Subject: Making IBIS models of ECL devices

From: "Muhammad S. Sagarwala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:37:25 -0700

Hello

My name is Muhammad.  I have been trying to make Ibis models for a few
Motorola ECL devices using the Spice Development Kit
on the motorola web site.  These are differential devices having
differential inputs and outputs.  

While generating the data for the power and ground clamp for input side, I
connected one input to VBB as described in the spice development kit and
connected
the other input to the swept voltage source.   The VBB as specified in the
spice development kit is -1.325 (assuming VCC=0 and VEE=-5.2). Since I am
using VCC=2 and VEE=-3.2, I changed the value of VBB to 0.675.  Is this the
right thing to do or am I overlooking something???

Secondly, I was trying to generate the VT curves for the output.  The
Motorola device is a Fanout Buffer.  I don't know what input should I
provide to the input of the output
buffer.  Can I use a generic pulse signal with a risetime that would be
close to the real signal or should I change/degrade the risetime.  Does
anybody have any idea...

I would really appreiciate if somebody could help me out with this...

Cheers,

Muhammad