Subject: LVDS IOs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:47:44 +0100

My question is: 
Does anybody work on newer type IO-IBIS-models, such as LVDS, SSTL2. I didn't found any of this types in the new Version 3.2.

Karl Schrödinger

Infineon Technologies 
FO E IC 
BLN-S

Karl Schrödinger				Tel. (030) 386-27953
IC-Development				Fax (030) 386-24939
Fiber Optics Engineering Dptm.	new: mailto:[email-masked]
__________________________

---

From: "D. C. Sessions" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:04:40 -0700

> Does anybody work on newer type IO-IBIS-models, such as LVDS, SSTL2. I didn't found any of this types in the new Version 3.2.

SSTL-2 outputs are easy.

SSTL-2 inputs are fair, in that they are differential but not fully
characterizable for Hihac, Vihdc, etc.  BIRD62 and BIRD63 are intended
to address this.  Perhaps you'd like to help get them moving?

In contrast, LVDS inputs are pretty straightforward differential inputs
(although BIRD61 type timing characterization is needed for high speed use)
and the outputs are a bit messy given the common-mode feedback and IBIS'
lack of true-differential output modeling.

-- 
D. C. Sessions
[email-masked]