Subject: IBIS Summit - Thursday, 14-Oct-99 - AGENDA included

From: Kathy Breda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:00:12 -0400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-------------------------------------------------------

<bold>IBIS SUMMIT 

	CALL FOR 

		PARTICIPATION, 

			PRESENTATIONS 

				& SPONSORSHIP!!!!

</bold>-------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             <bold>I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

</bold>

Time/Date:      8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Thursday, October 14, 1999

Location:       Marlboro Holiday Inn <bold>(NOT AT THE BOXBORO HOLIDAY
INN THIS YEAR)

</bold>                265 Lakeside Ave. 

                Marlboro, MA

                Tel:  (508) 481-3000

Content:        Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:        Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
Ideas.

Sponsors:       North East Systems Associates, Inc. (NESA), Hyperlynx,
Praegitzer Design

                 <bold>we are looking for other sponsors!

</bold>

PCB Conference: October 11-15, 1999

East            Royal Plaza Trade Center

                Marlborough, Massachusetts

                See http://www.pcbeast.com/ for more information.

<bold>BACKGROUND

</bold>

The IBIS Users Group (IBIS East) has been formed under the leadership of
Dr. 

Edward Sayre from North East Systems Associates (NESA) and has been
meeting

for a year to consider and forward IBIS model user concerns.  As a result
of

regular East coast meetings, the group has developed an IBIS Accuracy

Specification document and has helped move forward work on formatting
Connector Models.

These topics plus others of current interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum

will be discussed at this meeting.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit meeting. 
Presentations

are expected to be available and archived in an electronic format, and
minutes

of the meeting will be issued.  Any pending formal decisions (votes) will
be

announced at least two weeks prior to the meeting.

If you are interested in attending, please send e-mail to

Kathy Breda ([email-masked])

<bold>AGENDA 

</bold>

Morning Sessions Focused on Round-Table, Open Discussions:

   Intro and Business         Bob Ross / Ed Sayre

   Accuracy Specification     Lead by Bob Haller

   <bold>Break

</bold> 

   Connector Specification    Discussion leader TBD  

   SPICE to IBIS Discussion   Discussion leader TBD  

   <bold>Lunch

</bold>

Afternoon Sessions Focused on Presentation Topics:

    Round Table Discussion: Input Modeling Discussion,  Discussion leader
TBD

    "Model Design: Tables and Equations" - Lynne Green, Hyperlynx   

<bold>

   Break (Sponsored by Praegitzer Design)

</bold>

    "Model Extraction Based on Differential TDR" - Dima Smolyansky or
Steven Cory, TDA Systems

  <bold>We have time for one more presentation!  Contact 

  Kathy Breda ([email-masked]) if you are interested

</bold> 

Format of Presentation:  Overhead Projections

Time:                    15-30 Minutes

Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the

                         presentations can be archived and also made

                         available to non-attendees.  Formats used in

                         the past have been text, Power Point, Word, 

                         Postscript, and Acrobat.  Electronic
presentations

                         should be made available by October 8, 1999.

                         Otherwise the presenters will be expected to
provide

                         50 copies for distribution.

****************************************************************************

<bold>DIRECTIONS TO MEETING

</bold>

The Marlboro Holiday Inn

is located at the junction of Route 20 and I-495

(exit 24A off I-495 North or South)

Located 4 miles from the Massachusetts Turnpike and

One Mile from I-290.  Thirty miles from Boston and

Logan International Airport

****************************************************************************

<bold>LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

</bold>

Marlboro Holiday Inn

265 Lakeside Ave. 

Marlboro, MA

Tel:  (508)481-3000

Boxboro Holiday Inn.  

One Adams Place

Boxboro, MA

Tel:  (978) 263-8701

Fax:  (978) 263-0518

Royal Plaza Hotel 

181 Boston Post road West

Marlborough, MA 01752

Tel:  (508) 460-0700

Radisson Inn

75 Felton St.

Marlboro, MA

Tel:  (508) 480-0015

Embassy Suites Hotels

123 Boston Post Rd.

West Marlboro, MA

(508) 485-5900

Amerscot House

61 West Acton Road

Stow, MA  01775

email: [email-masked], web site http://www.amerscot.com

Tel: (508)897-0666, FAX (508)897-6914

Westford Regency Inn

219 Littleton Rd. (exit 32 off I-495)

Westford, MA

Tel:  (978) 692-8200

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

|       NORTH EAST SYSTEMS ASSOCIATES, INC.       |

|      -------------------------------------      |

|     "High Performance Engineering & Design"     |

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

| Kathy Breda             e-mail: [email-masked]  |

| NESA, Inc.              http://www.nesa.com/    |

| 636 Great Road          Tel +1.978.897-8787     |

| Stow, MA 01775 USA      Fax +1.978.897-5359     |

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+