Subject: question regarding the Ccomp parameter

From: Syed Huq <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:11:15 -0700 (PDT)

Mr,

The purpose of this message is to try to get a good understanding of the   
Ccomp parameter within an IBIS model. This Ccomp capacitance is   
representing, if I have well understood, the die capacitance of the chip.   
Anyway, this value is referenced to a certain ground. The aim of this   
e-mail is to understand from which ground is it referred to ? Is it the   
reference point of the measurement device (i.e. the same ground than the   
package) or the chip substrate that is considered the reference point ?

I would really appreciate any help from you. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Julien Boullie

****************************************************
AEROSPATIALE
12, rue Pasteur BP 76
92152 SURESNES Cedex
FRANCE
phone: (33) 1-46-97-30-40
fax: (33) 1-46-97-30-08
e-mail: [email-masked]
*****************************************************  
------------- End Forwarded Message -------------

---

From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:57:00 -0700

In my opinion it should be the chip substrate.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
============================================================================

Mr,

Sincerely yours,

Julien Boullie

------------- End Forwarded Message -------------