Subject: REMINDER - IBIS Users Meeting - Thurs. 1/14/99, 3:00pm

From: Kathy Breda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:02:51 -0500

<bold><bigger>IBIS Users  Meeting - Thursday, January 14, 1999

-----------------------------------------------

Date:</bigger></bold><bigger>     Thursday, January 14, 1998

<bold>Time:</bold>     3:00 PM to 5:00 PM

<bold>Place:</bold>	North East Systems Associates, Inc. (NESA)

		636 Great Rd. (otherwise known as Route 117)

		Stow, MA 01775

		TEL: (978) 897-8787 (do you want to conference link into meeting?)

		N.B. Directions to NESA at end of this message

<bold>Agenda:</bold>	* IBIS Accuracy Specification Status

		* IBIS Connector Model Status

		  Preparation for upcoming IBIS Summit 

            (at DesignCon99, Santa Clara, CA, February 1, 1999)

		* IBIS WEB page

		* Any other business

<bold>

What is IBIS**IBIS WEB Page**IBIS User Group Activities

</bold></bigger>

IBIS = I/O Buffer Information Specification

      The design community primarily uses electronic design tools and 

	SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) 

	to develop and test the viability and performance characteristics of
their designs.

	The IBIS standard is an alternative method of simulation for high speed
designs that 

	uses behavioral models verses transistor level models.

IBIS Web page located at :  http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/ibis.htm

We had a well attended and informative IBIS Summit in October and now it
is

time to get going with the IBIS user meetings again.  The IBIS

Users group continues to move forward with the IBIS Accuracy
Specification

and test board,IBIS Connector modeling and training initiatives.  We

are hoping for additional involvement from the engineering community

in 1999 and are looking for input, involvement and ideas.

Do you want to come up to speed and learn about IBIS...?

   Do you want to develop/investigate a particular IBIS related idea

   that would assist with your system designs...?

	Do you want to share your experiences using IBIS models and get

	feedback...?

     	   Do you want to get generally involved in the current IBIS User
group discussions...?

Please feel free to join the IBIS User group meetings - all are 
welcome,

in person or by conference link!  Let Kathy Breda ([email-masked]) know

if you would like to attend so we have enough chairs and brownies! 
Also,

if you would like to connect via conference phone, please let Kathy 
know

and she will arrange the details.

Additional names have been added to the IBIS distribution list,

so if you did not attend the Summit and need copies of the
presentations,

you can get them off the IBIS web page (URL listed above) or contact
Kathy.

Directions to NESA:

		From 495, take exit 27 (route 117, towards Maynard)

		Follow 117 for about 3.5 miles

		NESA is located on the second floor of the 

		Stow Brook Offices, on the corner of 

		Route 117 and Hudson Rd.  Stow Brook Offices

		are located across the street from CW fuels.

		You can also reach Route 117 from Route 128.

		Once on Route 117 follow road until you reach

		Hudson Rd. in Stow, see details above.

Happy Holidays to All,

    		Kathy Breda

<<end>

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

|       NORTH EAST SYSTEMS ASSOCIATES, INC.       |

|      -------------------------------------      |

|     "High Performance Engineering & Design"     |

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

| Kathy Breda             e-mail: [email-masked] |

| NESA, Inc.              http://www.nesa.com/    |

| 636 Great Road          Tel +1.978.897-8787     |

| Stow, MA 01775 USA      Fax +1.978.897-5359     |

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+