Subject: RE: Rise and Fall times in IBIS

From: "Peters, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 16:41:11 -0800

Hi Prasad:

  The dv/dt_r and dv/dt_f values are taken with a pure resistive load.
C_comp
is included in the circuit (it is unavoidable), but there should be no Cref.

  By the way, the same rules also apply when taking the [Rising Waveform]
and [Falling Waveform] data.

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasad Rau [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 4:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Rise and Fall times in IBIS

Hi,

I have a question regarding the dv/dt_r and dv/dt_f  values that IBIS
reports.
It is unclear to me whether IBIS models an unloaded buffer in
determining these
values or it simulates using  Cref capacitance value to determine
values for dv/dt_r and dv/dt_f. It was not obvious to me from the IBIS
documentation.

Appreciate any feedback I can get in this regard.

Thanks,

Prasad Rau