Subject: IBIS Training Suggestions??

From: "Robert Goodrich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 11:15:10 -0500

To All:
I was hoping someone could suggest an IBIS training course that is
tailored towards someone in the IC industry that will be heading up the
IBIS model creation effort in their group.  I have used s2ibis2 to
create a model from simulation data and read the spec./cookbook, but
feel somewhat inadequate when pressed to explain the finer details of an
IBIS model.  Also, I would like some exposure to the bigger picture -
how IBIS models are used.

I have searched out several courses on the web, but would appreciate
suggestions.
--Rob
--

Rob Goodrich
Circuit Design - Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT)
Motorola SPS, I&E Solutions
6501 William Cannon Drive West MD: OE37
Austin, TX 78735
[email-masked]
(512) 895-7341

---

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 11:49:57 -0800

Hello Bob:

   The IBIS East Users Group is in the process of putting together an
IBIS training course that may address your concerns.  I don't know the
exact status, but Dr. Ed Sayre of Northeast Systems Assoc. is the head of
this effort, and you can contact him thru his admin Kathy Brenda 
([email-masked]) (sorry, I can't find his direct contact number right now).

   Also, you might try contacting your simulation software vendor. I know 
that many CAE vendors offer IBIS training courses as part of the 
training on their software.

     Regards,
     Stephen Peters
     Intel Corp.
     Vice Chair, IBIS Open Forum