Subject: Merging modes

From: Jerry Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 14:23:24 -0400

I have an I/O where the output PFET is switching when used
as a driver, however it acts as a fixed termination impedance
when used as a receiver.  I created two modes of operation
where one mode models the I/O as an output and the 
characteristics of the PFET reside in the [Pullup] table and
another mode that models the I/O as a input where I combined
the characteristics of the PFET termination with the power 
clamp in the [Power_Clamp] table.  This worked ... however the
customer views this as unacceptable because they have to change 
model assignments between driver and receiver modes and is
requesting that I merge these modes into one mode using the
I/O model type.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jerry

---

From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:10:07 -0700

Yes.  Use the dynamic clamp submodel without pulse
table which makes it static, and specify non-driver mode.
Then copy your I-V curve (pd or pu) into the submodel
as a clamp curve.  This will do what you need, and is
legal in terms of the spec.

Arpad
========================================================

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Hayes [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 11:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Merging modes 

Thanks,
Jerry