Subject: s2ibis2 on HSPICE

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 11:00:03 PDT

Hi,

The first thing I tried is run the s2ibis2 on the newtryme files in
the test dir. It worked.

I looked at the newtryme.s2i and newtryme.sp file. Here are some
questions:

1)Why does the newtryme.sp file have all that commented information at
the top of the netlist. I thought the newtryme.s2i defines all header
and component information and the .sp file should only have netlist info.

2)My model requires defining model type for '3-state' and 'I/O'. s2ibis2
requires you to indicate input_pin and enable_pin that drives the output
stage and these have to be defined in the pin list.

The input_pin and enable_pin are actually internal spice nodes that drive
the output stage. So, how do I create 'dummy' models to define these
internal nodes.

Regards,
Syed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         
~ Syed B. Huq 	    [email-masked] ~		  
~ Interface Applications Engineer      ~		  
~ National Semiconductor Corp.	       ~		  
~ Tel:(408)721-4874; Fax:(408)721-4785 ~		  	  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~