Subject: Re: Differential output buffers

From: Syed Huq <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

If you can run a SPICE simulation for a Diff output, you can use s2ibis2 to do 
the translation. Even if s2ibis2 does not support a specific keyword to achieve 
this, you can put all the necessary SPICE syntax in the .sp file or even in
the .spi file generated by s2ibis2 to handle it.

It just takes a little bit more of an effort.

BTW, s2ibis2 was written to support IBISv2.1 which has poor support for any
type of Diff Outputs.

Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc

> From: "Bill Clifford" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Differential output buffers
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:40:21 -0700
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
> 
> Hello.  I'm trying to convert a SPICE model of a differential output buffer to 
an IBIS model.  I've been using s2ibis2 for other models, but this doesn't work 
for the differential.  What other tools are available that would be able to do 
this?  Or do I just have to process the SPICE data myself into the IBIS format?  
Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
> Bill Clifford

---

From: "Bill Clifford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:23:35 -0700

Syed,

Thanks for the quick response.  Are there other tools out there that support
IBIS v3.2 which would be better for the differential?  Also, I misstated my
initial question.  I'm really interested in differential devices in general,
drivers and receivers.  I was able to at least get some results for a driver
using s2ibis2, although not very good ones.  But for the receiver I don't
see how it can work, because s2ibis2 only gives one input pulse.

Thanks again for any help you can give me on this.  I hope these questions
aren't too trivial, while I'm familiar with using IBIS models, I'm new to
actually trying to make my own.  I really appreciate the assistance.

Regards,
Bill Clifford