Subject: Job wanted

From: "Dmitri Kuznetsov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 95 17:13:04 CST

Dear Sir or Madam:

I will graduate from the University of Illinois in May of 1996 with a Ph.D.
in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and looking for an R&D position in the
area of CAD tools.  

I have 4 years of research experience in the circuit simulation of
high-speed digital interconnects.  The interconnect models I developed have
been adopted in the Cadence's DFSignoise commercial CAD product, and at the
Intel's in-house circuit simulator.  The attached resume provides more
information on my
qualifications.  I would be happy to supply any further information.  

Thank you very much for your time.  I am looking forward to hearing from you
soon.  

Sincerely,
Dmitri Kuznetsov

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RESUME<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

                           DMITRI KUZNETSOV

 703 E. Colorado Ave., Apt. 310           Tel:  (217)337-6353
       Urbana, IL 61801                   Fax:  (217)333-8986
                                       e-mail:  [email-masked]
=======================================================================

STATUS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Permanent resident.

OBJECTIVE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A research and development position in Electronics Engineering or
Computational Electronics.  

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* 4 YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE in computational electronics.  

* 4 YEARS OF ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE in analog and digital electronics
design.  

* Broad fundamental knowledge--120 COURSES--in all areas of Electronics 
and Computer Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics.  

* SUMMA CUM LAUDE undergraduate degree.  

EDUCATION
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA, 
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING

  6/93-5/96     PH.D. IN ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
  (expected)    Thesis:  Indirect numerical integration, difference
                         approximation, and circuit simulation of 
                         transmission lines
                G.P.A.:  5/5

  1/92-5/93     M.S. IN ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
                Thesis:  Transmission line modeling and transient
                         simulation
                G.P.A.:  4.64/5

SPACE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MOSCOW, RUSSIA

  11/88-2/91    Post-graduate study in Information and Measurement 
                Systems in Space Research

   9/86-6/88    Special program in Aerospace Electronics for 
                engineering students

MOSCOW ELECTROTECHNICAL INSTITUTE OF TELECOMMUNICATION, 
DEPARTMENT OF AUTOMATICS, TELEMECHANICS AND ELECTRONICS, RUSSIA
   9/83-6/88    DIPL. ING., SUMMA CUM LAUDE, IN ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING 
                Thesis:  High-resolution videomonitor
                G.P.A.:  4.91/5

EXPERIENCE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA
5/91-present
RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Development of computational methods of transient analysis, circuit 
simulation and transmission line modeling.  THE DEVELOPED METHODS HAVE 
BEEN ADOPTED IN THE CADENCE'S DFSIGNOISE COMMERCIAL CAD PRODUCT AND AT 
THE INTEL'S IN-HOUSE CIRCUIT SIMULATOR, AND ARE TAUGHT IN A GRADUATE-
LEVEL COURSE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS.  

SPACE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MOSCOW, RUSSIA
1/87-2/91
ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
Digital and analog design of computer graphics systems for aerospace
applications.  Designs included:  high-resolution computer graphics 
system;  systems for computerized acquisition, processing and 
visualization of satellite images;  computerized X-ray, ultrasonic and 
iridodiagnostics biomedical systems. 

KHRUNICHEV PLANT, MOSCOW, RUSSIA
summer 1986
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Installation of secure underground communication cables.  

SSO MURMANSK, MURMANSK DISTRICT, RUSSIA
summer 1985
TECHNICIAN
Installation of secure underground communication cables.  

SHAULYAY TELEVISION PLANT, LITHUANIA
summer 1984
TECHNICIAN
Testing of TV sets.  

COMPUTER SKILLS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Operating systems:  UNIX, Macintosh, DOS.  
Programming languages:  C++, C, Pascal, PL, Assembler, Mathematica, 
                        MatLab.  
            CAD tools:  SPICE, PC-CAD, AutoCAD, TeamWork.  

REFERENCES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Available upon request.  

PUBLICATIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Transmission line modeling and
transient simulation," EMC Lab., Dept. of ECE, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana,
Tech. Rep. 92-4, Dec. 1992.  

2.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Difference model approach for
the transient simulation of transmission lines," in Proc. ISCAS'93, 1993,
pp. 1547-1550.  

3.  J. E. Schutt-Aine and D. B. Kuznetsov, "Efficient transient simulation
of distributed interconnects," presented at 10th Int. Conf. Num. Analysis
Semicond. Dev. Integr. Circuits (NASECODE X), Dublin, Ireland, Jun. 1994.  

4.  K. S. Oh, D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Capacitance
computations in a multilayered dielectric medium using closed-form spatial
Green's functions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 42, pp.
1443-1453, Aug. 1994.  

5.  J. E. Schutt-Aine and D. B. Kuznetsov, "Efficient transient simulation
of distributed interconnects," Int. Journ. Computation Math. Electr. Eng.
(COMPEL), vol. 13, no. 4, Dec. 1994, pp. 795-806.  

6.  D. B. Kuznetsov, J. E. Schutt-Aine and R. Mittra, "Optimal transient
simulation of distributed lines," in Proc. MCMC'95, 1995, pp. 164-169.  

7.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Optimal transient simulation of
transmission lines," to appear in IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., vol. 42, Dec.
1995.  

8.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Indirect numerical integration,"
submitted for publication in IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst.  

9.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Efficient circuit simulation of
nonuniform transmission lines," submitted for publication in IEEE Trans.
Microwave Theory Tech.  

10.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Difference approximation,"
submitted for publication in IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst.  

11.  D. B. Kuznetsov, K. S. Oh and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Equivalent circuit
modeling of electromagnetic systems," submitted for publication in IEEE
Trans. Microwave Theory Tech.  

12.  D. B. Kuznetsov and J. E. Schutt-Aine, "Efficient circuit simulation of
transmission lines," in preparation.