Subject: V/T Question

From: Christian Klein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:19:37 -0400

Greetings everyone I am new to this list and IBIS, so I have a few
questions regarding model making.
One question is on extracting rising and falling waveforms.  In the
cookbook (pg. 11)  it says: "If the device does not have enough drive
capability to make a significant output transition then a higher value
of load resistance may be used,..."
I am unsure about the words "significant output transition".   Does it
mean not reaching the Data Sheet Vol or Voh?

Thanks in advance,

Christian Klein

---

From: "D. C. Sessions" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:36:27 -0700

> mean not reaching the Data Sheet Vol or Voh?

Nothing so clear-cut.

It means that if the peak delta-V is MUCH less than the open-circuit swing
(supply voltage) then you've lost too much detail and should change the
loading to get more.  A pretty good target is to have they TYP swing
be about half of supply.

-- 
D. C. Sessions
[email-masked]