Subject: correction of pullup resistor on bidirectional pin with pullup.

From: Roland Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:45:52 -0700

Hello all,

I am trying to model a bidirectional pin, with a pullup(transistor) on
the input.

I know that for an input-only pin, I can correct for the pullup
(transistor) current by subtracting the pullup current from the [GND
clamp] V/I curve, and placing it in the [POWER clamp] V/I curve
(extending the range the power clamp curve at the same time) but, 

how about a bidirectional (I/O) pin with a pullup on the input?
depending on how s2ibis2 calculates the pullup and pulldown curves, By
changing the power clamp and ground clamp curves(by manual text editing
after s2ibis2 has run)  it maybe that when the curves are added back
together by a simulator, that the curves will then be incorrect?

I would appreciate any comments on this,

Thanx in advance,

Roland Chang

******************************************
Roland Chang ext. 2647

PMC-Sierra 
Applications Department
105-8555 Baxter Place
Burnaby, BC
V5A 4V7
Tel: (604) 415-6000

email: [email-masked]
******************************************