Subject: A couple questions regarding generating the IBIS Models

From: omer_orberk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:18:38 -0800

As a beginner in IBIS Modelling, I have the following the questions:

i) What is the exact definition of C_comp? Does the C_comp include Pad
Capacitance or is it just the capacitance of the buffer on the silicon
after the pad?

ii) How can I generate for a buffer different IBIS Models if the buffer
has different modes like; Power Down, Normal Operation or Clock Stop?

iii) How can I generate for a buffer which has a differential input and
differential output?

Best Regards,

Omer Orberk

---

From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:18:00 -0800

My responses are after your questions.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
============================================================================
=

It should include everything that you would see if you looked into the die
at 
the pad.  That is C_pad, C_metal, C_tranistor, etc.

Use the [Model Selector] keyword and list all models that can be used on a
pin 
in it.

Use the [Diff Pin] keyword to associate two otherwise independent models as 
differential.

Best Regards,

Omer Orberk