3 would be
a logical extension of this effort.  The original idea of s2ibis was to 
provided a useful utility and also to seed the development of improved,
commercial and Spice-specific versions.  So continuing to do fixes and
upgrades would continue to help everyone.

Mike LaBonte noted that s2ibis2 is currently the most widely used utility to
do SPICE to IBIS translation.  He also asked if the IBIS page could list all
of the vendors that supply s2ibis conversion.  Bob noted that several links 
already exist to various free s2ibis conversion utilities.  Per our policy,
we do not provide direct links to commercial products.  However, commercial 
offerings related to IBIS could be noted in a company's Roster entry or in
a link on an EIA IBIS Open Forum members Poster link.

Bob noted that s2ibis3 many not require an extensive list of enhancements
because some of the features of IBIS Version 3.2 are formed by construction
of parts of a model.  Some extensions would be adding some subparameters
that do not impact simulation and to perhaps deal with the [Series MOSFET]
and [Series Current] models.  Bob plans to continue this discussion at the 
next meeting. 

BUG34 - NO ERROR REPORTED FOR MISSING V/I TABLE IN OUTPUT BUFFERS
Bob Ross noted that since no revised BUG34 proposal was generated, the 
discussion was deferred.  Matthew Flora's AR is still open.

AR - Matthew Flora issue a revised BUG34 to document the conditions where
Warning messages are issued.

IMIC AND IBIS
As previously indicated, Bob Ross indicated that we will have more information
after the meeting scheduled on May 12, 1999.  We will discuss details on
Merge, Linkage, and Independent standards options.  Anyone who is interested
is invited to attend.

Matthew Flora asked for information concerning the history of the IMIC.  Bob
indicated that we have been aware of IMIC activities since about 1997, and
several presentations (some of which are uploaded) have been given at IBIS
Summit meetings that are documented in old IBIS minutes.  Also the IMIC link
(available through the EIA IBIS Home page) also points to some minutes
documents.

Bob indicated that the IMIC standard is being positioned to deal with power
integrity and EMI problems to utilize the additional internal structural
details.  Raj Raghuram stated that the group is also working with an
"ECALS" group on EMI issues.

BIRD58.1 - DRIVER SCHEDULE KEYWORD CLARIFICATION
Arpad Muranyi indicated that BIRD58 was issued to add a paragraph that was
unintentionally omitted.  As a result of some e-mail questions and the
discussion at previous IBIS teleconference meetings, Arpad issued BIRD58.1
with some additions and rewording for the purposes of clarifying the original
intent and not to introduce technical changes.  Comments are welcome.

Matthew Flora had a few editorial comments which he will provide to Arpad
directly.  

Matthew questioned one clarification change regarding whether the power rails
for [Voltage Range], [Pullup Reference], etc. are local to the scheduled
model.  After some discussion, Bob Ross indicated that that was the original 
intent and believes ibischk3 conducts the waveform voltage Warning check 
based on using the local power rails of the scheduled models.  Matthew stated
that he will check this.

In paragraph 7, Matthew was confused about the time reference.  After some
discussion, we agreed to add the words "of the internal simulator pulse"
because this wording is also used later in BIRD58.1.  Matthew asked if this 
internal simulator pulse concept posed a restriction on some simulators.  
Arpad argued that the idea was consistent with the way simulators use the
normal IBIS driver models.  Bob Ross added that the simulator pulse widths and 
polarity could be adjusted so that only the internal simulator rising sequence 
or falling sequence is processed - if that were of concern in some simulators.

Finally, Matthew asked whether the [Driver Schedule] methodology might create
simulation discontinuities at the entered delay times.  Arpad clarified that 
there should not be  discontinuities since each of the scheduled drivers will 
have a [Ramp] or [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform] to control the 
transition shape of the scheduled model operation.  The scheduled time delay 
merely indicates the start of these transitions in a manner similar to how
the regular driver [Model] operates.

Arpad will collect the comments and issue BIRD58.2.  Bob indicated that he
will schedule a vote on BIRD58.2 at the next meeting.  Also, BIRD58.2 will be
referenced as a formal editorial comment to the Version 3.2 letter ballot.

AR - Arpad Muranyi collect inputs and issue BIRD58.2.

CONNECTOR PROPOSAL REVIEW
(No Discussion)

NEXT MEETING:
The next teleconference meeting will be on Friday, May 28, 1999 from 8:00 AM
to 10:00 AM.  A vote on BIRD58.2 is scheduled.
==============================================================================
                                      NOTES

IBIS CHAIR: Bob Ross (503) 685-0732, Fax (503) 685-4897
            [email-masked]
            Modeling Engineer, Interconnectix BU of Mentor Graphics
            8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070

VICE CHAIR: Stephen Peters (503) 264-4108, Fax: (503) 264-4515
            [email-masked]
            Senior Hardware Engineer, Intel Corporation
            M/S JF1-56
            2111 NE 25th Ave. 
            Hillsboro, Oregon 97124-5961

SECRETARY:  Matthew Flora (425) 869-2320, Fax: (425) 881-1008
            [email-masked]
            Senior Engineer, HyperLynx, Inc.
            17641 NE 67th Court
            Redmond, WA 98052

LIBRARIAN:  Jon Powell (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
            [email-masked]
            Senior Scientist, Viewlogic Systems (formerly Quad Design)
            1385 Del Norte Rd., Camarillo, CA 93010
 
This meeting was conducted in accordance with the EIA Legal Guides and EIA
Manual of Organization and Procedure.

The following e-mail addresses are used:

  [email-masked]
      To join, change, or drop from either the IBIS Open Forum Reflector
      ([email-masked]), the IBIS Users' Group Reflector ([email-masked])
      or both.  State your request.

  [email-masked]
      To obtain general information about IBIS, to ask specific questions
      for individual response, and to inquire about joining the EIA-IBIS
      Open Forum as a full Member.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the general IBIS Open Forum Reflector.  This
      is used mostly for IBIS Standardization business and future IBIS
      technical enhancements.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the IBIS Users' Group Reflector.  This is 
      used mostly for IBIS clarification, current modeling issues, and
      general user concerns.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To report ibischk2/3 parser bugs.  The Bug Report Form Resides on
      eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bugform.txt along with reported bugs.

      To report s2ibis, s2ibis2 and s2iplt bugs, use the Bug Report Forms
      which reside under eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis/bugs2i.txt, 
      /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis2/bugs2i2.txt, & /pub/ibis/bugs/s2iplt/bugsplt.txt
      respectively.

Information on IBIS technical contents, IBIS participants, and actual
IBIS models are available on the IBIS Home page found by selecting the
Electronic Information Group under:

  http://www.eia.org

Check the pub/ibis directory on eda.org for more information on previous 
discussions and results.  You can get on via FTP anonymous.
==============================================================================