Subject: IBIS User Group Sub-Committee

From: Paul Galloway <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 21:11:34 -0500

Hi,

As many of you are aware there have been two sub-committees formed at
the IBIS Group Meeting.  The definition of these are listed below, as
outlined at the User Group.  While these are still in the formative
stages I would like to invite anyone interested in participating in 
sub-committee #2 to contact me.  The only requirement is an interest or
a need to use IBIS/behavioral models for signal integrity analysis.  Extent
of participation and amount of time devoted depend only on you.

Exact definition of what sub-committee #2 should address is still open
so if you have specific issues this is an opportunity to make them visible
to a larger audience.  While it's useful to be physically present at the
User Group meeting (next one at Stratus in Marlboro, Mass.), it's not 
absolutely critical.  

1)  IBIS model validation/accuracy - how to construct a standard 
    for valid models useful in system applications, how they are simulated
    under different loading and termination conditions, etc.
        headed by Greg Edlund, DEC. ([email-masked])

2)  Software aspects of IBIS as it affects the user community -
     IBIS to SPICE, SPICE to IBIS, syntax and documentation, materials
     for education & Standardization, etc.
         headed by Paul Galloway, Cadence Design  ([email-masked]) 

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Galloway
Sr. Spectrum Services Mgr
Cadence Design Systems
508-262-6231