Subject: Draft IBIS-X spec now available

From: "Peters, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:00:05 -0700

Greetings:

   A draft version (ver. 0.5) of the top level IBIS-X specification is now
available for public comment :

     http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/futures/

IBIS-X is the next generation IBIS, intended to address the shortcomings of
the current EIA/IBIS-656 specification (IBIS ver. 3.2).  Specifically,
IBIS-X introduces a 'macro language' (IBIS-ML) that allows the user to
create new model prototype as well as nodal based package models.  Please
note that the above document contains the specification for the IBIS-X
header, component and package sections and general mechanisms for defining
new models and model types only.  Two other documents are in the works -- a
rewrite of the current IBIS 3.2 [Models] section into a library guide as
well as a formal specification of the IBIS-ML macro language.  The IBIS-ML
specification will be available in time for the June IBIS Open Forum Summit
at DAC (July 21st). 

Please address all questions, comments, suggestions, etc. to
[email-masked] (IBIS Futures committee chair).

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.
  Vice-Chair, EIA/IBIS Open Forum