Subject: PCI and IBIS

From: Syed Huq <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:32:09 -0800 (PST)

IBISgurus:

The PCI spec mentions of multiple Vmeas data points based on Rising edge
or Falling edge. Since IBIS has only one Vmeas for any Output/I_O etc, how
does the model provider spec the PCI Vmeas values ?

Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc

---

From: "Haller, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:20:52 -0500

Syed,
	I have seen model providers pick one of the Vmeas data points
(rising edge) then insert as a comment the falling edge. It is left 
up the the user to figure out what to do next.

Some tools,  SQ for instance allows you to insert the resultant time 
point into a translated model. With a little manual intervention this
PCI spec problem is handled. A better approach would change IBIS  
to accept rising and fallig data. Othewise change the PCI spec :-)
Another capability I would suggest adding to IBIS, is the capability 
for Fast and Slow Vmeas. This will be useful for HSTL.

Regards,
Bob

Bob HAller
Cereva Networks 

-----Original Message-----
From: Syed Huq [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 12:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PCI and IBIS

IBISgurus:

Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc