Subject: Introduction to IBIS Models

From: "Mohan, Prabhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:54:35 -0700

Hi all,

Is this document (Introduction to IBIS Models) still available from IBIS
website or elsewhere?  Is there any other document that deals with "How to
obtain c_comp?"

Thanks
Prabhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Luk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 11:33 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: measuring c_comp using simulation

Hi,
 
In Arpad Muranyi's "Introduction to IBIS Models" (available from IBIS
website), there was a sample Spice netlist for a simulation to obtain the
value of c_comp.  When I used this simulation for my buffer, the capacitance
ranged from 2pF to 8pF, with a mean of 5pF.  In the example, the range was
only between 2 to 3pF.  Should the mean value for the simulated capacitance
be used?    What about obtaining min and max values for c_comp?
 
I would really appreciate any feedback.  I have attached the sample Spice
file for reference.
 
Thanks very much,
Betty

---

From: Abdulrahman Rafiq <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 17:15:06 -0700

Prabhu,

You can find a number of ducments here :

http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis.htm

"Mohan, Prabhu" wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                  Name: c_meter.sp
>    c_meter.sp    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>              Encoding: quoted-printable

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------          -             -          |
| Abdulrahman A. Rafiq (AKA Abbey)   |         ---           ---         |
| Hardware Engineer                  |       -------        ------       |
| ISBU, Cisco Systems, Inc.          |     -----------    ----------     |
--------------------------------------   ------------------------------  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------