Subject: IBIS Users Teleconference Friday, 2/26 8:00 AM PST/ 11:00 AM EST

From: Kathy Breda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:49:40 -0500

If you are an IBIS user or have an interest in IBIS accuracy, you are
invited to join a new conference call on Friday, February 26, from 8:00 am
to 9:55 am PST (11:00 am - 12:55pm EST).  This call is open to all
interested parties and will be
conducted in keeping with the spirit of the IBIS Open Forum conference
call.  One half of the call will be dedicated to the business of the IBIS
Accuracy Working Group and the other half will be dedicated to general user
education and curriculum development.

The phone number is 1-608-250-9675, and the passcode 734362.  Mentor
Graphics has generously donated the phone bridge for this call, and the
IBIS User's Group is very grateful.

IBIS User's Group Meeting Agenda for 2/26/99

8:00 Check-in

      Introduction of new participants
      Review of previous meeting's minutes - Who will keep the minutes?
      Announcements
      Additions to the agenda

8:15 IBIS Accuracy Working Group (Does anybody like this title?)

     Note:  The Accuracy Working Group should make decisions and assign
     work during this meeting.  We should strive to conduct actual editing
     activities off-line for the sake of productivity.

     IBIS Accuracy Specification 1.2 revisions
        Greg Edlund would like to continue being editor.
        Organize Measurement section by buffer type to allow for expansion.
        Place measurement techniques in a separate sub-section to allow for
        expansion.
        Change correlation levels table and corresponding sub-sections.
        Move sub-sections 1.3 and 1.4 to appendix.
        Annotate VCX16244 IBIS datasheet with accuracy trailer.

     Golden Waveform BIRD
        We need a champion to lead this effort.
        Action for next meeting:  generate a proposal to cover accuracy
        test loads.
        Enlist the help of IBIS veteran(s), preferably an EDA person.

     EIA approval
        Bob Haller has volunteered to lead this effort.
        Which version should we go to EIA with?  Vote?

     IBIS Accuracy Specification 2.0 development

     Test Board
        Do we want to turn version 3 of the board?
        Standard load wiring and capacitor silk screen need fixing.
        Should we remove the transmission lines from the 50 Ohm loads?
        Should we provide a separate ground connection for the 4-point
        probes?
        Greg is on the hook to write an application note.
        We need to provide a parts list.
        Should we make more test boards for new types of I/O buffers?

     Other
        Annotate VCX16244 IBIS data sheet with accuracy trailer.
        Bob Ross has suggested we supply a SPICE model for the VCX16244.

     Work list

9:05 Education
	Introduction of an interested faculty member for IBIS curriculum development
	Schedule for the curriculum development phase
	Schedule for the development and delivery of on-line IBIS education
	Funding possibilities for curriculum and materials development 

9:55 Sign-off

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer, Critical Net Analysis
IBM
3650 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
[email-masked]

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
|       NORTH EAST SYSTEMS ASSOCIATES, INC.       |
|      -------------------------------------      |
|     "High Performance Engineering & Design"     |
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
| Kathy Breda             e-mail: [email-masked] |
| NESA, Inc.              http://www.nesa.com/    |
| 636 Great Road          Tel +1.978.897-8787     |
| Stow, MA 01775 USA      Fax +1.978.897-5359     |
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+