Subject: RE: GND/PWR Clamp Data Collection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:32:48 -0400

Forgot to copy the list with the below response...  thanks for the replies
I have received.

Adam

---------------------- Forwarded by Adam Tambone/SouthPortland/Fairchild on
10/23/2001 12:29 PM ---------------------------

Adam Tambone
10/23/2001 11:27 AM

To:   "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  RE: GND/PWR Clamp Data Collection  (Document link: Adam Tambone)

Hello again,  yes the buffer is three stated, but there is a slight
difference in the gnd/pwr clamp data dependent upon what source if any is
placed on the input pin.  For instance, I have found that the gnd/pwr clamp
data is slightly different in each case where the input is hi, lo, or
floating.  The differences are small enough such that it is probably
inconsequential, just thought someone would have an opinion.

Adam

"Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>@eda.org on 10/23/2001 11:03:09
AM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  RE: GND/PWR Clamp Data Collection

Adam,

The buffers should be 3-stated when measuring clamps.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
=====================================================

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 6:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: GND/PWR Clamp Data Collection

Hello All,

I have noticed slight differences in ground clamp curves for 3-state
buffers dependent on whether the data was gathered when the device is
driven high or low ( output hi-Z ).  I have found the same to be true for
power clamp curves.  Should this be of concern?  I have not found a
standard in the Cookbook or the Spec with regard to whether the device
should be driven high or low when GND and PWR clamp curves are gained.  Is
there a standard?

Thanks,
Adam Tambone