Subject: IBIS Accuracy Specification 2.0 development

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:38:06 -0600

The IBIS Accuracy Subcommittee is planning for version 2.0 of the IBIS
Accuracy Specification.  It is our intention to bring the IBIS Accuracy
Specification up-to-speed with IBIS in the next 1-2 years.  However, we
will be working with limited resources and will need to prioritize.  Here
is a list of possible topics to include in version 2.0:

1. VT tables (This is a necessity.)
2. Additional model types, i.e. GTL, ECL, open source, etc.
3. Effect of R_load on simulation accuracy
4. Package modeling and simultaneous switching noise
5. Diode stored charge effects
6. Multi-staged drivers
7. Dynamic clamping

I generated this list from browsing through IBIS 3.2 and reading "Practical
Issues with IBIS Models," by Bob Ross.  If you can think of things to add
to this list or have any thoughts on how to prioritize it, please email the
users reflector.

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer, Critical Net Analysis
IBM
3650 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
[email-masked]