Subject: Lack of Manufacturer keyword

From: Scott McMorrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:44:02 -0700

All,

I do not like the dual purpose use of the [Source] keyword.  It is used to record the manufacturer's name, and the place and method
from whence the model was created.  This mixes two pieces of information that are both useful.  I  propose addition of another
keyword:

[Part Manufacturer] which can be used to contain the name of the manufacturer of the part.  This will make it very easy to search
for manufacturers in a database of connector models and makes the manufacturer of the part unambiguous.

[Source] then becomes the source of the information for extraction, which might also be some person or organization other than the
connector manufacturer.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow
Principal Engineer
SiQual, Signal Quality Engineering
18735 SW Boones Ferry Road
Tualatin, OR  97062-3090
(503) 885-1231
http://www.siqual.com

---

From: "Peters, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:16:19 -0700

Hi Scott:

  There is a [Manufacture] keyword in the document (see the top of page 10)
and it does as you propose.  You are correct in that the [Source] keyword
should be used only to record the originating source (place and method of
extraction) of the model data.  Note that the wording describing the
[Source] keyword is different than that in the IBIS-X spec.  I'm working
with Gus to clean this up.

  Thanks,
  Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott McMorrow [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 9:44 AM
To: ibis
Subject: Lack of Manufacturer keyword

All,

I do not like the dual purpose use of the [Source] keyword.  It is used to
record the manufacturer's name, and the place and method
from whence the model was created.  This mixes two pieces of information
that are both useful.  I  propose addition of another
keyword:

[Part Manufacturer] which can be used to contain the name of the
manufacturer of the part.  This will make it very easy to search
for manufacturers in a database of connector models and makes the
manufacturer of the part unambiguous.

[Source] then becomes the source of the information for extraction, which
might also be some person or organization other than the
connector manufacturer.

regards,

scott