Subject: USB connector model

From: "Wilco Hamhuis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:55:04 +0200

I have two short questions: Is IBIS capable of describing a (coupled)
connector? Are there IBIS USB connector models available? I am currently
analysing a high speed board (app. 500 MHz) and I want to take the effect of
connectors into account.

Kind regards,
Wilco Hamhuis
___________________________________________________
Wilco Hamhuis
HSSD Consulting Engineer
tel: +31 (0)547 367 347     fax: +31 (0)547 367 340
EASEurope   Goorseweg 5
7475 BB Markelo, the Netherlands
Website: www.EASEurope.com
___________________________________________________

---

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:12:42 -0700

> analysing a high speed board (app. 500 MHz) and I want to take the effect of

  There is an IBIS working group that has proposed an IBIS extension for
connectors that supports coupling, but it has not yet become
a part of the official standard.  If you are interested, a copy of the 
proposal is on the Hyperlynx website at www.hyperlynx.com.  As for your
specific need, I am not aware of any IBIS USB connector models, but others
may know of some.

   Regards,
   Stephen Peters
   Intel Corp.
   Vice Chair, EIA/IBIS Open Forum

---

From: "Matthew Flora" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:28:54 -0700

> specific need, I am not aware of any IBIS USB connector models, but others

Actually, the proposed IBIS extension for connectors can best be found at:
ftp://ftp.eda.org/pub/ibis/connector/

Regards,
Matthew Flora
IBIS Open Forum Postmaster
(425) 869-2320 PH
(425) 881-1008 FAX
[email-masked]
HyperLynx, 14715 NE 95th Street, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

---

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:56:02 -0700

Hi Ibisians, Matt,

  Matt thanks for giving the correct web address for the preliminary
connector specification.

FYI.. The only outstanding item in the connector specification is to agree
on the
wording of the RLC matrix description.  I have asked several industry
experts to
write it and have not received one from anyone yet.  If someone else out their
would like to contribute a technically correct RLC matrix description that
would
allow someone "skilled in the art" to understand which type of RLC matrix
is being
used I am interested.  If I end up with more than one I would be extremely
happy.
It must have a simple included example of both a physical cross section and
the
resulting matrices.  Ideally it would explain things like what the diagonal
is and
why there are sometimes negative signs.
When we receive this and the connector sub-group reviews it and accepts it
I believe we are ready to give it to the IBIS group as a bird.