Subject: RE: About relationshipp between R_pkg,C_pkg,L_pkg and R_dut, C_du t, L_dut

From: "Peters, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:41:38 -0700

Greetings:
 
  the R_pkg, C_pkg and L_pkg values are used to specify the minimum and
maximum values of the pin resistance, capacitance and inductance for the
entire package. These values appear under the [Package] keyword.  The R_dut,
C_dut and L_dut only represent the electrical characteristics of the pin
used when gathering data for the [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform]
keywords.  The 'dut' in R_dut etc. means 'device under test'.
 
(Please note that it is recomended to gather the data in the waveform tables
with R_dut, C_dut and L_dut set to zero).
 
  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hailong Wang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 7:42 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: About relationshipp between R_pkg,C_pkg,L_pkg and R_dut, C_dut,
L_dut

Hi, 
    I found that the R_pkg,C_pkg,L_pkg and R_dut, C_dut, L_dut have the very
similar functions. But form the IBIS Specification V3.2, I found they are
different. So I am confused, and want to the relationship between them. 

Thanks in advance! 

-- 

Best Regards.

Hai-long Wang

Tel:021-62837026x228

Avant! Shanghai R&D Center,  16th Floor, SunTong InfoPort Plaza

No.55, West Huaihai Road, Shanghai, 200030, P.R.China