Subject: golden parser

From: "Linda Echo-Hawk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:05:45 -0600

Can you tell me if you plan to enhance the golden parser to accept the
longer filenames (20 character basename plus .ibs) supported in Version
3.2?  I just downloaded the latest ibischk3 (V3.2.7) but it complains
about name lengths longer than 12.

Thanks --
Linda Echo-Hawk

---

From: Bob Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:31:11 -0700

Linda:

If the file is given 

  [IBIS Ver] 3.2

no errors should be issued.

However, if the file is given

  [IBIS Ver] 2.1

or below, you will get the name length error.

IBIS Version 2.1 files still have the 12 character
total name length restriction.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics