Subject: Re: Your Message Sent on Wed, 14 Oct 98 13:48:12 PDT

From: Syed Huq <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:06:34 -0700 (PDT)

Sanjay,

You have asked the 'biggest' question of the day! I will take a quick shot at this.

s2ibis is a North Carolina State generated shareware that translates an SPICE
model into IBIS hence the name.

IBIS models are basically I/O Buffer information specification that contains V/I,
V/T and various types of data describing the turn on/off of the buffer stages of
most digital IC's(plus more). These models are not like a typical SPICE model.

Your best bet would be to go to the IBIS website at 
http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm and read up on various helpful information.

Visit the Articles, FAQ, FREE Tools, Specs, Support sections etc

Best Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc.

> 
> Hi,
> I have recently joined IBIS work. I have a few querries.Could you please tell me 
what is s2ibis , what it does. What are IBIS models.Are they in soice ? How are they 
verified?
> Please reply soon
> bye
> sanjay