Subject: EUROPEAN IBIS SUMMIT - 2nd Call

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 98 16:55:35 PST

To all:

This is a second call to the European IBIS Summit Meeting for participation.
While we tentatively have 10 presentations (see below), we do have room for
several more.  We have nearly 30 people signed up so far and we anticipate a
very interesting and informative exchange of ideas.  So if you are interested
in doing a presentation or in participating, please respond to the notice
below.  Note, some of the information in the Announcement is updated from the
original announcement.

Best Regards
Bob Ross
Interconnectix BU of Mentor Graphics

          E U R O P E A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G
                   S E C O N D   A N N O U N C E M E N T 

Time/Date:     9 AM - 5 PM, Thursday, February 26, 1998

Location:      Concorde-Lafayette Hotel (Adjacent to Le Palais des Congress
               de Paris Porte Mailot - Site of the DATE98 Conference)
               Paris, France

Content:       Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:       Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and Ideas.

Sponsors:      Mentor Graphics, Cadence, High Design Technology

DATE98 Show:   DATE98 - February 23-26, 1998.  The IBIS meeting is scheduled
               the day following the last day of the trade show portion of the
               Conference.  

               See www.date-conference.com for more information.

PCB Symposium: An all day symposium is scheduled Wednesday, February 25, 1998,
               10 AM - 4 PM on PCB design issues.  This is being co-organized
               by seven EDA vendors: Cadence, Incases, Mentor Graphics,
               VeriBest, Viewlogic, Xynetix, and Zuken-Redac.  An informative,
               vendor-neutral program and panel sesson is scheduled.  Plan to
               include DATE98, the PCB Symposium, and the IBIS Summit Meeting
               in your visit.  Registration is required.  You can register
               through several EDA vendors in Europe, through the DATE98
               web site or else by e-mail to [email-masked]

BACKGROUND

As a result of regular EIA IBIS Open Forum meetings since 1993, IBIS Version
2.1 has been ratified both nationaly (in the United States of America)
as ANSI/EIA-656 and internationally as IEC 62014-1.  Most of the IBIS
are conducted on a regular basis via teleconferencing, but the EIA IBIS
Open Forum also conducts two face-to-face meetings every year at the Design
Automation Conference (DAC) and DesignCon locations.  While some of the IBIS
Summits focused on resolving standards issues, others have been used for
general IBIS information exchange.  Historically, some of the IBIS advances
have come from such exchanges.

Because of wide-spread international usage and acceptance of IBIS, the
EIA IBIS Open Forum will hold a European IBIS Summit at the same time as the
DATE98 Conference and PCB Symposium in Paris, France.  We are particularly
interested the international experiences and ideas at this IBIS Summit.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and digital
circuit design are invited to participate in the European IBIS Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please register with the information below
(deadline, February 13, 1998):

  Name:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

Send to:

  Bob Ross ([email-masked]) or
  Karine Loudet ([email-masked])  +33-1-3067-1912

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS experiences
or issues.  We currently have about 10 tentively planned presentation,
but can accept several more.  See below for what is currently planned.

Format of Presentation:  Overhead Projections
Time:                    15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the
                         presentations can be archived and also made
                         available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
                         the past have been text, Power Point, Word, 
                         Postscript, and Acrobat.  Electronic presentations
                         should be made available by February 13, 1998.
                         Otherwise the presentor will be expected to provide
                         50 copies for distribution.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

  Title:
  Presenter:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

  Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Bob Ross ([email-masked])

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a buffet luncheon (which will be provided).  Our tenative set of presentations include:

      Bob Ross, Interconnectix BU of Mentor Graphics, USA   
      Welcome, EIA IBIS Open Forum Overview
      
      Christian Marot, Siemens, France
      IBIS Models and EMC Simulation Standardization Status

      Werner Rissiek, Incases, Germany     
      IBIS and Radiation Analysis

      Razvan Ene, High Design Technology, Italy
      IBIS Models for EMC and High-Frequency Devices

      Prakash Radhakrishnan, Intel, USA
      Challenges in Using IBIS in High Frequency Applications

      Bernhard Unger, Siemens, Germany
      SI-Analysis with HSPICE Based on IBIS Behavioral Models

      C. Kumar, Cadence, USA
      Problems in V-T Curve Modeling and Simulation

      Syed Huq, National Semiconductor, USA
      IBIS Model Development at National Semiconductor

      John Fitzpatrick, Alcatel, France 
      Use of IBIS in Alcatel

      Gerald Bannert, Siemens, Germany
      Required IBIS Enhancements

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

Bob Ross,
Chair, EIA/IBIS Open Forum
Interconnectix Business Unit, Mentor Graphics
8005 S.W. Boeckman Road
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070
USA

(503) 685-0732
[email-masked]