Subject: duplicate models in a Driver Schedule

From: Mike LaBonte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:23:28 -0500

It is not clear to me whether or not model names that appear in the
[Driver Schedule] section of an IBIS file must be unique. In the IBIS
spec example, a different model name is used on each line. But the
description text does not require that they must be unique.

So my question is, could a [Driver Schedule] section legally use
the same model name twice? Something like this:

[Driver Schedule]
| Model_name     Rise_on_dly  Rise_off_dly  Fall_on_dly  Fall_off_dly
  MODEL_OUT      0.0ns        NA            0.0ns        NA
  MODEL_OUT      0.5ns        NA            0.5ns        NA

In other words, what if both stages turn on/off at different times,
but are otherwise identical?

Mike LaBonte

P.S. Here is the ver_3.0.ibs example, for reference:

[Driver Schedule]
| Model_name     Rise_on_dly  Rise_off_dly  Fall_on_dly  Fall_off_dly
  MODEL_OUT      0.0ns        NA            0.0ns        NA
|
|                                  Examples of added multi-staged transitions
  M_O_SOURCE1     0.5ns        NA            0.5ns        NA
|              low (high-Z) to high        high to low (high-Z)
  M_O_SOURCE2    0.5n         1.5n          NA           NA
|               low to high to low           low (high-Z)
  M_O_DRAIN1     1.0n         NA            1.5n         NA
|              low to high (high-Z)        high (high-Z) to low
  M_O_DRAIN2     NA           NA            1.5n         2.0n
|                  high (high-Z)           high to low to high
|                                  Bus-hold stage
  M_O_DRAIN3     NA           1.0n          NA           0.5n
|              high (high-Z) to low        low to high (high-Z)

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 99 13:30:55 PST

Mike:

It is permitted to use the same model several times under
[Driver Schedule], as you have shown.  There is no statement
in the Specification that prohibits this.  Also, ibischk3 permits
this syntax.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:23:28 -0500
> From: Mike LaBonte <[email-masked]>
> To: IBIS Users <[email-masked]>
> Subject: duplicate models in a Driver Schedule