Subject: DEC 4, 1997 - IBIS User Group Meeting, Additional Topic

From: Kathy Breda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 18:25:12 -0500

RE:  Formation of sub-committees to discuss IBIS issues.
     for discussion at the upcoming IBIS meeting, see below.

This is for discussion at the IBIS User Group meeting being held
this coming Thursday, December 4, 1997 at 3:00.  The meeting is
being held at Cadence in Chelmsford, MA.  If you haven't already
done so and are interested in attending, let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

  Kathy Breda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a fallout of the IBIS Users' group meeting in September, the following
three major topics are suggested to be addressed by sub-committees to be
proposed at the December 4th meeting:

1) IBIS user documentation, IBIS Syntax, File Formats and Converters SPICE
to IBIS and IBIS to SPICE -  Who's doing what to whom, where and when.

2) Validity of IBIS based results and the context where they are computed:
	a) Engineering oriented simulations, trade studies, technology selection
	b) Post layout board validation for proper device operation, PWB design
        rules,	crosstalk, clock and bus performance estimations and
validations, etc.

3) Tools Validation.  Which tools do what better than others?  Does one size
fit all?  Is there an inexpensive way to find out?

The latter topic is somehwat touchy since it involves the tools vendors and
requires that objectivity be maintained in strictest confidence. The other
topics are all
close to what we discussed before and can proceed in the usual and customary
committee settings.

Don Tellian suggested that we not regionalize the Users' group and I am in
concurrance. However, in order to get it off the ground, a little NE
concentration will
help get things going and then we can generalize membership.

Regards,

        Ed Sayre

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
|       NORTH EAST SYSTEMS ASSOCIATES, INC.       |
|      -------------------------------------      |
|     "High Performance Engineering & Design"     |
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
| Kathy Breda             e-mail: [email-masked]  |
| NESA, Inc.              http://www.nesa.com/    |
| 636 Great Road          Tel +1.978.897-8787     |
| Stow, MA 01775 USA      Fax +1.978.897-5359     |
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+