Subject: IBIS-X spec rev 0.6 now available

From: "Peters, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:05:52 -0700

Greetings:

  An updated copy of the IBIS-X specification is now available on the IBIS
web site.

   http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/futures/

  This revision (rev 0.6a) has been updated (from rev 5.0) as follows:

  -- Added description of "class name" selector ([Model Selector] keyword)
and updated 
      keyword tree
  -- Moved revision history to just after the TOC and renumbered sections
  -- Corrected argument and description of [End] keyword.
  -- Editorial/typo corrections, including replacing occurrences of "CAE"
with "EDA"

  The IBIS-X document will be discussed and reviewed at Thursday's IBIS Open
Forum meeting at DAC in Las Vegas.  Note that if you are planning on
attending the summit, only a limited number of copies will be available at
the meeting, so download a copy to take with you.

  In addition to the IBIS-X specification, the working draft version of the
IBIS-ML Language Reference Manual (LRM) is available for download.  Note
that only sections 7 and 8 of the LRM have been reviewed by the IBIS futures
working group, and the document has a number of editorial and format issues.
In other words, this document is very much a work in progress, and is being
made available only to aid the IBIS-X discussion.  A much more complete
version of the LRM will be available after the summit.

  I'd also like to take this opportunity to extend a public thank you to the
members of the IBIS futures group for their hard work in making the IBIS-X
spec a reality.  Great job, folks! 

  Best Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, IBIS Futures Working Group