Subject: I'm concern of IBIS model...

From: 최무열 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:50:52 +0900

Hello,

My name is Moo-yeul Choi and I'm a gradute student of Kyungpook National University, Korea.
I am concerned of IBIS to Spice(for convinence of spice simulation for digital chip) and have studied a few months on the basis of this IBIS forum.
Well, the meanings of DUT(R_dut, L_dut, C_dut) is not clear to me and I don't understand the difference of PKG and DUT.
Please send your opinion to me for this question.
Please do  me a favor and I am looking foward to your reply.
Have a nice  day.

Best regards,
Moo-yeul Choi
graduate student of KNU

---

From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:22:13 -0500

The expression "DUT" is an acronym that means "device under test" and is
frequently used by test engineers.  But this probably has only little
relevance to your question.

R_pkg, L_pkg, and C_pkg are the actual parameters of the IC package that the
customer gets with his IC.  But some of the measurements that become part of
the IBIS data sheet are done with no IC package or perhaps with a different
package.

R_dut, L_dut, and C_dut are sub-parameters of the [Rising Waveform] and
[Falling Waveform] sections.  They are the values of package resistance,
inductance, and capacitance used when these waveforms were measured, and
should usually be zero, that is, the measurements are best done on a die
alone without an IC package.  If these waveforms were measured with the
normal package, then R_dut, L_dut, and C_dut would equal R_pkg, L_pkg, and
C_pkg respectively.

Andy