Subject: ibis-users V1 #31
From: owner-ibis-users@ (ibis-users)
To: [email-masked]

ibis-users         Tuesday, September 30 2003         Volume 01 : Number 031

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:29:25 -0700
From: "Angulo, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] load capacitor 

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C36CC9.24B6195A
Content-Type: text/plain

Erik,
 
The reasons for a difference in LVDS results fall into two general categories.  First, because IBIS was not originally intended for LVDS technology (LVDS wasn't yet in general use), IBIS models of LVDS devices usually are accurate only for the specific load used in model extraction.  Second, there are several ways in which simulations in the two tools may be set up differently.  The Hyperlynx simulation may include some parasitic characteristics for the capacitor leads.  Or, there could be a difference in the device package modeling between the two tools.  Or, a difference in the simulator time step settings may influence the effects of parasitics.  The only way to validate the IBIS model and have confidence in the simulation is to see the model, the exact load, and to run a set of test simulations.  Customer support will contact you offline to do this.
 
Best regards,
John Angulo 
Hyperlynx Products 
Mentor Graphics Corp. 
[email-masked] 
425-869-2320 

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 11:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] load capacitor 

Hello IBIS users, 

I have made a model of a differential LVDS output buffer. When I simulate my IBIS model with a 100 Ohm load resistor, differentially connected, the results are very close to my circuit simulations with Spectre. The V-T curves and I-V match very well, I do not get any warnings from the IBIS parser. When  I connect 2pF load capacitors between the outputs and ground the differnce with the Spectre simulation becomes very big. The output signals in Spectre look very well and smooth. THe edges are less steep and look perfect. When I simulate the IBIS model I see significant ringing. The falling edge drop till 2/3 of the amplitude and then there is horizontal step (looks a bit like an overshoot or ringing) and then it continues falling again. The relative maximum error (calculated with Ack) is about 30% with respect to the amplitude. 
How can this big difference be explained? What can I do to improve my model, if possible? 
I don't know if it is relevant but I did my IBIS simulation with Hyperlynx. 

With kind regards, 
Erik. 

Ir. Erik van der Ven
Room DB1032
Business Line Networking Infrastructure
Philips Semiconductors BV
Gerstweg 2
6534 AE Nijmegen
The Netherlands
Phone: +31-24-3534334

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C36CC9.24B6195A
Content-Type: text/html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=682335716-27082003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2>Erik,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=682335716-27082003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=682335716-27082003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>The 
reasons for a difference in LVDS results fall into two general categories.&nbsp; 
First, because IBIS was not originally intended for LVDS technology (LVDS wasn't 
yet&nbsp;in general&nbsp;use), IBIS models of LVDS devices usually are accurate 
only for&nbsp;the specific load used in model extraction.&nbsp; 
Second,&nbsp;there are several ways in which&nbsp;simulations in the two tools 
may be set up differently.&nbsp; The Hyperlynx simulation may include some 
parasitic characteristics for the capacitor leads.&nbsp; Or, there could be a 
difference in the device package modeling between the two tools.&nbsp; 
Or,&nbsp;a difference in the simulator time step settings may influence the 
effects of parasitics.&nbsp;&nbsp;The only way to validate the IBIS model and 
have confidence in the simulation is to&nbsp;see the model, the 
exact&nbsp;load,&nbsp;and to run a set of test simulations.&nbsp;&nbsp;Customer 
support will contact you offline to do this.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=682335716-27082003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=682335716-27082003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Best 
regards,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=682335716-27082003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>John Angulo</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial 
size=2>Hyperlynx Products</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mentor Graphics 
Corp.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>[email-masked]</FONT> <BR><FONT 
face=Arial size=2>425-869-2320</FONT> </P></FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> [email-masked] 
  [mailto:[email-masked]]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, August 26, 2003 
  11:48 PM<BR><B>To:</B> [email-masked]<BR><B>Subject:</B> [IBIS-Users] load 
  capacitor <BR><BR></FONT></DIV><BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2>Hello IBIS 
  users,</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2>I have made a model of a 
  differential LVDS output buffer. When I simulate my IBIS model with a 100 Ohm 
  load resistor, differentially connected, the results are very close to my 
  circuit simulations with Spectre. The V-T curves and I-V match very well, I do 
  not get any warnings from the IBIS parser. When &nbsp;I connect 2pF load 
  capacitors between the outputs and ground the differnce with the Spectre 
  simulation becomes very big. The output signals in Spectre look very well and 
  smooth. THe edges are less steep and look perfect. When I simulate the IBIS 
  model I see significant ringing. The falling edge drop till 2/3 of the 
  amplitude and then there is horizontal step (looks a bit like an overshoot or 
  ringing) and then it continues falling again. The relative maximum error 
  (calculated with Ack) is about 30% with respect to the amplitude.</FONT> 
  <BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2>How can this big difference be explained? 
  What can I do to improve my model, if possible? </FONT><BR><FONT 
  face=sans-serif size=2>I don't know if it is relevant but I did my IBIS 
  simulation with Hyperlynx.</FONT> <BR><BR><BR><FONT face=sans-serif 
  size=2>With kind regards,</FONT> <BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2>Erik.</FONT> 
  <BR><BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2><BR>Ir. Erik van der Ven<BR>Room 
  DB1032<BR>Business Line Networking Infrastructure<BR>Philips Semiconductors 
  BV<BR>Gerstweg 2<BR>6534 AE Nijmegen<BR>The Netherlands<BR>Phone: 
  +31-24-3534334</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C36CC9.24B6195A--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:46:50 -0400
From: "Lynne Green" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Reminder on Posting

Just a reminder to us all...

This reflector is not intended for posting of Commercial information,
such as product features or comparisons of EDA tools.

For tool-specific issues, please contact the respective vendors
directly.  All EDA companies are happy to provide Customer Support for
their tools.

Lynne Green
Vice Chair, IBIS Open Forum
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.

PS: Thanks, John, for your helpful reply on the LVDS posting.  :-)
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:13:39 -0400
From: "Lynne Green" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Second Call for Papers, PCB East IBIS Summit

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          IBIS SUMMIT
                     SECOND CALL FOR
               PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Tuesday, October 21, 2003,  9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location:   North East Systems Associates
            5 Lan Drive
            Westford, MA 01886

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
            Ideas.

Sponsors:   If your company would be interested in sponsoring this
            event, please contact Lynne Green <[email-masked]>.
            Sponsorship is available for the lunch and coffee breaks.
            Benefits to sponsors include formal recognition at the
            meeting and mention in the Calls for Papers and meeting
            minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
            thanks for your support.

PCB Design Conference East
            October 20 - 24, 2003
            Holiday Inn Boxborough 
            242 Adams Place 
            Boxborough, MA 01719 
            
            See <http://www.pcbeast.com/> for more information.

BACKGROUND

PCB East is the premier East Coast event dedicated exclusively
to PCB design and engineering professionals.  Topics of current
interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at PCB East.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an
electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued.
Any pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced at least
two weeks prior to the meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
and digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit
meeting. If you plan to participate, please register with the
information below:

   Name:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:
   Attending in Person?  Or by Phone?

Send to:
    Kathy Breda ([email-masked]).

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences
of interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these
have included demonstrations of modeling techniques, explanations
of behavioral algorithms and descriptions of difficulties
encountered in specific applications.  Of particular interest are
topics related to model correlation, modeling building experiences
and comparisons to other modeling methods.  Presentations may be
addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience, from beginning
to advanced.

Format of Presentation:  LCD Projection with Windows laptop.
Time:          15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival: We request electronic versions so that the
               presentations can be archived and also made
               available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
               the past have been text, Power Point, Word,
               Postscript, and Acrobat.  Electronic 
               presentations should be made available by
               October 14, 2003 for uploading and copying to
               the presentation laptop.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

   Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

   Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Lynne Green ([email-masked])

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and
a luncheon (which will be provided).  This will be developed
as presentation proposals are received.

The following individuals have signed up to present at the
summit (presentation titles are tentative).
* IBIS Chair's Report, Michael Mirmak (Intel Corp)
* IBIS Quality Update, Barry Katz/Bob Haller (SiSoft)
* ICM 1.0 Update, Michael Mirmak (Intel Corp)

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

See <http://www.pcbeast.com/travel_info/> for travel directions,
hotels and other information.
- -----------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:42:15 -0700
From: "Eric Hsu" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Question about diode model

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37335.CA3C5CE8
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Stephen Peters and IBIS expert,

To obtain the accurate ibis model for output buffer, I'd like to know =
how can I separate junction and bulk resistance for output driver and =
parasitic diode.=20
Stephen, when studying your the article, which is "IBIS FORUM I/O BUFFER =
MODELING COOKBOOK"-- Sep. 24,1997, I found on page 10, you ever =
mentioned that model creator may need to include junction and bulk =
resistance for driver and diode separately. If place non-silicide =
blocking layer to increase drain resistance, I wonder how people can =
separate them from parasitic diode. Because this parasitic resistance is =
really high, and it suppose only affect surface conduction current path, =
but not vertical path through bulk.=20
Right now, there is only one way I have is insert those parasitic =
resistance only at source end, which mean, for driver portion, moving =
drain resistance to source end.  Also, inserting all the bulk resistance =
between P-end of ground clamping diode to GND connection, and N-end of =
power clamping diode to PWR connection. Of course, it is not perfect =
idea, because it could cause some different voltage drop from pad to =
drain and source end.
Any better idea? Or anything wrong from above statement?

Best Regards,

Eric Hsu
Interface Technologies
NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
450 National Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
650-961-6676 x198
This e-mail contains NetLogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential =
information

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37335.CA3C5CE8
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef;
	name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37335.CA3C5CE8--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:09:11 -0400
From: "Lynne Green" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] RE: Question about diode model

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37339.8D64B2BA
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello, Eric,

There is a bulk resistance parameter (RS or equivalent) in the diode
model (with a default value of zero Ohms).  This describes the fixed
(bulk) resistance through the junction.  Some diode models have
additional parameters to describe the perimeter and surface resistances.
Depending on your diode layout, the current could be dominated by
perimeter currents rather than junction currents.  (Note: if you prefer
to model this with an external resistor for each clamp, this resistor
could be placed on either side of the clamp diode, since this would be a
series connection.)

Similarly, there are usually two parameters in the MOSFET model to
describe the effective source and drain resistances.  External resistors
could be used instead.

Moving the drain resistance to the source end is _not_ recommended,
since this changes the effective Vgs seen by the device, which in turn
changes the drive current.

If any resistance is strongly dependent on bias (i.e. the depletion
layer is a significant fraction of the distance from the junction to the
contact), then you would want to look more closely at the
equations/parameters implemented by your particular SPICE flavor.  For
example, early Berkeley MOSFET and diode models did not support
bias-dependent bulk resistance.

Best regards,
Lynne

>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	Eric Hsu [mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf Of
> Eric Hsu
> Sent:	Thursday, September 04, 2003 3:42 PM
> To:	Ibis-Users (E-mail); Stephen Peters (E-mail)
> Cc:	Frank Dunlap
> Subject:	Question about diode model
>=20
> Hi Stephen Peters and IBIS expert,
>=20
> To obtain the accurate ibis model for output buffer, I'd like to know
> how can I separate junction and bulk resistance for output driver and
> parasitic diode.=20
> Stephen, when studying your the article, which is "IBIS FORUM I/O
> BUFFER MODELING COOKBOOK"-- Sep. 24,1997, I found on page 10, you ever
> mentioned that model creator may need to include junction and bulk
> resistance for driver and diode separately. If place non-silicide
> blocking layer to increase drain resistance, I wonder how people can
> separate them from parasitic diode. Because this parasitic resistance
> is really high, and it suppose only affect surface conduction current
> path, but not vertical path through bulk.=20
> Right now, there is only one way I have is insert those parasitic
> resistance only at source end, which mean, for driver portion, moving
> drain resistance to source end.  Also, inserting all the bulk
> resistance between P-end of ground clamping diode to GND connection,
> and N-end of power clamping diode to PWR connection. Of course, it is
> not perfect idea, because it could cause some different voltage drop
> from pad to drain and source end.
> Any better idea? Or anything wrong from above statement?
>=20
> Best Regards,
>=20
> Eric Hsu
> Interface Technologies
> NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
> 450 National Ave.
> Mountain View, CA 94043
> 650-961-6676 x198
> This e-mail contains NetLogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential
> information
>=20
>=20

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37339.8D64B2BA
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.0.6249.1">
<TITLE>RE: Question about diode model</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello, Eric,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">There is a bulk =
resistance parameter (RS or equivalent) in the diode model (with a =
default value of zero Ohms).&nbsp; This describes the fixed (bulk) =
resistance through the junction.&nbsp; Some diode models have additional =
parameters to describe the perimeter and surface resistances.&nbsp; =
Depending on your diode layout, the current could be dominated by =
perimeter currents rather than junction currents.&nbsp; (Note: if you =
prefer to model this with an external resistor for each clamp, this =
resistor could be placed on either side of the clamp diode, since this =
would be a series connection.)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Similarly, there are =
usually two parameters in the MOSFET model to describe the effective =
source and drain resistances.&nbsp; External resistors could be used =
instead.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Moving the drain =
resistance to the source end is _not_ recommended, since this changes =
the effective Vgs seen by the device, which in turn changes the drive =
current.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If any resistance is =
strongly dependent on bias (i.e. the depletion layer is a significant =
fraction of the distance from the junction to the contact), then you =
would want to look more closely at the equations/parameters implemented =
by your particular SPICE flavor.&nbsp; For example, early Berkeley =
MOSFET and diode models did not support bias-dependent bulk =
resistance.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Best regards,</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Lynne</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">-----Original Message-----</FONT>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">From: &nbsp;</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Eric Hsu [</FONT><A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">mailto:[email-masked]</FONT></U></A><FONT =
SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">]&nbsp;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">On Behalf Of</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">Eric Hsu</FONT>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Sent:&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Thursday, September 04, 2003 3:42 PM</FONT>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">To:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">Ibis-Users (E-mail); Stephen Peters (E-mail)</FONT>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">Cc:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">Frank Dunlap</FONT>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Tahoma">Subject:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT>=
</B> <FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Question about diode model</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi Stephen Peters and IBIS =
expert,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">To obtain the accurate ibis model for =
output buffer, I'd like to know how can I separate junction and bulk =
resistance for output driver and parasitic diode. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Stephen, when studying your the =
article, which is &quot;IBIS FORUM I/O BUFFER MODELING COOKBOOK&quot;-- =
Sep. 24,1997, I found on page 10, you ever mentioned that model creator =
may need to include junction and bulk resistance for driver and diode =
separately. If place non-silicide blocking layer to increase drain =
resistance, I wonder how people can separate them from parasitic diode. =
Because this parasitic resistance is really high, and it suppose only =
affect surface conduction current path, but not vertical path through =
bulk. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Right now, there is only one way I have =
is insert those parasitic resistance only at source end, which mean, for =
driver portion, moving drain resistance to source end.&nbsp; Also, =
inserting all the bulk resistance between P-end of ground clamping diode =
to GND connection, and N-end of power clamping diode to PWR connection. =
Of course, it is not perfect idea, because it could cause some different =
voltage drop from pad to drain and source end.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any better idea? Or anything wrong from =
above statement?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Best Regards,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Eric Hsu</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Interface Technologies</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">450 National Ave.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Mountain View, CA 94043</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">650-961-6676 x198</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">This e-mail contains NetLogic =
Microsystems, Inc. Confidential information</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37339.8D64B2BA--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:42:38 -0700
From: "Mirmak, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Agenda, IBIS Open Forum Teleconference 9/12/03

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3735F.C076C50D
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

		     IBIS Open Forum Meeting Agenda
			       for 9/12/03

           Bridge Number    Reservation #   Passcode
           1-916-356-2663       2           890-1093
            (International Dial-In: 1-617-801-9781)

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  When calling=20
into the meeting, provide the reservation number and passcode at=20
the automated prompts.  If asked by an operator, please request=20
to join the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Michael Mirmak.

8:00 Check-In, Intros, Announcements                       Mirmak

     - Intros of New IBIS Participants, Meeting Quorum     Mirmak
     - Call for Patents (IBIS 4.0, 4.1, ICM)               Mirmak
     - Membership Update and Treasurers Report             Mirmak
     - Review of Previous Meeting's Minutes (and ARs)      Mirmak
         August 22, 2003 Open Forum Minutes
     - Miscellany/Announcements                            All
     - Press & Web Page Updates                            Huq, All
     - New Models Available, Library Update                Leventhal
     - Opens for New Issues                                All

8:15 Administrative and Project Discussions

     International/External Progress
     - IEC 62014-3 (ICEM) Integrated Circuits Electromagnetic=20
       Model Proposal (IEC 93/67/NP IBIS=20
       and EMC Simulation)                                 Perrin/Peters
     - JEDEC Committee Report                              Green

     PCB East Summit Planning                              Mirmak

     DesignCon 2004 Summit Planning                        Mirmak

     IBIS Version 4.0 Parser Status                        Mirmak/Peters

     IBIS Quality Committee Report                         Katz/Green

     IBIS Model Review Committee                           Green

     S2IBIS3 Status                                        Varma/Ross

     New Administrative Issues                             All

8:45 Technical Discussion

     Driver Schedule Clarification                         Muranyi
     - Subparameters ignored in scheduled models?

     ICM Specification Discussion and Call for Vote        Mirmak, All

     Series Element Clarification BIRD Status              Mirmak
     - [Series MOSFET] and Vds
     - [Series Switch Groups] and function_table_group

     IBIS Version 4.1 Discussion                           All
     - [Ramp]/C_comp BIRD status

     IBISCHK4 Status                                       Ross/Angulo

     BUG80 - [Model Selector] and [Diff Pin] Ordering      Angulo
     - Clarification BIRD required?

     New Technical Issues                                  All

9:50 Wrap Up and Next Meeting Plans                        Mirmak

9:55 Sign Off

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3735F.C076C50D
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.0.6389.0">
<TITLE>Agenda, IBIS Open Forum Teleconference 9/12/03</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<BR>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS Open Forum Meeting =
Agenda</FONT>

<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; for =
9/12/03</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bridge =
Number&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Reservation #&nbsp;&nbsp; Passcode</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
1-916-356-2663&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
890-1093</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
(International Dial-In: 1-617-801-9781)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 =
AM Pacific Time.&nbsp; When calling </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">into the meeting, provide the =
reservation number and passcode at </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">the automated prompts.&nbsp; If =
asked by an operator, please request </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">to join the IBIS Open Forum =
hosted by Michael Mirmak.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">8:00 Check-In, Intros, =
Announcements&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mirmak</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Intros =
of New IBIS Participants, Meeting Quorum&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mirmak</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Call =
for Patents (IBIS 4.0, 4.1, =
ICM)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Membership Update and Treasurers =
Report&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp; Mirmak</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Review of Previous Meeting's Minutes (and =
ARs)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; August 22, 2003 =
Open Forum Minutes</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Miscellany/Announcements&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Press =
&amp; Web Page =
Updates&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Huq, All</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - New =
Models Available, Library =
Update&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Leventhal</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Opens =
for New =
Issues&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">8:15 Administrative and Project =
Discussions</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
International/External Progress</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - IEC =
62014-3 (ICEM) Integrated Circuits Electromagnetic </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Model Proposal (IEC 93/67/NP =
IBIS </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and EMC =
Simulation)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Perrin/Peters</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - JEDEC =
Committee =
Report&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Green</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; PCB East =
Summit =
Planning&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
DesignCon 2004 Summit =
Planning&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 Mirmak</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS =
Version 4.0 Parser =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mirmak/Peters</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS =
Quality Committee =
Report&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp; Katz/Green</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS =
Model Review =
Committee&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Green</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; S2IBIS3 =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Varma/Ross</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; New =
Administrative =
Issues&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">8:45 Technical Discussion</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Driver =
Schedule =
Clarification&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp; Muranyi</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Subparameters ignored in scheduled models?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ICM =
Specification Discussion and Call for =
Vote&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak, All</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Series =
Element Clarification BIRD =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
[Series MOSFET] and Vds</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
[Series Switch Groups] and function_table_group</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS =
Version 4.1 =
Discussion&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
[Ramp]/C_comp BIRD status</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBISCHK4 =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ross/Angulo</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; BUG80 - =
[Model Selector] and [Diff Pin] Ordering&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Angulo</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Clarification BIRD required?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; New =
Technical =
Issues&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">9:50 Wrap Up and Next Meeting =
Plans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mirmak</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">9:55 Sign Off</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3735F.C076C50D--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:01:22 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?anil=20kumar?= <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Question about experimental setup to get V-I V-t curves

Hi experts,
 I am learning IBIS models and i am trying to get
accurate models for I/O buffers of ICs. My problem is
how to have experimental setup for getting the V-I,V-T
curves of any general IC.Please tell me what are the
steps that are to be followed to do that experiment.
One more thing is I can't avail Curvetracer. Can you
suggest me what can I use in place of curve tracer.
Please reply me experimental set up procedures to get
V-I and V-t charecters of IC(general)buffers.
with regards,
anil 

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.
Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 04:52:35 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?SUDHEER?= <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] ECL ibis models 

Hi Experts 

I am trying to extract IBIS VI Characteristics for ECL
buffers , both single ended and Differential from
spice models . I understand the different convention
is to be followed  while generating for ECL buffers ,
Does anybody have guideline for this 

And regarding differential buffers , How to extract VT
curves , what is the setup required . I have simulated
differential signals  but couldn't understand how this
is simulated with ibis model . Any inputs on this will
be helpful to me 

Regards 
SUDHEER

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.
Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:19:53 +0200
From: Christophe Robichon <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] C_comp use

Hello IBIS users,

I had few questions on C_comp definition.
C_comp is used to define die capacitance (without package): is the 
attached netlist should integrate this value (for me yes)? If i 
understood, the s2ibis tool doesn't take care of this value in his 
static & dynamic responses computation. C_comp is only used by PCB 
simulator?

Best regards,
Christophe

- -- 
Christophe ROBICHON
CAD Developments Engineer
ATMEL NANTES SA
Mailto:[email-masked]

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:15:25 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?anil=20kumar?= <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] How to perform Laboratory measurement  for getting VI and VT data

Hi sudheer & experts,
   My question is how to get V-I and V-t curves by
Direct measurement method. Please suggets me any
material which contains detailed explanation(with some
circuit diagrams preferrably)of Lab set up.What is the
use of curve tracer for getting data? I don't have
cuve tracer. Please tell me what can I use in place of
cuve tracer. 
   sudheer, I followed your suggested material. It is
helpful for me in knowing the modes of operations for
getting the typ min max values. But what my doubt is,
can I use HSPICE simulation set up for Laboratory
measurements also? If no, then Please suggest any
other material which will be helpful to perform Direct
measurement.
with regards,
anil.

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.
Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:16:32 -0700
From: "Tom Dagostino" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] How to perform Laboratory measurement  for getting VI and VT data

Anil

There are services such as myself that do this kind of work.  It takes a lot
of equipment, knowledge, skills and experience to do it right.  Most of the
ICs today will have transitions on the order of 200 psec or less.  This puts
the bandwidth of the signals to be measured greater than 1 GHz.  Many of
today's IC have energy out to more than 10 GHz. This is the realm of
microwave measurements.  The cost of the equipment tracks the frequencies
that need to be measured.

You are not going to get a cookbook answer to your question from a reflector
such as this and be able to go off and make your measurements.  It takes a
lot of experience using the proper T&M equipment, understanding of how the
components work, how to instrument and stimulate the DUT, etc. to do the job
right.

Regards,

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
2926 SE Yamhill St.                Device Modeling Division
Portland, OR 97214                 13610 SW Harness Lane
                                   Beaverton, OR 97008
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-430-1065
[email-masked]

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of anil kumar
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 1:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] How to perform Laboratory measurement for getting
VI and VT data

Hi sudheer & experts,
   My question is how to get V-I and V-t curves by
Direct measurement method. Please suggets me any
material which contains detailed explanation(with some
circuit diagrams preferrably)of Lab set up.What is the
use of curve tracer for getting data? I don't have
cuve tracer. Please tell me what can I use in place of
cuve tracer.
   sudheer, I followed your suggested material. It is
helpful for me in knowing the modes of operations for
getting the typ min max values. But what my doubt is,
can I use HSPICE simulation set up for Laboratory
measurements also? If no, then Please suggest any
other material which will be helpful to perform Direct
measurement.
with regards,
anil.

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.
Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:46:44 -0700
From: "Angulo, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] How to perform Laboratory measurement

The following is posted on behalf of Bob Haller at SiSoft.  Please sent any private replies to [email-masked].
- ---------------

Anil,
   I co-wrote a paper that is in the Designcon98 proceedings 
"Constructing Accurate Behavioral Buffers" that provides circuit 
diagrams , lab setup, sample test board, and suggested equipment. We 
also had a booth, where we demonstrated how to acquire all of this 
information. Don't forget to acquire Ccomp it is a critical parameter to 
get correct.

If you don't have access to a copy of the proceedings, contact me off-line.

regards,
Bob

anil kumar wrote:
> Hi sudheer & experts,
>    My question is how to get V-I and V-t curves by
> Direct measurement method. Please suggets me any
> material which contains detailed explanation(with some
> circuit diagrams preferrably)of Lab set up.What is the
> use of curve tracer for getting data? I don't have
> cuve tracer. Please tell me what can I use in place of
> cuve tracer. 
>    sudheer, I followed your suggested material. It is
> helpful for me in knowing the modes of operations for
> getting the typ min max values. But what my doubt is,
> can I use HSPICE simulation set up for Laboratory
> measurements also? If no, then Please suggest any
> other material which will be helpful to perform Direct
> measurement.
> with regards,
> anil.
> 

- -- 
Robert J. Haller ([email-masked])
Principal Consultant
Signal Integrity Software Inc.
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
Phone: (978) 461-0449, ext 15

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:37:15 -0400
From: Robert Haller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] How to perform Laboratory measurement  for getting VI and VT data

Anil,
	Tom is absolutely correct. It takes skills, experience and expensive 
equipment to do the job right (this is also what my paper concluded).

regards,
Bob

p.s. I believe past proceedings can be back-ordered from the IEC.
.
Tom Dagostino wrote:
> Anil
> 
> There are services such as myself that do this kind of work.  It takes a lot
> of equipment, knowledge, skills and experience to do it right.  Most of the
> ICs today will have transitions on the order of 200 psec or less.  This puts
> the bandwidth of the signals to be measured greater than 1 GHz.  Many of
> today's IC have energy out to more than 10 GHz. This is the realm of
> microwave measurements.  The cost of the equipment tracks the frequencies
> that need to be measured.
> 
> You are not going to get a cookbook answer to your question from a reflector
> such as this and be able to go off and make your measurements.  It takes a
> lot of experience using the proper T&M equipment, understanding of how the
> components work, how to instrument and stimulate the DUT, etc. to do the job
> right.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Tom Dagostino
> Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
> 2926 SE Yamhill St.                Device Modeling Division
> Portland, OR 97214                 13610 SW Harness Lane
>                                    Beaverton, OR 97008
> http://www.teraspeed.com           503-430-1065
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of anil kumar
> Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 1:15 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IBIS-Users] How to perform Laboratory measurement for getting
> VI and VT data
> 
> 
> Hi sudheer & experts,
>    My question is how to get V-I and V-t curves by
> Direct measurement method. Please suggets me any
> material which contains detailed explanation(with some
> circuit diagrams preferrably)of Lab set up.What is the
> use of curve tracer for getting data? I don't have
> cuve tracer. Please tell me what can I use in place of
> cuve tracer.
>    sudheer, I followed your suggested material. It is
> helpful for me in knowing the modes of operations for
> getting the typ min max values. But what my doubt is,
> can I use HSPICE simulation set up for Laboratory
> measurements also? If no, then Please suggest any
> other material which will be helpful to perform Direct
> measurement.
> with regards,
> anil.
>

- -- 
Robert J. Haller ([email-masked])
Principal Consultant
Signal Integrity Software Inc.
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
Phone: (978) 461-0449, ext 15

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:31:30 -0700
From: "Eric Hsu" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Ccomp issue

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3799F.242536FB
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi IBIS expert,

As you know, there are three C_comp in ibis model, which are =
typ/min/max. For different corner, does simulation tool always take each =
one with responding I-V or V-T tables? ( which mean: C_comp(max) with =
I-V/V-T(max), C_comp(min) with I-V/V-T(min))

Best Regards,

Eric Hsu
Interface Technologies
NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
450 National Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
650-961-6676 x198
This e-mail contains Netlogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential =
information

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3799F.242536FB
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef;
	name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3799F.242536FB--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:31:48 -0700
From: "Beal, Weston" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] RE: Ccomp issue

Eric,

The IBIS spec does not specify how this should be handled, so the implementation depends on what the EDA vendor felt was most appropriate.  You'll need to check with each vendor to see how their tool treats the corner cases.

I can tell you that ICX has the ability to handle C_comp corners independently from the I-V tables.  i.e. you could setup a simulation with C_comp(min) and I-V tables(max) to get the fastest driver.

Regards,
Weston

>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	Eric Hsu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent:	Friday, September 12, 2003 7:32 PM
> To:	Ibis-Users (E-mail)
> Subject:	Ccomp issue
> 
> Hi IBIS expert,
> 
> As you know, there are three C_comp in ibis model, which are typ/min/max. For different corner, does simulation tool always take each one with responding I-V or V-T tables? ( which mean: C_comp(max) with I-V/V-T(max), C_comp(min) with I-V/V-T(min))
> 
> Best Regards,
> 
> Eric Hsu
> Interface Technologies
> NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
> 450 National Ave.
> Mountain View, CA 94043
> 650-961-6676 x198
> This e-mail contains Netlogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential information
> 
> 
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:29:08 -0400
From: "Lynne Green" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] RE: Ccomp issue

Hello, Eric,

Physically, "slow" corner usually has C_comp(max) and I-V/V-t(min).
Increased capacitance slows transitions.

Cadence SPECCTRAQuest uses that as the default, but the user can set
preferences to any combination.

As Weston noted, it is possible that some SI simulators use a different
default combination.

Best regards,
Lynne

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Eric Hsu [mailto:[email-masked]]  On Behalf Of Eric
Hsu
Sent:	Friday, September 12, 2003 7:32 PM
To:	Ibis-Users (E-mail)
Subject:	Ccomp issue

Hi IBIS expert,

As you know, there are three C_comp in ibis model, which are
typ/min/max. For different corner, does simulation tool always take each
one with responding I-V or V-T tables? ( which mean: C_comp(max) with
I-V/V-T(max), C_comp(min) with I-V/V-T(min))

Best Regards,

Eric Hsu
Interface Technologies
NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
450 National Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
650-961-6676 x198
This e-mail contains Netlogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential
information

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:25:13 -0600
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] [IBIS] Open forum minutes (09/12/03)

DATE: 9/15/03

SUBJECT: September 12, 2003 EIA IBIS Open Forum Meeting Minutes

VOTING MEMBERS AND 2003 PARTICIPANTS LIST:
Ansoft Corporation             (Eric Bracken)
Apple Computer                 Kim Helliwell
Applied Simulation Technology  Fred Balistreri
Cadence Design                 Lynne Green*, Lance Wang
Cisco Systems                  Syed Huq, Michael LaBonte,
                               Val Mandruson, Hung Pham,
                               Todd Westerhoff
Fairchild Semiconductor        (Graham Connolly)
Hitachi ULSI Systems           Kazuyoshi Shoji
Intel Corporation              Stephen Peters*, Michael Mirmak*,
                               Arpad Muranyi*, Eric Magnusson
LSI Logic                      Frank Gasparik
Matsushita (Panasonic)         Atsuji Ito
Mentor Graphics                [Bob Ross], Ian Dodd, Guy de Burgh*,
                               John Angulo*, Mike Donnelly, Weston Beal 
Micron Technology              Randy Wolff*
Molex Incorporated             Gus Panella
Motorola                       (Rick Kingen)
National Semiconductor         [Milt Schwartz], [Tim Coyle]
NEC Electric Corporation       (Itsuki Yamada)
Philips Semiconductor          (D.C. Sessions), Stephanie Goedecke
Siemens (& Automotive) AG      Eckhard Lenski*, Michael Kindij, 
                               Burkhard Muller, Katja Koller, 
                               Andre Goerisch, Manfred Maurer, 
                               Bernard Unger, Amir Motamedi, 
                               Hartmut Ibowski, Gerald Bannert
Signal Integrity Software      Bob Haller, Barry Katz, Doug Burns
Sigrity                        [Raj Raghuram]
Synopsys                       Warren Wong, Edmund Cheng
Texas Instruments              Thomas Fisher
Teraspeed                      Scott McMorrow, Tom Dagostino,
                               Kevin Simpson, Bob Ross*
Time Domain Analysis Systems   Dima Smolyansky, Steve Corey
Zuken (& Incases)              Michael Schaeder, Ralf Bruening

OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN 2003:
Agilent Technologies           Herbert Lage
Brocade                        Frank Yuan, Yongrue Yu
Conexant                       Gary Felker
EADS CCR                       Alix de la Villeguerin
EFM                            Ekkehard Miersch
EMC Corporation                Brian Arsenault, John Fernandez,
                               Simba Julian
Fraunhofer IZM                 Ege Engin
Fujitsu                        Tadashi Arai
GEIA                           (Chris Denham)
Huawei Technologies            (Jiang Xiang Zhong)
Independent                    Kelly Green, Luca Giacotto
Infineon Tech AG               Christian Sporrer
Marvell Semiconductor          Itzik Peleg
NetLogic Microsystems          Eric Hsu
North East Systems Associates  Edward Sayre 
North Carolina State Univ.     Ambrish Varma* 
Plexus                         Joseph Socha
Politechnico de Torino         Igor Stievano
Qlogic                         Larry Barnes
Sintecs BV                     Hans Klos, Bob te Nijenhuis
SiQual                         (Rob Hinz)
Sun Microsystems               Tim Coyle
Via Technologies               (Weber Chuang)
Xilinx                         Susan Wu

In the list above, attendees at the meeting are indicated by *.  Principal
members or other active members who have not attended are in parentheses. 
Participants who no longer are in the organization are in square brackets.

Upcoming Meetings:  The bridge numbers for future IBIS teleconferences are 
as follows:

       Date           Bridge Number    Reservation #    Passcode
 October 3, 2003     1-916-356-2663        2            643-9661

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  Meeting agendas are
typically distributed seven days before each Open Forum.  Minutes are 
typically distributed within seven days of the corresponding meeting.
When calling into the meeting, provide the reservation number and 
passcode at the automated prompts.  If asked by an operator, please
request to join the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Michael Mirmak.

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

- -------------------------------- MINUTES -----------------------------------
INTRODUCTIONS AND MEETING QUORUM
No new participants.

CALL FOR PATENTS
Michael Mirmak called for any patents or pending patents related to the
IBIS Version 4.0, 4.1 or ICM specifications. No patents were declared.

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE AND TREASURER'S REPORT
Michael Mirmak reported that membership remains at 25 organizations, with
a twenty-sixth member in processing.  One invoice for membership is still 
in processing. 

REVIEW OF MINUTES AND AR'S
The August 22, 2003 meeting minutes were approved without objection.

MISCELLANY/ANNOUNCEMENTS
No new announcements.

PRESS AND WEB PAGE UPDATES
Bob Ross noted that Syed Huq has updated several links to presentations
on the eigroup.org IBIS web site.

NEW MODELS AVAILABLE, LIBRARY UPDATE
No new models received.

OPENS FOR NEW ISSUES
No new issues.

INTERNATIONAL/EXTERNAL PROGRESS
- - IEC 62014-3 (ICEM) Integrated Circuit Electromagnetic Model Proposal
  (formerly, IEC 93/67/NP IBIS and EMC Simulation)
  No update.

- - JEDEC Activity Report
Lynne Green reported that she has been invited to present a one-day
short course on IBIS and IBIS modeling during the JEDEX spring meeting.
The URL for the JEDEC organization is http://www.jedec.org/.  The 
JEDEX 2004 conference does not yet have its own URL.

PCB EAST SUMMIT DISCUSSION
Lynne Green has distributed the second call for papers to the PCB East
IBIS Summit.  Currently, three presentations are planned: the Chair's
Report, a presentation from Sun's Timothy Coyle on their modeling 
efforts and a web page proposal, and an IBIS Quality Committee report
from Robert Haller.  Lynne Green may also present.  Open Forum members 
are encouraged to contribute materials on any IBIS technical or 
administrative issue.  Bob Ross suggested that, if more presentations
are not forthcoming, the event may be reduced to one-half day.

Michael Mirmak and Lynne Green also held a meeting with Kathy Breda of 
NESA to finalize all summit details.  A room for about fifteen people
is available at NESA's offices.  Arrangements for an LCD projector,
teleconference phone, light refreshments, and photocopying have been
completed.  NESA made several suggestions for potential luncheon
arrangements, but sponsorship is still needed (see below).

Michael also reported that a teleconference bridge and telephone 
number have been arranged for the summit, with details to be announced 
in the summit agenda.

DESIGNCON 2004 SUMMIT DISCUSSION
Michael Mirmak reported that a new agreement for IBIS Summit support
has been received from the IEC.  Discussions are planned in the immediate
future regarding whether some of the complementary items may be 
traded for refreshments for the Summit participants. 

In addition, sponsors are needed for lunches at both PCB East and 
DesignCon 2004.  Open Forum members and participants are encouraged to 
inquire at their organizations regarding co-sponsorship of the summit.  
Sponsors will be prominently mentioned in Summit presentations,
announcements, and the minutes.  

IBIS VERSION 4.0 PARSER FUNDING AND STATUS
Michael Mirmak reported that payment from one parser sponsor has still 
not yet been received by the GEIA.  He will continue pursuing this.

A beta version of IBISCHK4 is available for download:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/ibischk4_beta

IBIS QUALITY COMMITTEE
Lynne Green reported that meetings continue every two weeks, though
the most recent meeting was cancelled.  The next meeting is scheduled
for September 23, 2003.

IBIS MODEL REVIEW COMMITTEE
Lynne Green reported that two new models, from Motorola and Maxim, have 
been received by the committee and have been distributed for review.

S2IBIS3
Ambrish Varma and Bob Ross reported that work continues on S2IBIS3 
development, especially on series elements. A new version is to be 
released within the next few weeks.

S2IBIS3 beta executables can be downloaded from:

http://www.ece.ncsu.edu/erl/ibis/s2ibis3/s2ibis3.htm

Feedback on the current beta version is appreciated and encouraged.

NEW ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES
No new issues.

DRIVER SCHEDULE CLARIFICATION
Arpad Muranyi introduced several new issues regarding the treatment of 
subparameters in scheduled models.  Using the "Polarity" subparameter 
as an example, Arpad noted that the triggering polarity to be 
assumed by tools using models with [Driver Schedule] is unclear.
John Angulo and Bob Ross both noted that the intent behind the
specification was that top-level model subparameters should be 
observed, while subparameters in the scheduled models were to be
ignored.  In addition, the Polarity subparameter was to be completely
ignored when used with [Driver Schedule].  Some mention of ignored and 
observed [Driver Schedule] keywords are mentioned in the IBIS 
specifications, but the list does not extend to all subparameters.  
Arpad took the AR to write a clarification BIRD to address the issue,
so that the treatment of both keywords and subparameters is unambiguous.

Additionally, Arpad observed that, in cases where only rising edge
delays are described for [Driver Schedule] models, the timing
sequence is unclear regarding falling edges.  In "totem-pole"
designs, for example, must the rising edge delay complete before any 
falling edge turns off the pullup?  Whether the timing sequence or
the actual input edges control the output is not obvious from the
specification.  Arpad will write a description of the issue for
discussion on the IBIS reflector.  Bob Ross suggested that any resolution
to this issue in a BIRD not prevent adoption of IBIS 4.1 in a timely 
manner. Michael Mirmak mentioned that, in a fashion similar to the W3
Consortium's HTML 4.0 specification, the Open Forum may wish to 
consider using the term "deprecated" to describe keywords that
are only mentioned for historical reasons in the IBIS specification.

Finally, Arpad noted that the specifications do not clearly describe
whether multiple [Submodel] calls may be made from a single [Model].
Bob Ross suggests that this is allowable, so long as the various
[Submodel]s are of different type.  An additional clarification BIRD
may be required to address this issue.

IBIS ICM SPECIFICATION REVIEW
Michael Mirmak announced the final "reading" of the ICM specification 
and reviewed the changes proposed for the next revision.  These are:

 - allow multiple unused model names under the [ICM Model List] keyword
   for use in multiple ICM model descriptions 
   (from David Lieby, Acuson)
 - permit mixing RLGC and S-parameter data within a single model description
   (from Scott McMorrow, Teraspeed)
 - support for frequency dependent RLGC matrices
   (from Scott McMorrow, Teraspeed and Arpad Muranyi, Intel Corp.)
 - add explicit links between IBIS and ICM to one or both specifications
   (from Michael Mirmak, Intel Corp.)

None of these represent a barrier to adoption of the current draft
and may be resolved in the next ICM revision without great difficulty.
No other comments or suggestions have been received or were offered during
the meeting.  Bob Ross and Michael both suggested that references to ICM
within IBIS not be added to the IBIS specification until after version
4.1 is complete.  Tools may use models under both specifications 
separately without cross-referencing the specifications.  In addition, 
further issues may be revealed as the parser and actual product models are 
developed.

Some concerns were raised regarding whether the Agilent Touchstone(TM)
document written by the Open Forum required an approval vote.  The
Open Forum members agreed that, until further information was received
from Agilent regarding the draft 1.2 document, no further action should
be taken on approving the Agilent Touchstone(TM) document.

A vote was called for approval of the ICM 1.0 draft.  The document was
approved by unanimous vote of the Open Forum members.  Bob Ross noted
that a final copy will be prepared that makes no changes to the
content but which resolves some remaining formatting issues, adds a
copyright statement, and includes the approval date.  By acclamation, the 
final document will be called "icm_ver1_0.xxx" where "xxx" may be "txt",
"pdf", or "doc" as appropriate to the distribution format.  

Michael accepted the AR to develop a BIRD process for ICM to address
specification changes.  He also will work with Bob Ross on an update
to the IBIS web site to store ICM-related materials.

CLARIFICATION BIRD DISCUSSION
Michael Mirmak announced that a draft BIRD83 text is being 
written to resolve the series element issues mentioned in earlier
Open Forum meetings.  This text will be made available in time for
review during the October 3 Open Forum meeting.

Arpad Muranyi noted that, to address differential buffer behaviors,
the [Series MOSFET] keyword may need to be expanded.  At present,
negative Vds values are not allowed, as the behavior of the device
being described is assumed symmetrical around Vds=0.  Based on 
work detailed at a recent IBIS Summit, Arpad suggests that negative
values could be allowed in future IBIS models, so long as symmetry
is assumed for models which use no negative values.  Bob Ross reminded
the Open Forum members of the assumptions behind the non-negative
value treatment and also strongly suggested that any BIRD changing
the treatment of [Series MOSFET]s not prevent approval of IBIS 4.1.

IBIS VERSION 4.1 DISCUSSION
John Angulo updated the Open Forum on his work in developing an expansion
of the [Ramp] keyword, for use with the 4.1 multilingual extensions.
At present, John favors keeping the [Ramp] keyword as a requirement,
both of [Model] and [External Model].  This treatment is consistent 
with current IBIS usage and does not unduly burden [External Model].
Lynne Green suggested that the load resistance and termination voltage
assumptions may need to be changed for use with [External Model], as
differential buffers may not be appropriately represented by simulation
into single-ended terminations.  Arpad Muranyi mentioned that current-mode
drivers may not observe [Ramp] requirements as they may not show voltage
output variation under appropriate loading. John suggested that 
using a dV value of zero is technically legitimate and may allow 
[Ramp] to be used for timestep estimation in such cases.  John will
provide draft BIRD language for review on the IBIS Reflector.

A draft version of IBIS version 4.1 is available on the web.  Both an 
ASCII text and an Adobe PDF version are available at:

  http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/wip/

IBISCHK4 & BUG TRACKING STATUS
Due to time constraints, discussion was deferred until the next meeting.

The beta version of IBISCHK4 is available at:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/ibischk4_beta

BUG80 - [Model Selector] and [Diff Pin] Ordering
Due to time constraints, discussion was deferred until the next meeting.

NEXT MEETING:
The next teleconference has been scheduled for October 3 from 8:00 AM 
to 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time.  

============================================================================
                               NOTES

IBIS CHAIR: Michael Mirmak (916) 356-4261, Fax: (916) 377-1046
            [email-masked]
            Senior Analog Engineer, Intel Corporation
            M/S FM6-45
            1900 Prairie City Rd.
            Folsom, CA  95630

VICE CHAIR: Lynne Green (425) 788-0412, Fax (425) 451-1871
            [email-masked]
            Senior Modeling Engineer, Cadence Design Systems
            320 120th Ave NE, Suite B-103, Bellevue, WA 98005-3016

SECRETARY:  Randy Wolff (208) 363-1764, Fax: (208) 368-3475
            [email-masked]
            Simulation Engineer, Micron Technology, Inc.
            8000 S. Federal Way
            Mail Stop: 1-711
            Boise, ID 83707-0006
        
LIBRARIAN:  Roy Leventhal (847) 590-9398
            [email-masked]
            Consultant, Leventhal Design and Communications
            1924 North Burke Drive
            Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004

WEBMASTER:  Syed Huq (408) 525-3399, Fax: (408) 526-5504
            [email-masked]
            Manager, Hardware Engineering, Cisco Systems
            170 West Tasman Drive
            San Jose, CA 95134-1706

POSTMASTER: John Angulo (425) 497-5077, Fax: (425) 881-1008
            [email-masked]
            Development Engineer, Mentor Graphics
            14715 N.E. 95th Street, Suite 200
            Redmond, WA 98052

This meeting was conducted in accordance with the EIA Legal Guides and EIA 
Manual of Organization and Procedure.

The following e-mail addresses are used:

  [email-masked]
      In the body, for the IBIS Open Forum Reflector:
      subscribe ibis <your e-mail address>

      In the body, for the IBIS Users' Group Reflector:
      subscribe ibis-users <your e-mail address>

      Help and other commands:
      help

  [email-masked]
      To join, change, or drop from either the IBIS Open Forum Reflector
      ([email-masked]), the IBIS Users' Group Reflector ([email-masked])
      or both.  State your request.

  [email-masked]
      To obtain general information about IBIS, to ask specific questions
      for individual response, and to inquire about joining the EIA-IBIS
      Open Forum as a full Member.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the general IBIS Open Forum Reflector.  This
      is used mostly for IBIS Standardization business and future IBIS
      technical enhancements.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the IBIS Users' Group Reflector.  This is
      used mostly for IBIS clarification, current modeling issues, and
      general user concerns.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To report ibischk2/3 parser bugs.  The Bug Report Form Resides on
      eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bugform.txt along with reported
      bugs.

      To report s2ibis, s2ibis2 and s2iplt bugs, use the Bug Report Forms
      which reside under eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis/bugs2i.txt,
      /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis2/bugs2i2.txt, and
      /pub/ibis/bugs/s2iplt/bugsplt.txt respectively.

Information on IBIS technical contents, IBIS participants, and actual IBIS 
models are available on the IBIS Home page found by selecting the Electronic 
Information Group under:

  http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/ibis.htm

Check the pub/ibis directory on eda.org for more information on previous 
discussions and results.  Logins using anonymous FTP are accepted.
- -----------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:54:48 -0700
From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Driver Schedule keyword ambiguities

All,

As I promised in the last IBIS Open Forum Teleconference, I am
posting a message about the issues that were discovered with the
[Driver Schedule] keyword recently.

1)  Under the Usage Rules, the end of the 3rd paragraph says the
following in the current specification:

| ...  Also, all other keywords not shown
| in the above list will be ignored in the scheduled model(s).

The question becomes, what about the subparameters?  Are they
also supposed to be ignored in the scheduled models?

For reference, I looked up the subparameters of the [Model]
keyword:

|  Sub-Params:  Model_type, Polarity, Enable, Vinl, Vinh, C_comp,
|               C_comp_pullup, C_comp_pulldown, C_comp_power_clamp,
|               C_comp_gnd_clamp, Vmeas, Cref, Rref, Vref

Interestingly, the "Other Notes" of the [Driver Schedule] keyword
says that:

| Notice that the C_comp parameter of a multi-stage buffer is
| defined in the top-level model.  ...

(As a comment on style I have to mention that the word "Notice"
is improper here, because this is the first time C_comp is mentioned
in the entire [Driver Schedule] description, so there was actually
nothing to notice about C_comp before the reader got this far...).

Regarding the main subject of this writing, however, notice :-) that
C_comp is a subparameter.  We agreed verbally in the last
teleconference that we should just make the text in the first quote
include all keywords and subparameters.  So the suggested text would
read something like:

| ...  Also, all other keywords not shown in the above list and all
| subparameters will be ignored in the scheduled model(s).

This is hopefully an easy change (clarification) in the specification.

2)  There is another problem with the wording of the [Driver Schedule]
keyword.  This is related to our four 7-line long famous one-sentence
paragraphs describing the meaning of the on/off delay parameters.  The
issue is that the word "event" (towards the end) is not defined.
Because of that, some ambiguities may arise when two of the parameters
are NA so that the given numbers are both in the ON or OFF delay
positions.  The ambiguity will happen when the two numbers are not
equal and the stimulus is shorter than the delay.  For example, the
following example is well defined, there are no problems with it:

| Model_name     Rise_on_dly  Rise_off_dly  Fall_on_dly  Fall_off_dly
  MODEL_OUT      0.0ns        NA            0.0ns        NA

However, the next example has a problem:

| Model_name     Rise_on_dly  Rise_off_dly  Fall_on_dly  Fall_off_dly
  MODEL_OUT      20.0ns       NA            0.0ns        NA

Imagine a test case, in which the stimulus begins at 0 V, and has a 
periodic short pulse with a pulse width of 5 ns.  The pulses repeat
every 50 ns.  At time zero, the output will be 0 V, since the stimulus
is also 0 V.  Given the above delay values, the first rising edge
of the stimulus would initiate a delay for the output to go high
20 ns later.  However, the question is, what should the falling
edge do which comes 5 ns after this delay got initialized and before
the output could switch due to the delay?  Should it cancel the
unexpired delay, or should it let it run its course?

In the first case, the output would remain at 0 V forever, because
the falling edge stimulus will always cancel the unexpired rising
edge delay.  On the other hand, if the delay is allowed to run its
course, we would see a rising edge on the output 20 ns after the
rising edge stimulus, even though there was a falling edge stimulus
that should have generated a falling edge on the output (which we
didn't see, because the output was at 0 V during this time).  The
output would actually go low at the next time the stimulus goes low,
because at that time the output will be in the high state already.

Here is an ASCII attempt to illustrate this:

Stimulus:
    __                  __                  __
___|  |________________|  |________________|  |____________...

Output:
              ____________         ___________         ____...
_____________|            |_______|           |_______|

Note that this problem only occurs if the pulse width is smaller
than the delay, in other words, the buffer is over clocked.  Trying
to get a physical meaning to these delays I can imagine a design
that, being over clocked, will not switch at all, but I could also
imagine a design that is kind of pipe lined and would generate the
above waveforms.  To me it seems that both interpretations can be
correct.

The question in terms of how the spec is written is whether the
"event" refers to the edge of the stimulus which starts the delays,
or whether the "event" occurs when the timer expires and sets the
time to t=0 for the Vt curve to generate the output transition.

We would either have to limit ourselves to just one of these
possible cases in the IBIS spec with a clarification to this
keyword, or if both results are desired, we need to add another
parameter that allows a selection mechanism.  Even though 
technically perhaps more appealing, this option seems to be
less favorable, since there is a note already at the end
of this keyword that says:

| Note: In a future release, the [Driver Schedule] keyword may
| be replaced by a newer method of specification that is 
| consistent with some other planned extensions.  However, the
| [Driver Schedule] syntax will continue to be supported.

Which basically says that this keyword was just an interim solution
until we have something better.  Because of that I would not favor
making improvements to [Driver Schedule], only clarifications. 
With BIRD 75 we can achieve any kind of a buffer behavior now,
so we would not be stranded.

Having said that, which solution should we pick?  The one that
produces a flat line on the output, or the one that still produces
a waveform?  To be consistent with the way Vt curves are handled,
it seems that the "flat line solution" may be what we need here.
This is because due to current algorithms, a regular buffer having
long Vt curves will also respond with a flat line on the output
when stimulated faster than the Vt curves allow.

Note that this situation would also arise with other combinations
of delay numbers when they are in the On-On or Off-Off places, have
different values, and the stimulus is shorter than the delay values.
The above is just one example to illustrate the issue.

I would like to combine these two problems in the same clarification
BIRD to the [Driver Schedule] keyword.  Please send me your comments
and suggestions so I could write a useful BIRD.

Thanks,

Arpad
====================================================================
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:42:59 -0700
From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Are multiple Submodel calls allowed in IBIS?

All,

This subject was raised in the last Open Forum Teleconference based
on a message I received in a private email.  I am also copying the
original sender with a (blind) copy (BCC) of this response to answer
their question.

The question was asked whether multiple submodel calls are allowed
in a given [Model].  I looked at the IBIS specification and found the
following:

| Usage Rules:  The [Add Submodel] keyword is invoked within a model to add
|               the functionality that is contained in the submodel or list of
|               submodels in each line that follows.  ...

This mentions a "list if submodels" which clearly can be multiple
calls to various submodels.  The example reinforces this notion:

[Add Submodel]     
| Submodel_name        Mode
Bus_Hold_1             Non-Driving  | Adds the electrical characteristics of
                                    | [Submodel] Bus_Hold_1 for receiver or
                                    | high-Z mode only.
Dynamic_clamp_1        All          | Adds the Dynmanic_clamp_1 model for
                                    | all modes of operation.

where we have calls to two submodels from one [Add Submodel] keyword.
This should hopefully settle the question.  I believe no further action
is necessary.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this discussion may have caused, this
is a prime example for the good old saying:  "If all else fails, read
the manual."

Arpad
===========================================================================
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:46:36 -0700
From: "Mirmak, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] BIRD83 - Series Element Clarifications

All,

BIRD83 is enclosed for review.

- - Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA/IBIS Open Forum

************************************************************************
*****

************************************************************************
*****
************************************************************************
*****
                    BUFFER ISSUE RESOLUTION DOCUMENT (BIRD)

BIRD ID#:       83
ISSUE TITLE:    Series Element Clarifications
REQUESTOR:      Michael Mirmak, Intel Corporation
DATE SUBMITTED: September 17, 2003
DATE REVISED:                         
DATE ACCEPTED BY IBIS OPEN FORUM: Pending     

************************************************************************
*****
************************************************************************
*****

STATEMENT OF THE ISSUE:

Ambiguous language in the IBIS 4.0 specification can lead to mutually 
exclusive but text-compliant descriptions of series element behaviors.
The issues are:

a) the presence of the function_table_group column under the [Series Pin
Mapping] keyword implies that a series switch is being described.
However,
the presence of the function_table_group column does not require the
use of the [Series Switch Group] keyword to describe the corresponding
series switch groupings

b) the language of [Series MOSFET] does not explicitly require that
the [Series MOSFET] keyword be used before each occurrence of the Vds 
subparameter and I-V table data.  This implies that both a single 
[Series MOSFET] keyword instance or multiple instances may be used to
describe the same device regardless of the number of I-V tables present

To address these issues, two changes are proposed:

a) if "function_table_group" is present under [Series Pin Mapping], the
[Series Switch Groups] keyword is required

b) the [Series MOSFET] keyword is explicitly required before each Vds
subparameter

The changes noted above are consistent with the behavior of version
3.2.9 
of the IBIS Golden Parser.

Several minor grammatical issues have also been resolved in the proposed
text below.  Note that the examples have been omitted.

************************************************************************
****

STATEMENT OF THE RESOLVED SPECIFICATIONS:

Changes are marked with the * characters.

|=======================================================================
======
|     Keyword:  [Series Pin Mapping]
|    Required:  No
| Description:  Used to associate two pins joined by a series model.
|  Sub-Params:  pin_2, model_name, function_table_group
| Usage Rules:  Enter only series pin pairs.  The first column, [Series
Pin
|               Mapping], contains the series pin for which input
impedances
|               are measured.  The second column, pin_2, contains the
other
|               connection of the series model.  Each pin must match the
pin
|               names declared previously in the [Pin] section of the
IBIS
|               file.  The third column, model_name, associates the
Series or
|               Series_switch model for the pair of pins in the first
two 
|               columns.  The fourth column, function_table_group,
contains
|               an alphanumeric designator string to associate those
sets of
|               Series_switch pins that are switched together.
|
|               Each line must contain either three or four columns.
When
|               using four columns, the header function_table_group must
be
|               listed.  
|
|               One possible application is to model crossbar switches
where
|               the straight through On paths are indicated by one
designator
|               and the cross over On paths are indicated by another
|               designator.  If the model referenced is a Series model,
then
|               the function_table_group entry is omitted.
| 
*|               Note that, if the function_table_group entry is used,
the
*|               [Series Switch Groups] keyword must be present and
contain
*|               switching combination definitions corresponding to the 
*|               function group entries.

|               The column length limits are:
|                   [Series Pin Mapping]       5 characters max
|                   pin_2                      5 characters max
|                   model_name                20 characters max
|                   function_table_group      20 characters max
|
| Other Notes:  If the model_name is for a non-symmetrical series model,

|               then the order of the pins is important.  The [Series
Pin
|               Mapping] and pin_2 entries must be in the columns that
|               correspond with Pin 1 and Pin 2 of the referenced model.
|
|               This mapping covers only the series paths between pins.
The
|               package parasitics and any other elements such as
additional
|               capacitance or clamping circuitry are defined by the
|               model_name that is referenced in the [Pin] keyword.  The
|               model_names under the [Pin] keyword that are also
referenced
|               by the [Series Pin Mapping] keyword may include any
legal
|               model or reserved model except for Series and
Series_switch
|               models.  Normally the pins will reference a [Model]
whose
|               Model_type is 'Terminator'.  For example, a
Series_switch
|               model may contain Terminator models on EACH of the pins
to
|               describe both the capacitance on each pin and some
clamping
|               circuitry that may exist on each pin.  In a similar
manner,
|               Input, I/O or Output models may exist on each pin of a
Series
|               model that is serving as a differential termination.  
|
[...]
|
|=======================================================================
======
|     Keyword:  [Series Switch Groups]
*|    Required:  Yes, if function_table_group is used under 
*|               [Series Pin Mapping]
| Description:  Used to define allowable switching combinations of
series
|               switches described using the names of the groups in the
|               [Series Pin Mapping] keyword function_table_group
column. 
|  Sub-Params:  On, Off
| Usage Rules:  Each state line contains an allowable configuration.  A 
|               typical state line will start with 'On' followed by all
of the
|               on-state group names or an 'Off' followed by all of the
|               off-state group names.  Only one of 'On' or 'Off' is
required
|               since the undefined states are presumed to be opposite
of the
|               explicitly defined states.  The state line is terminated
with
|               the slash '/', even if it extends over several lines to
fit
|               within the 80 character column width restriction.
|
|               The group names in the function_table_group are used to
|               associate switches whose switching action is
synchronized by
|               a common control function.  The first line defines the
assumed
|               (default) state of the set of series switches.  Other
sets of
|               states are listed and can be selected through a user
interface
|               or through automatic control.
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- ------
[...]
|=======================================================================
======
|     Keyword:  [Series MOSFET]
|    Required:  Yes, for series MOSFET switches
| Description:  The data points under this keyword define the I-V tables
for
|               voltages measured at Pin 2 for a given Vds setting.
Currents 
|               are considered positive if they flow into Pin 1.  Pins 1
and 
|               2 are listed under the [Series Pin Mapping] keyword
under
|               [Series Pin Mapping] and pin_2 columns, respectively.
|  Sub-Params:  Vds
| Usage Rules:  The first column contains the voltage value, and the
three
|               remaining columns hold the typical, minimum, and maximum
|               current values.  The four entries, Voltage, I(typ),
I(min),
|               and I(max) must be placed on a single line and must be
|               separated by at least one white space.
|
*|               All four columns are required under this keyword.
However,
|               data is only required in the typical column.  If minimum

|               and/or maximum current values are not available, the
reserved
|               word "NA" must be used.  "NA" can be used for currents
in the
|               typical column, but numeric values MUST be specified for
the
|               first and last voltage points on any I-V table.  Each
I-V 
|               table must have at least 2, but not more than 100 rows.
|
| Other Notes:  There is no monotonicity requirement. However the model
|               supplier should realize that it may not be possible to
derive
|               a behavioral model from non-monotonic data.
|
|
|                                 Table Current
|                                    ------->  Ids
|                                +     Vds     -
| 
|                                      Vcc
|                                       | g
|                                     __|__
|                                     -----  NMOS
|                              Pin 1 |     |    Pin 2
|                                <---+     +--->  +  Voltage = Vcc - Vs
|                                d   |_____|   s  
|                               PMOS  --+--       Vs
|                                       | g  
|                                      GND        -
|
*|               Either of the FETs could be removed (or have zero
current
*|               contribution).  Thus this model covers all four
conditions,
|               off, single NMOS, single PMOS and parallel NMOS/PMOS.
|         
|                      Voltage = Table Voltage = Vtable = Vcc - Vs
|                      Ids = Table Current for a given Vcc and Vds
|
|               Internal Logic that is generally referenced to the power
rail
|               is used to set the NMOS MOSFET switch to its 'ON' state.
|               Internal logic likewise referenced to ground is used to
set 
|               the PMOS device to its 'ON' state if the PMOS device is
|               present.  Thus the [Voltage Range] settings provide the
|               assumed gate voltages.  If the [POWER Clamp Reference]
exists,
|               it overrides the [Voltage Range] value.  The table
entries are
|               actually Vgs values of the NMOS device and Vcc - Vgs
values of
|               the PMOS device, if present.  The polarity conventions
are
|               identical with those used for other tables that are
|               referenced to power rails.  Thus the voltage column can
be
|               viewed as a table defining the source voltages Vs
according to
|               the convention: Vtable = Vcc - Vs.  This convention
remains
|               even without the NMOS device.
|
|               If the switch is used in an application such as
interfacing
|               between 3.3 V and 5.0 V logic, the Vcc may be biased at
a 
|               voltage (such as 4.3 V) that is different from a power
rail
|               voltage (such as 5.0 V) used to create the model.  Just
|               readjust the [Voltage Range] entries (or [POWER Clamp
|               Reference] entries).
|
|               One fundamental assumption in the MOSFET switch model is
that
|               it operates in a symmetrical manner.  The tables and
|               expressions are given assuming that Vd >= Vs.  If Vd <
Vs,
|               then apply the same relationships under the assumption
that
|               the source and drain nodes are interchanged.  A
consequence of
|               this assumption is that the Vds subparameter is
constrained to
|               values Vds > 0.  It is assumed that with Vds = 0 the
currents
|               will be 0 mA.  A further consequence of this assumption
that
|               would be embedded in the analysis process is that the
voltage
|               table is based on the side of the model with the lowest
|               voltage (and that side is defined as the source).  Thus
the
|               analysis must allow current to flow in both directions,
as
|               would occur due to reflections when the switch is
connected in
|               series with an unterminated transmission line.
|
|               The model data is used to create an On state
relationship
|               between the actual drain to source current, ids, and the
|               actual drain to source voltage, vds:
|
|                                    ids = f(vds).
|
|               This functional relationship depends on the actual
source
|               voltage Vs and can be expressed in terms of the
corresponding
|               table currents associated with Vs (and expressed as a
function
|               of Vtable).
|
|               If only one [Series MOSFET] table is supplied (as a
first
|               order approximation), the functional relationship is
assumed
|               to be linearly related to the table drain to source
current,
|               Ids, for the given Vds subparameter value and located at
the
|               existing gate to source voltage value Vtable.  This
table
|               current is denoted as Ids(Vtable, Vds).  The functional
|               relationship  becomes:
|
|                          ids = Ids(Vtable, Vds) * vds/Vds.
|
*|               More than one [Series MOSFET] table under a [Model]
keyword 
*|               is permitted.  However, the usage of this data is
simulator 
*|               dependent.  Each table must begin with the [Series
MOSFET] 
*|               keyword and Vds subparameter.  Each successive 
*|               [Series MOSFET] table must have a different
subparameter 
*|               value for Vds.  The number of tables for any specific 
*|               [Model] must not exceed 100.
|
|               C_comp values are ignored for [Series MOSFET] models.

************************************************************************
*****

ANALYSIS PATH/DATA THAT LED TO SPECIFICATION:

************************************************************************
*****

ANY OTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

************************************************************************
*****

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:44:56 +0200
From: "Lior Dagan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] ground bounce and vdd drop

Can anyone email me either a link to a working IBIS file with ground bounce?
Can anyone also show tell me of what considerations must be taken into
account, when trying to use the ground bounce and/or VDD drop, since adding
complexity and bug probability for no reason is not something that I want to
do.
Thanks,
Lior

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:11:59 -0400
From: "Lynne Green" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Third Call for Papers, IBIS Summit at PCB East

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                       IBIS SUMMIT
                     THIRD CALL FOR
               PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Tuesday, October 21, 2003,  9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location:   North East Systems Associates
            5 Lan Drive
            Westford, MA 01886

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
            Ideas.

Sponsors:   If your company would be interested in sponsoring this
            event, please contact Lynne Green <[email-masked]>.
            Sponsorship is available for the lunch and coffee breaks.
            Benefits to sponsors include formal recognition at the
            meeting and mention in the Calls for Papers and meeting
            minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
            thanks for your support.

PCB Design Conference East
            October 20 - 24, 2003
            Holiday Inn Boxborough 
            242 Adams Place 
            Boxborough, MA 01719 
            
            See <http://www.pcbeast.com/> for more information.

BACKGROUND

PCB East is the premier East Coast event dedicated exclusively
to PCB design and engineering professionals.  Topics of current
interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at PCB East.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an
electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued.
Any pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced at least
two weeks prior to the meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development,
and digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit
meeting. If you plan to participate, please register with the
information below:

   Name:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:
   Attending in Person?  Or by Phone?

Send to:
    Kathy Breda ([email-masked]).

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences
of interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these
have included demonstrations of modeling techniques, explanations
of behavioral algorithms and descriptions of difficulties
encountered in specific applications.  Of particular interest are
topics related to model correlation, modeling building experiences
and comparisons to other modeling methods.  Presentations may be
addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience, from beginning
to advanced.

Format of Presentation:  LCD Projection with Windows laptop.
Time:          15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival: We request electronic versions so that the
               presentations can be archived and also made
               available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
               the past have been text, Power Point, Word,
               Postscript, and Acrobat.  Electronic 
               presentations should be made available by
               October 14, 2003 for uploading and copying to
               the presentation laptop.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

   Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

   Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Lynne Green ([email-masked])

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and
a luncheon (which will be provided).  This will be developed
as presentation proposals are received.

The following individuals have signed up to present at the
summit (presentation titles are tentative).
* IBIS Chair's Report, Michael Mirmak (Intel Corp)
* IBIS Quality Update, Barry Katz/Bob Haller (SiSoft)
* ICM 1.0 Update, Michael Mirmak (Intel Corp)
* TBD (modeling), Tim Coyle (Sun)
* Ramp Keyword in IBIS 4.1, Lynne Green (Cadence Design Systems)

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

See <http://www.pcbeast.com/travel_info/> for travel directions,
hotels and other information.
- -----------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:06:13 -0400
From: Perry Qu <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] static/dynamic overshoot/undershoot definition

Hi,

Can someone let me know in IBIS spec, where the static/dynamic
overshoot/undershoot is defined ? At packaging pins or at die ?

Thanks

Perry

- --
Perry Qu

Design & Qualification       |      600 March Road
Alcatel Canada               |      Ottawa, ON K2K 2E6, Canada

DID: (613) 7846720           |      FAX: (613) 5993642

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:51:41 +0200
From: "Lior Dagan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Power clamp.

Hello, I have a question:
I wish to conduct power clamp simulation, and for making it simple, I'll do
a very small simulation:
VCC=2.7V
I have five sweep points:
0V, 1.35V, 2.7V, 4.05V 5.4V.
The results (current measures) are: 0 0 0 1.5e-06 5E-3
My question is:
Is the stimulus valid?
should the reults be in their values, or relative to vdd?
i.e. What should the section from the IBIS file look like?
0 0
1.350E+0 0
2.70E+0 0
4.050E+0 1.50E-6
5.40E0+0 5E-03
or:
- -2.70E+0 0
- -1.350E+0 0
2.70E+0 0
4.050E+0 1.50E-6
5.40E+0 5E-03
Thanks

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:12:33 -0700
From: "Tom Dagostino" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Power clamp.

Lior

It is hard to say if your results are valid without having an understanding
of the buffer in question.  These results could be reasonable but are not
common for most of the buffers I've worked with.

Your PowerClamp table should look like this assuming you are filling in the
typical parameters only in the model:

- -2.70    5E-3     NA  NA
- -1.35    1.5E-6  NA  NA
 0.00    0.00     NA  NA
 1.35    0.00     NA  NA
 2.70    0.00     NA  NA

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
2926 SE Yamhill St.                Device Modeling Division
Portland, OR 97214                 13610 SW Harness Lane
                                   Beaverton, OR 97008
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-430-1065
[email-masked]

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Lior Dagan
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 2:52 AM
To: Ibis-Users
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Power clamp.

Hello, I have a question:
I wish to conduct power clamp simulation, and for making it simple, I'll do
a very small simulation:
VCC=2.7V
I have five sweep points:
0V, 1.35V, 2.7V, 4.05V 5.4V.
The results (current measures) are: 0 0 0 1.5e-06 5E-3
My question is:
Is the stimulus valid?
should the reults be in their values, or relative to vdd?
i.e. What should the section from the IBIS file look like?
0 0
1.350E+0 0
2.70E+0 0
4.050E+0 1.50E-6
5.40E0+0 5E-03
or:
- -2.70E+0 0
- -1.350E+0 0
2.70E+0 0
4.050E+0 1.50E-6
5.40E+0 5E-03
Thanks

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:43:48 -0700
From: "Mirmak, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] Agenda, IBIS Open Forum Teleconference for October 3, 2003

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C383C7.3F92387D
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

                   IBIS Open Forum Meeting Agenda=20
                         for October 3, 2003=20
=20
              Bridge Number    Reservation #   Passcode=20
              1-916-356-2663        2          643-9661         =20
=20
 All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM US Pacific Time.  When calling=20
 into the meeting, provide the reservation number and passcode at=20
 the automated prompts.  If asked by an operator, please request=20
 to join the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Michael Mirmak.=20
=20
 For international calling information, please contact Michael Mirmak.
=20
 8:00 Check-In, Intros, Announcements                   Mirmak=20
=20
      - Intros of New Participants, Meeting Quorum      Mirmak=20
      - Call for Patents (IBIS 4.0, 4.1, ICM)           Mirmak=20
      - Membership Update and Treasurers Report         Mirmak=20
      - Review of Previous Meeting's Minutes (and ARs)  Mirmak=20
          September 12, 2003 Open Forum Minutes=20
      - Miscellany/Announcements                        All=20
      - Press & Web Page Updates                        Huq, All=20
      - New Models Available, Library Update            Leventhal=20
      - Opens for New Issues                            All=20
=20
 8:15 Administrative and Project Discussions=20
=20
      International/External Progress=20
      - IEC 62014-3 (ICEM) Integrated Circuits=20
        Electromagnetic Model Proposal (IEC 93/67/NP=20
        IBIS and EMC Simulation)                        Perrin/Peters
      - JEDEC Committee Report                          Green=20
=20
      PCB East Summit Planning                          Mirmak=20
=20
      DesignCon 2004 Summit Planning                    Mirmak=20
=20
      IBIS Version 4.0 Parser Status                    Mirmak/Peters
=20
      IBIS Quality Committee Report                     Katz/Green=20
=20
      IBIS Model Review Committee                       Green=20
=20
      S2IBIS3 Status                                    Varma/Ross=20
=20
      ICM Specification and Parser Status
Green/Mirmak/Ross
=20
      New Administrative Issues                         All=20
=20
 8:45 Technical Discussion=20
=20
      Driver Schedule Issue Update                      Muranyi=20
=20
      BIRD83: Series Element Clarification              Mirmak, All=20
=20
      IBIS Version 4.1 Discussion                       All=20
      - [Ramp]/C_comp BIRD status=20
=20
      IBISCHK4 Status                                   Ross/Angulo=20
=20
      BUG80 - [Model Selector] and [Diff Pin] Ordering  Angulo=20
      - Clarification BIRD required?=20
=20
      New Technical Issues                              All=20
=20
 9:50 Wrap Up and Next Meeting Plans                    Mirmak=20
=20
 9:55 Sign Off=20
=20
=20

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C383C7.3F92387D
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.0.6487.1">
<TITLE>Agenda, IBIS Open Forum Teleconference for October 3, =
2003</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS Open Forum Meeting Agenda =
</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp; for October 3, 2003 </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp; Bridge Number&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Reservation #&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Passcode </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp; 1-916-356-2663&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
643-9661&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;All meetings are 8:00 AM =
to 9:55 AM US Pacific Time.&nbsp; When calling </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;into the meeting, provide =
the reservation number and passcode at </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;the automated =
prompts.&nbsp; If asked by an operator, please request </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;to join the IBIS Open =
Forum hosted by Michael Mirmak. </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;For international calling =
information, please contact Michael Mirmak.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;8:00 Check-In, Intros, =
Announcements&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Intros of New Participants, Meeting Quorum&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Call for Patents (IBIS 4.0, 4.1, =
ICM)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak =
</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Membership Update and Treasurers =
Report&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Review of Previous Meeting's Minutes (and ARs)&nbsp; Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; September =
12, 2003 Open Forum Minutes </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Miscellany/Announcements&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Press &amp; Web Page =
Updates&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Huq, All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
New Models Available, Library =
Update&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Leventhal </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Opens for New =
Issues&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;8:15 Administrative and =
Project Discussions </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
International/External Progress </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
IEC 62014-3 (ICEM) Integrated Circuits </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Electromagnetic Model =
Proposal (IEC 93/67/NP </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier =
New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IBIS and EMC =
Simulation)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp; Perrin/Peters</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
JEDEC Committee =
Report&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp; Green </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
PCB East Summit =
Planning&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
DesignCon 2004 Summit =
Planning&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
IBIS Version 4.0 Parser =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak/Peters</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
IBIS Quality Committee =
Report&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Katz/Green </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
IBIS Model Review =
Committee&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Green </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
S2IBIS3 =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Varma/Ross </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
ICM Specification and Parser =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Green/Mirmak/Ross</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
New Administrative =
Issues&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp; All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;8:45 Technical Discussion =
</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Driver Schedule Issue =
Update&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Muranyi =
</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
BIRD83: Series Element =
Clarification&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak, All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
IBIS Version 4.1 =
Discussion&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
[Ramp]/C_comp BIRD status </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
IBISCHK4 =
Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Ross/Angulo </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
BUG80 - [Model Selector] and [Diff Pin] Ordering&nbsp; Angulo </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - =
Clarification BIRD required? </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
New Technical =
Issues&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;9:50 Wrap Up and Next =
Meeting =
Plans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mirmak </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;9:55 Sign Off </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New"></FONT>&nbsp;
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C383C7.3F92387D--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:57:05 +0530
From: lokprakash <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] series mosfer ibs model

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- --Boundary_(ID_EfDsSjMhoxfQ7h+l2OSElA)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Hi
could anyone here send me the series mosfet ibs model.

Thanks.

- --Boundary_(ID_EfDsSjMhoxfQ7h+l2OSElA)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>could anyone here send me the series mosfet ibs 
model.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- --Boundary_(ID_EfDsSjMhoxfQ7h+l2OSElA)--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:25:12 +0530
From: kesavp <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- --Boundary_(ID_I+J07l8dzJbwLIMT+hkL4w)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Hi IBIS experts,

I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.
 
Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for small step size other than default value.

Thanks,
Kesav.

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003

- --Boundary_(ID_I+J07l8dzJbwLIMT+hkL4w)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi IBIS experts,<BR><BR>I am interested to capture 
part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) range in 
small step size.<BR><BR>S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I 
would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.<BR> 
<BR>Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for small 
step size other than default value.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Kesav.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus 
Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A 
href="http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: 6.0.521 / 
Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- --Boundary_(ID_I+J07l8dzJbwLIMT+hkL4w)--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:20:21 -0400
From: "Ambrish Varma" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3861F.78AE1A90
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Kesav,
I am not sure if sweepstep is voltage dependant.
Should work for all curves.
- -Ambrish.
 
Ambrish K Varma
[email-masked]
North Carolina State University
ph(919)513-2015, fax(919)515-2285 
- -----Original Message-----
From: kesavp [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 12:10 AM
To: Ambrish Varma
Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum
 
Hi!
     Thanks for immediate reply.I have done for the ground clamp,but I
am not able to do for the Power clamp,Pullup,Pulldown,because of the
different voltages.Anyhave thanks for the reply.Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Regards,
Kesav.
- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: Ambrish Varma <mailto:[email-masked]>  
To: 'kesavp' <mailto:[email-masked]>  
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 9:23 AM
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum
 
Kesav,
I don't think that the spec recommends any specific step size.
To change the step size to a different value - alter  the
SWEEP_STEP_DEFAULT value in s2idflt.h file in the /src directory and
recompile the code.
 
Hope that helps.
- -Ambrish.
 
Ambrish K Varma
[email-masked]
North Carolina State University
ph(919)513-2015, fax(919)515-2285 
- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of kesavp
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 10:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum
 
Hi IBIS experts,

I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground
clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to
know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.

Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for
small step size other than default value.
 
Thanks,
Kesav.

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003

- ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3861F.78AE1A90
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<meta name=3DProgId content=3DWord.Document>
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10">
<meta name=3DOriginator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10">
<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:[email-masked]">
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"time"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"PersonName"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"date"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"PlaceType"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"PlaceName"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"place"/>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
  <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
 </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
  <w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
  <w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
  <w:EnvelopeVis/>
  <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]>
<style>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
</style>
<![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
	mso-font-charset:0;
	mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
	mso-font-pitch:variable;
	mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
p
	{mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Arial;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
	mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Arial;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
	mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
span.SpellE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-spl-e:yes;}
span.GramE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
- -->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
 /* Style Definitions */=20
 table.MsoNormalTable
	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin:0in;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
</style>
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body bgcolor=3Dwhite lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dblue =
style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DSpellE><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Kesav</span></fon=
t></span><font
size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>,<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I am not sure if <span =
class=3DSpellE>sweepstep</span>
is voltage dependant.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DGramE><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Should work for =
all
curves.</span></font></span><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p></o:p></span=
></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>-Ambrish.<o:p></o:p></span></font></=
p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<p><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>Ambrish K Varma<br>
[email-masked]<br>
</span></font><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy><span
  style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>North =
Carolina</span></font></st1:PlaceName><font
 size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> =
</span></font><st1:PlaceType><font
  size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>State</span></font=
></st1:PlaceType><font
 size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> =
</span></font><st1:PlaceType><font
  size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>University</span><=
/font></st1:PlaceType></st1:place><font
size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'><br>
ph(919)513-2015, fax(919)515-2285</span></font><font color=3Dnavy><span
style=3D'color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> </span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> kesavp
[mailto:[email-masked]<span class=3DGramE>] <br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent</span></b></span><b><span
style=3D'font-weight:bold'>:</span></b> </span></font><st1:date =
Month=3D"9" Day=3D"29"
Year=3D"2003"><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
 Tahoma'>Monday, September 29, 2003</span></font></st1:date><font =
size=3D2
face=3DTahoma><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'> =
</span></font><st1:time
Hour=3D"0" Minute=3D"10"><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:Tahoma'>12:10 AM</span></font></st1:time><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'><br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Ambrish Varma<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> Re: [IBIS-Users] =
query to
ibis forum</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Hi!</span></font><o:p></o:p>=
</p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Thanks
for&nbsp;immediate reply.I have done for the ground clamp,but I am not =
able to
do for the Power clamp,Pullup,Pulldown,because of the different
voltages.Anyhave thanks for&nbsp;the reply.Please keep in =
touch.</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Thanks,</span></font><o:p></=
o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Regards,</span></font><o:p><=
/o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Kesav.</span></font><o:p></o=
:p></p>

</div>

<blockquote style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid black =
1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 4.0pt;
margin-left:3.75pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5.0pt'=
>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>----- Original Message =
- ----- <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div style=3D'font-color:black'>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:.5in;background:#E4E4E4'><b><font size=3D2
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>From:</span=
></font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> <a
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" title=3D"[email-masked]">Ambrish =
Varma</a> <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>To:</span><=
/font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> <a
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
title=3D"[email-masked]">'kesavp'</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span=
></font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> </span></font><st1:date
Month=3D"9" Day=3D"29" Year=3D"2003"><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
 10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Monday, September 29, =
2003</span></font></st1:date><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> </span></font><st1:time
Hour=3D"9" Minute=3D"23"><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:Arial'>9:23 AM</span></font></st1:time><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p=
>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>Subject:</s=
pan></font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> RE:
[IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Kesav,<o:p></o:p>=
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I don&#8217;t =
think that
the spec recommends any specific step size.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>To change the =
step size
to a different value &#8211; alter<span =
style=3D'mso-spacerun:yes'>&nbsp; </span>the
SWEEP_STEP_DEFAULT value in s2idflt.h file in the /src directory and =
recompile
the code.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>=
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Hope that =
helps.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>-Ambrish.<o:p></o=
:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>=
</span></font></p>

<div>

<p style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3D"Times =
New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>Ambrish K =
Varma<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
</span></font><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy><span
  style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>North =
Carolina</span></font></st1:PlaceName><font
 size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> =
</span></font><st1:PlaceType><font
  size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>State</span></font=
></st1:PlaceType><font
 size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> =
</span></font><st1:PlaceType><font
  size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'>University</span><=
/font></st1:PlaceType></st1:place><font
size=3D2 color=3Dnavy><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'><br>
ph(919)513-2015, fax(919)515-2285</span></font><font color=3Dnavy><span
style=3D'color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> </span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
owner-</span></font><st1:PersonName><font
 size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>[email-masked]</span></=
font></st1:PersonName><font
size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>
[mailto:owner-</span></font><st1:PersonName><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
 =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>[email-masked]</span></=
font></st1:PersonName><font
size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>] <b><span
style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On Behalf Of </span></b>kesavp<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> =
</span></font><st1:date
Month=3D"9" Day=3D"28" Year=3D"2003"><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:
 10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>Sunday, September 28, =
2003</span></font></st1:date><font
size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'> </span></font><st1:time
Hour=3D"22" Minute=3D"55"><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:Tahoma'>10:55 PM</span></font></st1:time><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'><br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
</span></font><st1:PersonName><font
 size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>[email-masked]</span></=
font></st1:PersonName><font
size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'><br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> [IBIS-Users] =
query to
ibis forum</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Hi IBIS experts,<br>
<br>
I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground =
clamp
and power clamp) range in small step size.<br>
<br>
S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to =
know does
IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.<br>
<br>
Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for =
small
step size other than default value.</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Thanks,</span></font><o:p></=
o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Kesav.</span></font><o:p></o=
:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'><br>
- ---<br>
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<br>
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<a =
href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</a>).<br>
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: =
</span></font><st1:date
Month=3D"9" Day=3D"23" Year=3D"2003"><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
 =
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>9/23/2003</span></font></st1:date><o:p></o:p></=
p>

</div>

</blockquote>

</div>

</body>

</html>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3861F.78AE1A90--

|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:43:59 +0200
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
- --=_alternative 0040B02CC1256DB0_=
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hello Kesav,

I usually do all simulations "by hand". I simulate the curves using the 
circuit simulator and put the results in the IBIS file.

When using s2ibis you can look into the files it generates. There you will 
see a simulation file where the controlling source is defined. You can 
change this file and run it yourself with your simulator (Spectre/Spice).

I always look at the simulated curves and see where the steep parts are. 
And I also make an estimation where the normal operating area will be. In 
this part I take more simulation points.

Hope this helps.

With kind regards,
Erik.

Ir. Erik van der Ven
Room DB1032
Business Line Networking Infrastructure
Philips Semiconductors BV
Gerstweg 2
6534 AE Nijmegen
The Netherlands
Phone: +31-24-3534334

kesavp <[email-masked]>
Sent by: 
[email-masked]
09/29/03 04:55 AM

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc:     (bcc: Erik van der Ven/NYM/SC/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum
        Classification: 

Hi IBIS experts,

I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground 
clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to know 
does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.

Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for 
small step size other than default value.
 
Thanks,
Kesav.

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003

- --=_alternative 0040B02CC1256DB0_=
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Hello Kesav,</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I usually do all simulations &quot;by hand&quot;. I simulate the curves using the circuit simulator and put the results in the IBIS file.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">When using s2ibis you can look into the files it generates. There you will see a simulation file where the controlling source is defined. You can change this file and run it yourself with your simulator (Spectre/Spice).</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I always look at the simulated curves and see where the steep parts are. And I also make an estimation where the normal operating area will be. In this part I take more simulation points.</font>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Hope this helps.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">With kind regards,</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Erik.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Ir. Erik van der Ven<br>
Room DB1032<br>
Business Line Networking Infrastructure<br>
Philips Semiconductors BV<br>
Gerstweg 2<br>
6534 AE Nijmegen<br>
The Netherlands<br>
Phone: +31-24-3534334</font>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<table width=100%>
<tr valign=top>
<td>
<td>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif"><b>kesavp &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</b></font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Sent by: </font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">[email-masked]</font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">09/29/03 04:55 AM</font>
<br>
<td><font size=1 face="Arial">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; </font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; To: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[email-masked]</font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; cc: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;(bcc: Erik van der Ven/NYM/SC/PHILIPS)</font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Subject: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum</font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Classification: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</font>
<br></table>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Hi IBIS experts,<br>
<br>
I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.<br>
<br>
S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.<br>
<br>
Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for small step size other than default value.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Thanks,</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Kesav.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial"><br>
- ---<br>
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<br>
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (</font><a href=http://www.grisoft.com/><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial"><u>http://www.grisoft.com</u></font></a><font size=2 face="Arial">).<br>
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003</font>
<br>
<br>
- --=_alternative 0040B02CC1256DB0_=--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:59:08 -0700
From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C386A2.9DC149A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Kesav,
=20
IBIS doesn't specify or recommend any voltage or time step size
for the tables.  You need to decide on that for yourself.
=20
However, note that you do not have to evenly space the points
along the x-axis in the tables.  This is useful for making
smaller step sizes in the regions where your curves change
fast.
=20
Be careful when you use s2ibis, if I am not mistake, it can
only give you evenly spaced x-axis for the tables.
=20
Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=20
=20
- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On =
Behalf Of kesavp
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

Hi IBIS experts,

I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground =
clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to =
know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.

Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for =
small step size other than default value.
=20
Thanks,
Kesav.
=20

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system ( http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C386A2.9DC149A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2>Kesav,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>IBIS doesn't=20
specify or recommend any voltage or time step size</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>for the=20
tables.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT=20
face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>You need to decide on that for=20
yourself.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>However,=20
note that you do not have to evenly space the points</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>along the=20
x-axis in the tables.&nbsp; This is useful for =
making</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>smaller step=20
sizes in the regions where your curves change</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2>fast.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003></SPAN><SPAN =
class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT=20
face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>Be careful=20
when you use s2ibis, if I am not mistake, it can</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"><FONT size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D031415815-29092003>only=20
</SPAN><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003>give you evenly spaced x-axis =
for the=20
tables.</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"><FONT size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D031415815-29092003></SPAN></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"><FONT size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D031415815-29092003>Arpad=20
Muranyi</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"><FONT size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D031415815-29092003>Intel=20
Corporation</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"><FONT size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D031415815-29092003>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</SPAN></F=
ONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031415815-29092003><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
[email-masked]=20
[mailto:[email-masked]]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>kesavp<BR><B>Sent:</B>=20
Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
[email-masked]<BR><B>Subject:</B> [IBIS-Users] query to ibis=20
forum<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi IBIS experts,<BR><BR>I am interested =
to capture=20
part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) =
range in=20
small step size.<BR><BR>S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step =
size. I=20
would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step=20
size.<BR><BR>Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI =
curves=20
for small step size other than default value.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kesav.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified =
Virus=20
Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A=20
href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: =
6.0.521 /=20
Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C386A2.9DC149A0--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:28:56 -0400
From: "Lynne Green" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

Hello, Kesav,

You can simulate  more points (1000-2000 points usually works well) and
then pick the best points based on value of the second derivative (more
points at rapidly changing slope).

This algorithm has been incorporated in a number of tools, including
SpecctraQuest/Model Integrity from Cadence.

Best regards,
Lynne

Dr. Lynne Green
Senior Member of Consulting Staff
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.

"All the world's an analog stage, whereon digital plays bit parts."
Fred Field, Hughes Aircraft

- -----Original Message-----
From: kesavp [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

Hi IBIS experts,

I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground
clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to
know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.

Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for
small step size other than default value.

Thanks,
Kesav.

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:23:26 +0530
From: kesavp <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- --Boundary_(ID_T3RegocI6TGNktKEtYy6sQ)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Hi Arpad/Eric,

               Thank you for your suggestion. I changed the step size manually at the region of fast rate of change in the ground clamp curves maintaining the step sizes same for all the process corners (as mentioned by Erik), it is working fine. 

However when I tried the same on power clamp curves the s2ibis2 did not read the power clamp data. This may have happened as the sweep ranges for different process corners are different and the step sizes varies for different process corners though I am maintaining the same step size at the region of fast rate of change, but the extreme values of voltages change hence in order to cover +Vcc to +2Vcc range for each process corner I had to give different step sizes. May be because of this s2ibis2 may not be finding the voltage ranges with the same step size  (common for all the three process corners). 

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.

Thanking you,
- --Kesav.

- ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Muranyi, Arpad 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 9:29 PM
  Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

  Kesav,
   
  IBIS doesn't specify or recommend any voltage or time step size
  for the tables.  You need to decide on that for yourself.
   
  However, note that you do not have to evenly space the points
  along the x-axis in the tables.  This is useful for making
  smaller step sizes in the regions where your curves change
  fast.
   
  Be careful when you use s2ibis, if I am not mistake, it can
  only give you evenly spaced x-axis for the tables.
   
  Arpad Muranyi
  Intel Corporation
  ==============================================================

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of kesavp
  Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

  Hi IBIS experts,

  I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

  S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.

  Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for small step size other than default value.

  Thanks,
  Kesav.

  ---
  Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
  Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003

- --Boundary_(ID_T3RegocI6TGNktKEtYy6sQ)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi Arpad/Eric,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial 
size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
Thank you for your suggestion. I&nbsp;changed the step size manually at the 
region of fast rate of change in the ground clamp curves maintaining the step 
sizes same for all the process corners (as mentioned by Erik), it is working 
fine. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>However when I tried the same on power clamp curves 
the s2ibis2 did not read the power clamp data. This may have happened as the 
sweep ranges for different process corners are different and the step sizes 
varies for different process corners though I am maintaining the same step 
size&nbsp;at the region of fast rate of change, but the extreme&nbsp;values of 
voltages change hence in order to cover +Vcc to +2Vcc range for each process 
corner I had to give different step sizes.&nbsp;May be because of 
this&nbsp;s2ibis2 may not be finding the&nbsp;voltage ranges&nbsp;with the same 
step size  (common for all the three process corners). </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Any suggestions on how to overcome this 
problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanking you,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>--Kesav.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE 
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV 
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> 
  <A href="mailto:[email-masked]" 
  title=[email-masked]>Muranyi, Arpad</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A href="mailto:[email-masked]" 
  title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 29, 2003 9:29 
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis 
  forum</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2>Kesav,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>IBIS 
  doesn't specify or recommend any voltage or time step size</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>for the 
  tables.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT 
  face="Courier New" size=2>You need to decide on that for 
  yourself.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>However, 
  note that you do not have to evenly space the points</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>along the 
  x-axis in the tables.&nbsp; This is useful for making</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>smaller 
  step sizes in the regions where your curves change</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2>fast.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003></SPAN><SPAN 
  class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Be careful 
  when you use s2ibis, if I am not mistake, it can</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT size=2><SPAN class=031415815-29092003>only 
  </SPAN><SPAN class=031415815-29092003>give you evenly spaced x-axis for the 
  tables.</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT size=2><SPAN 
  class=031415815-29092003></SPAN></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT size=2><SPAN 
  class=031415815-29092003>Arpad Muranyi</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT size=2><SPAN 
  class=031415815-29092003>Intel Corporation</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT size=2><SPAN 
  class=031415815-29092003>==============================================================</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=031415815-29092003><FONT face="Courier New" 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV align=left class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> [email-masked] 
  [mailto:[email-masked]]<B>On Behalf Of </B>kesavp<BR><B>Sent:</B> 
  Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  [email-masked]<BR><B>Subject:</B> [IBIS-Users] query to ibis 
  forum<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi IBIS experts,<BR><BR>I am interested to 
  capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) 
  range in small step size.<BR><BR>S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V 
  step size. I would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step 
  size.<BR><BR>Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves 
  for small step size other than default value.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Kesav.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus 
  Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A 
  href="http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: 6.0.521 
  / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 
9/23/2003</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- --Boundary_(ID_T3RegocI6TGNktKEtYy6sQ)--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:13:26 +0200
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
- --=_alternative 0027EBB5C1256DB1_=
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hello Kesav,

I am not sure if I understand your problem. Are you using different time 
steps for your min/typ/max tables? These values have to be put into one 
table with a common "x-axis" (sweep range). So the time steps cannot be 
different. I can understand that s2ibis is not ables to put these data 
into one table in this case.

So I suggest that you find a region that covers the fast regions of all 
three curves where you increase the datapoint density to a suitable value.

With kind regards,
Erik.

Ir. Erik van der Ven
Room DB1032
Business Line Networking Infrastructure
Philips Semiconductors BV
Gerstweg 2
6534 AE Nijmegen
The Netherlands
Phone: +31-24-3534334

kesavp <[email-masked]>
Sent by: 
[email-masked]
09/30/03 06:53 AM

        To:     "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Erik van der Ven/NYM/SC/PHILIPS@EMEA2
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        Re: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum
        Classification: 

Hi Arpad/Eric,
 
               Thank you for your suggestion. I changed the step size 
manually at the region of fast rate of change in the ground clamp curves 
maintaining the step sizes same for all the process corners (as mentioned 
by Erik), it is working fine. 
 
However when I tried the same on power clamp curves the s2ibis2 did not 
read the power clamp data. This may have happened as the sweep ranges for 
different process corners are different and the step sizes varies for 
different process corners though I am maintaining the same step size at 
the region of fast rate of change, but the extreme values of voltages 
change hence in order to cover +Vcc to +2Vcc range for each process corner 
I had to give different step sizes. May be because of this s2ibis2 may not 
be finding the voltage ranges with the same step size (common for all the 
three process corners). 
 
Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.
 
Thanking you,
- --Kesav.

- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: Muranyi, Arpad 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 9:29 PM
Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

Kesav,
 
IBIS doesn't specify or recommend any voltage or time step size
for the tables.  You need to decide on that for yourself.
 
However, note that you do not have to evenly space the points
along the x-axis in the tables.  This is useful for making
smaller step sizes in the regions where your curves change
fast.
 
Be careful when you use s2ibis, if I am not mistake, it can
only give you evenly spaced x-axis for the tables.
 
Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
==============================================================

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of kesavp
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum

Hi IBIS experts,

I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground 
clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.

S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to know 
does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.

Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for 
small step size other than default value.
 
Thanks,
Kesav.

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003

- --=_alternative 0027EBB5C1256DB1_=
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Hello Kesav,</font>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am not sure if I understand your problem. Are you using different time steps for your min/typ/max tables? These values have to be put into one table with a common &quot;x-axis&quot; (sweep range). So the time steps cannot be different. I can understand that s2ibis is not ables to put these data into one table in this case.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So I suggest that you find a region that covers the fast regions of all three curves where you increase the datapoint density to a suitable value.</font>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">With kind regards,</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Erik.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Ir. Erik van der Ven<br>
Room DB1032<br>
Business Line Networking Infrastructure<br>
Philips Semiconductors BV<br>
Gerstweg 2<br>
6534 AE Nijmegen<br>
The Netherlands<br>
Phone: +31-24-3534334</font>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<table width=100%>
<tr valign=top>
<td>
<td>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif"><b>kesavp &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</b></font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Sent by: </font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">[email-masked]</font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">09/30/03 06:53 AM</font>
<br>
<td><font size=1 face="Arial">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; </font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; To: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&quot;Muranyi, Arpad&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Erik van der Ven/NYM/SC/PHILIPS@EMEA2</font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; cc: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[email-masked]</font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Subject: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Re: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum</font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Classification: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</font>
<br></table>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Hi Arpad/Eric,</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Thank you for your suggestion. I changed the step size manually at the region of fast rate of change in the ground clamp curves maintaining the step sizes same for all the process corners (as mentioned by Erik), it is working fine. </font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">However when I tried the same on power clamp curves the s2ibis2 did not read the power clamp data. This may have happened as the sweep ranges for different process corners are different and the step sizes varies for different process corners though I am maintaining the same step size at the region of fast rate of change, but the extreme values of voltages change hence in order to cover +Vcc to +2Vcc range for each process corner I had to give different step sizes. May be because of this s2ibis2 may not be finding the voltage ranges with the same step size (common for all the three process corners). </font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Thanking you,</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">--Kesav.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">----- Original Message ----- </font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"><b>From:</b> </font><a href=mailto:[email-masked]><font size=3 color=blue face="Times New Roman"><u>Muranyi, Arpad</u></font></a><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"><b>To:</b> </font><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"><font size=3 color=blue face="Times New Roman"><u>[email-masked]</u></font></a><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"><b>Sent:</b> Monday, September 29, 2003 9:29 PM</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"><b>Subject:</b> RE: [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">Kesav,</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">IBIS doesn't specify or recommend any voltage or time step size</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">for the tables. &nbsp;You need to decide on that for yourself.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">However, note that you do not have to evenly space the points</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">along the x-axis in the tables. &nbsp;This is useful for making</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">smaller step sizes in the regions where your curves change</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">fast.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">Be careful when you use s2ibis, if I am not mistake, it can</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">only give you evenly spaced x-axis for the tables.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">Arpad Muranyi</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">Intel Corporation</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Courier New">==============================================================</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Tahoma">-----Original Message-----<b><br>
From:</b> [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]<b>On Behalf Of </b>kesavp<b><br>
Sent:</b> Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:55 PM<b><br>
To:</b> [email-masked]<b><br>
Subject:</b> [IBIS-Users] query to ibis forum<br>
</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Hi IBIS experts,<br>
<br>
I am interested to capture part of the VI curve (pullup,pulldown, ground clamp and power clamp) range in small step size.<br>
<br>
S2IBIS tool by default takes 0.05 or 0.1 V step size. I would like to know does IBIS spec recommends any specific step size.<br>
<br>
Could any one please let me know how to go about making VI curves for small step size other than default value.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Thanks,</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial">Kesav.</font>
<br><font size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Arial"><br>
- ---<br>
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<br>
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (</font><a href=http://www.grisoft.com/><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial"><u>http://www.grisoft.com</u></font></a><font size=2 face="Arial">).<br>
Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003</font>
<br>
<br>
- --=_alternative 0027EBB5C1256DB1_=--
|------------------------------------------------------------------
|For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, email [email-masked]
|with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
|
|  help
|  subscribe   ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  subscribe   ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis       <optional e-mail address, if different>
|  unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
|
|or email a written request to [email-masked].
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:
|
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/  Recent
|  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/          E-mail since 1993

------------------------------

End of ibis-users V1 #31
************************