Subject: FREE IBIS to SPICE Converter

From: "Charles Hymowitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 14:32:07 -0800

This this to inform the IBIS Users community that we are now offering
for free an IBIS to Spice Converter tool for users to download off the
Web.  

Feedback on the tool, including bugs and feature suggestions, are
welcomed. Please email all to [email-masked]. We are committed
to supporting and enhancing the converter. If you would like your
specific version of SPICE supported, you can modify the supplied
model template file yourself or you can send us an example version of
your desired subcircuit netlist (please include both Input & Output
variations).

A poriton of our press release is below:

Intusoft has released a free software utility on its web site
(www.intusoft.com) that performs IBIS-to-SPICE conversion.  The
software is provided at no charge.

The IBIS to SPICE Converter is available at 
  http://www.intusoft.com/utilities.htm#Modeling 

The IBIS-to-SPICE converter converts IBIS (I/O Buffer Information
Specification) data sheet information into SPICE models and supports
IBIS version 1.1, 2.1, and 3.0. The tool is extensible and allows
various SPICE model syntax variations and subcircuit topologies to be
programmed by the user. The IBIS converter reads and parses the IBIS
data sheet and extracts the appropriate information (data tables, pin
parasitics, package parasitics, etc.). The extracted data is then
merged into a SPICE model template file resulting in a subcircuit that
the SPICE program can simulate. The default model template provided is
for Intusoft's IsSpice4 syntax. Other templates can be constructed for
any other simulator in order to accommodate the variety of behavioral
SPICE syntax used by different SPICE programs. The program generates
models for the multiple pins and signals that may be included in a
single IBIS data sheet in one pass. It also can extract typical, best
or worse case models.

Charles Hymowitz - V.P. Prod. Dev.
Intusoft
email: [email-masked], CompuServe: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.intusoft.com
Tel. (310) 833-0710, Fax (310) 833-9658
P.O. Box 710, San Pedro CA. 90733-0710

Please visit our web site @ http://www.intusoft.com for more information
and lots of SPICE goodies.