Subject: IBIS Question

From: "Thang Tu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:43:11 -0800

My company has SPICE Models for passive components such as resistor networks and/or resistor/capacitor networks. Since I am somewhat ignorant to IBIS, I was wondering if there is any value or if it is even possible to convert these SPICE models into IBIS. From what I understand and have read, IBIS is a behavioral modeling specification for transmission line simulation of digital systems and applicable to only digital components?

Please comment.

Thank you.

---

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:16:52 -0800

Hello Thang:

   The IBIS 2.1 specification allows you to describe terminator
components such as resistor and RC networks.  In addition, the latest 
version of the IBIS specification (IBIS 3.x) allows you to create an 
IBIS file for a two pin passive component.

   For more information, I'd suggest going to the IBIS webpage at
http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm.  You can download a copy of
the specification, as well as an IBIS modeling cookbook.  For best results
look thru the IBIS 2.1 spec first -- it may have what you are looking
for.

         Regards,
         Stephen Peters
         Intel Corp.