Subject: RE: low budget IBIS tools

From: "Lin, Ted" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:56:57 -0400

Hi Rick,

AMP Inc. offers a signal integrity tool called the AMPredictor Signal 
Integrity Analyzer. ($8,500 for a single license, $5,000 a piece if 
you purchase 3 licenses.)  It is a Spice-based pre-layout tool that 
includes a complete Spice engine, a 2-D field solver that generates 
coupled-lossy transmission line models, connector noise analyzer, and 
an IBIS-to-AMPSPICE converter.  The software can convert an IBIS data 
file to a SPICE-format analog behavior model.  It then can be used 
with the AMPSPICE engine to perform Spice-based critical net analysis. 

There is more information on the website.
www.ampincorporated.com/ampredictor

----------
From:  ram [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  Thursday, June 12, 1997 10:20 PM
To:  [email-masked]
Subject:  low budget IBIS tools

are there such a thing?  I'm doing a 40 Mhz microprocessor design 
which
looks like it has some potential problems with the bus layout.  I'd
rather not spend the 5 to 50K for modelling tools if I can help it. 
 Are
there any lower cost IBIS to spice convertors out there? And is the
conversion accurate (i.e., do you lose information in the conversion
from IBIS to spice), or should I be looking for native-mode tools?

Thanks in advance.

Rick McBain
Senior Engineer
Dynamic Control Syetms Inc.

---

From: weberchuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:59:44 +0800

> www.ampincorporated.com/ampredictor
Dear Ted,

   Can I know to what level of MOS models that the AMP-spice can
support? Thanks!

Weber Chuang
SI eng. 
VIA tech. Taiwan, ROC