Subject: Re: Dual drive modeling

From: "Chris Rokusek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:18:24 -0800

Fabrizio,

If the stronger driver turns off based on a timing delay (rather than
voltage feedback) then a multi-stage driver using [Driver Schedule] can be
used which is simply multiple drivers in parallel, each driver having
distinct timing characteristics.

The only keyword supporting any voltage feedback is Bus_hold.  To my
knowledge this construct was not really designed with a multi-stage driver
application in mind.

Chris Rokusek
Viewlogic Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: fabrizio zanella <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, April 02, 1999 8:03 AM
Subject: Dual drive modeling

>I was speaking to a semiconductor company yesterday which makes a new
logic,
> AVC, which has dynamic output control (or dual drive).  Strong drive is
>provided for 3/4 of the swing, then the output impedance is dynamically
>lowered during signal transition, which eliminates overshoot, undershoot.
>Does anyone know whether this type of driver can be modeled in IBIS v3.2?
>
>thanks and regards,
>
>Fabrizio Zanella
>EMC, Hardware Engineering
>[email-masked]
>508-435-2075, x4645
>
>