Subject: RE: GND/PWR Clamp Data Collection

From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:03:09 -0700

Adam,

The buffers should be 3-stated when measuring clamps.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
=====================================================

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 6:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: GND/PWR Clamp Data Collection

Hello All,

I have noticed slight differences in ground clamp curves for 3-state
buffers dependent on whether the data was gathered when the device is
driven high or low ( output hi-Z ).  I have found the same to be true for
power clamp curves.  Should this be of concern?  I have not found a
standard in the Cookbook or the Spec with regard to whether the device
should be driven high or low when GND and PWR clamp curves are gained.  Is
there a standard?

Thanks,
Adam Tambone