Subject: IBIS simulators

From: "J. C. (Jay) Diepenbrock ((919)-543-8804)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 13:43:23 EDT

Greetings all,

After being away from the IBIS world for a while, I'm trying to get plugged
back into the current state of things.  Can someone fill me in on what my
options are for what I would call standalone simulation?  (By that I mean
simulation of board nets using IBIS models with the input from a schematic,
rather than a board layout database.)  Meta-Software (now Avant!) had
originally planned to support IBIS, then backed away, but I don't know what
has happened since for those of us that want to do topology studies before
boards are designed.

Thanks for your nominations for "simulator of the week" awards.

Jay Diepenbrock

---

From: Tom Warneke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:36:52 -0400

Hi Jay,

Anyone looking for easy to use, accurate and cost effective signal
integrity analysis should look at the Hyperlynx products.  Their LinSim
product provides prelayout analysis for evaluating stack-up, termination
strategies, and determining design rules.

They support IBIS as well as their own unique modeling description.

Take a look at their www site:

http://www.hyperlynx.com

for details.

Good luck...
Tom