Subject: From Spice to IBIS model

From: Fanny scales <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:06:49 -0500

Good morning,

I would like to generate IBIs model from  Spice simualtion ( print file)

Currently,I'm generating spice simulation  with input buffer or output
buffer
to extract the  current  . But  I need to understand which current I
have to take  in account
I would like to extract the current values:
for input buffer:GND_clamp and Power Clamp
for ouput buffer: GND_clamp, Power_clamp ,Pullup ,Pulldown

Could you tell me where I have to observe the current for each  Spice
simulation ?
thank you for your help.
Could you send me an example  of  spice deck files  to have a global
idea    ?

regards
Fanny

---

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:19:34 -0700

Hello Fanny:

   I have a couple of suggestions.  One would be to get a copy of the
IBIS cookbook.  The cookbook gives a general outline of how to extract
the data for building an IBIS model using SPICE simulations.  Once you
understand the process you could also download s2ibis.  This is an
program that automates the extraction process.  Both the cookbook and
s2ibis are available at the IBIS web site

   www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm

  Regards,
  Stephen Peters
  Intel Corp.