Subject: IBIS USERS REFLECTOR

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 95 13:37 PST

Hello:

This is being sent out to all IBIS reflector members and also to the
SI reflector.

In response to IBIS reflector discussions, a new IBIS reflector focusing
on USER concerns is now active.  MEMBERS OF THE [email-masked] REFLECTOR
ARE ALSO MEMBERS OF [email-masked].  Thus all existing IBIS reflector
participants are receiving this message.  At this time, both lists have
about 225 members world-wide.

The existing IBIS reflector will continue to focus on the IBIS OPEN 
FORUM administrative issues, continued formalization of EIA-656 through
ANSI and international processes, and technical discussions with respect
to proposed enhancements.  EIA-IBIS Open Forum Membership activities will
continue to be on this reflector.

Topics for [email-masked] reflector:

  Meeting Agendas
  Meeting Minutes
  Face-to-Face Meeting Planning
  Standards Processing and Voting
  BIRD Proposals and Discussions and Voting
  Future Standards Development Activities
  Utilities Development Discussions
  Other Administrative Issues with EIA, vhdl.org

The IBIS USERS reflector will be a new forum to pursue IBIS modeling issues
from a model developer and user's perspective.

Topics for [email-masked] reflector:

  Technical Questions on IBIS
  Technical Questions on s2ibis utilities and Usage (Spice to IBIS)
  Spice vs IBIS Comparisons and Issues
  Test Suite Development
  Measurement to IBIS Questions
  Interpretation of any Confusing Aspects about IBIS
  New IBIS Model Announcements
  Any Other Topic of General User Interest
  Future Direction of this Reflector

Similar to the standard IBIS reflector, all IBIS USER Email will be archived
and stored in the /pub/ibis/userxx directory on vhdl.org for 19xx.  The
current month's mail will be in /pub/ibis/users.archive.  This will be
an unmoderated forum to a wide audience.  So be sensitive that criticisms
or questions regarding commercial products are best handled directly
with the vendors.

You are welcome to monitor and participate in both reflectors.  To join or
make any changes, send your request to:

[email-masked].

A request received without any further guidance will be interpreted as a 
request to either subscribe to or unsubscribe from BOTH reflectors.  To
avoid rebuilding a large IBIS USERS reflector mailing list from scratch,
all of the IBIS reflector members have been made members of the IBIS USERS
reflector.  If you wish to continue membership in BOTH reflectors, do nothing.
Otherwise, send your specific request for reflector participation to the
above address.

Best Regards,

Will Hobbs, Chair., EIA-IBIS Open Forum
Intel Corp.

Jon Powell, Vice Chair.
Quad Design

Bob Ross, Secretary
Interconnectix, Inc.

Michael Steer, Librarian
North Carolina State Univ.