Subject: define package model

From: [email-masked] (Weston Beal)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 98 14:16 CDT

Dear IBIS community,

I'm a bit confused about using package models in IBIS.  I want to
describe a package with single line descriptions in the [Pin Numbers]
section like this:

[Pin Numbers]
|
20 Len=0 R=0.01 L=2.0n / Len=1.5 L=0.17n C=0.2p / Len=0 L=1.5n /
...

This method adequately describes the package trace, so I don't want to
use the [Model Data] section with it's required matrices.
Theoretically and practically, this should work.  According the the
IBIS 3.0 this is not legal, and the ibischk3 reports errors.

Why is this syntax allowed if we still have to define [Model Data] and
the matrices?  How can I fake it out, to just use my one line
descriptions?

Regards,
Weston Beal