Subject: Rev -1 Eastern IBIS Kickoff Meeting Sept 18

From: "Dr. Edward P. Sayre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 12:19:46 -0400

Dear Fellow IBIS'ers: (See additional info at end of message)

Mark your calendars for September 18, 1997!!!  North East Systems
Associates, Inc. (NESA) will be the sponsor of an East Coast IBIS meeting on
September 18, 1997.  NESA is located at 636 GREAT ROAD (RT 117) in Stow, MA.
As a locator, NESA is west of Maynard about 5 miles and 3 miles east of
RT-495.   

In attendance will be Bob Ross of the IBIS forum. He is in town to present a
paper at the PCB Design conference and is in full agreement that we need
more participation and activites on the East coast. This a day that he can
meet with us. 

This meeting will be the kickoff for IBIS professional activites.  We at
NESA see a real need for interaction by area signal integrity engineers to
assess the tools, techniques and device descriptions (especially - packaging
and connectors, and parasitic elements).  This meeting will set the tone and
meeting frequency of this IBIS activity.

Sincerely,

Ed Sayre

P. S.: I would like to get a good estimate of how many will be coming so I
can gauge where to have the meeting in the immediate area if the number of
participants is too large for our office conference space.  e-mail response
is preferred.
-----------------
P.P.S.:  I also was asked the following by Arpad Muranyi of Intel
Corporation: In order to determine whether I should attend, it would be good
to have a better idea of what the proposed topics are, or the agenda is.
Could you give us a better idea about what will happen in this meeting?
Also, are you soliciting for papers, presentations, or is this EMAIL an 
announcement only? 

....................
This meeting is essentially organizational and to some extent social. I had
in mind that it would be held in the PM hours(3PM -> ?). The topics for the
meeting are to come up with times, dates and topics for future technical
meetings, an informal or formal organizational structure, and to get a
general sense of the issues that bear on the professional use of IBIS in
signal integrity  and system simulation. Except for the few semiconductor
plants on the East coast, most of the folks around here are interested in
system and EDA issues I believe.  This emphasis may change our perception of
IBIS topics from that experienced in similar Silicon Valley meetings. 

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
|       NORTH EAST SYSTEMS ASSOCIATES, INC.       |
|      -------------------------------------      |
|     "High Performance Engineering & Design"     |
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
| Dr. Ed Sayre            e-mail: [email-masked] |
| NESA, Inc.              http://www.nesa.com/    |
| 636 Great Road          Tel +1.508.897-8787     |
| Stow, MA 01775 USA      Fax +1.508.897-5359     |
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+