Subject: waveform correlation calculator

From: "Gregory R Edlund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:41:18 -0600

I have written a C program that is useful for overlaying two waveforms and
quantifying the differences between them.  The program reads two ASCII x-y
data files, slides the waveforms along the time axis until they overlay,
then examines the absolute and relative differences between each data
point.  This is pretty useful when doing I/O buffer model development work
or any simulation vs. lab correlation.

You can get a copy of the C code along with a user guide on the IBIS web
site.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/accuracy/

The files are ack.zip and ack.tar.Z.  Instructions for compiling are in the
readme.txt file.  Don't worry about the disclaimer; I got approval from
IBM's lawyers to distribute this source code as freeware.  Hack to your
heart's content.

I tested the code when I wrote the I/O buffer accuracy report on the same
web site.  It worked fine for me, but that's not to say you won't find some
pathological cases that I haven't stumbled upon yet.  If you do, please let
me know so I can improve the algorithm.

Merry Christmas.

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer
Electrical Packaging
IBM Server Technology Development
3605 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
[email-masked]