Subject: programmable buffer

From: Dimitry Aizenstat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:40:27 +0200

Hi,
I work on IBIS model creation and in some pins there are two
(or more) possible operation modes in each one the strength of
the I/O buffer is different (it is a case of programmable buffer).
I make IBIS via hspice simulation & s2ibis,so actually I get
more than one simulation for this kind of buffer.
What is the right way insert this data to *.ibs file? The pin number,
of course, is unique, so there is a little problem here.
Thank you for your help. 
Regards,
          Dmitry

 +---------------------------------------------------------+
 | Dmitry Aizenshtat         Circuit Design Engineer, NSTA | 
 | Tel : 972-9-9702-018               Fax : 972-9-9702-001 |
 | mailto:[email-masked]                            |
 +---------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Scott McMorrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:25:49 -0700

Dimitry,

You should use the [Model Selector] keyword
from the IBIS 3.2 specification. This allows the pins of
the device to point to a Model Selector, which then contains
the list of buffers that can be programmed.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow
Principal Engineer
SiQual, Signal Quality Engineering
18735 SW Boones Ferry Road
Tualatin, OR  97062-3090
(503) 885-1231
http://www.siqual.com