Subject: IBIS Users Group Agenda 3/19/99

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:08:05 -0600

IBIS Users Group Agenda

Date:               3/19/99
Time:               8:00 - 9:55 am PST
Phone number:  1-805-240-9673
Pass code:          773000

8:00 CHECK-IN

Introduction of new participants
Date for next conference call
Announcements
Corrections to previous meeting's minutes
Additions to the agenda

8:15 GENERAL BUSINESS

Receive an update from IBIS connector specification group.
Discuss need for further face to face IBIS user group meetings.
Discuss further project possibilities for the user group.

8:35 EDUCATION

Receive update from Ed Sayre.

8:55 IBIS ACCURACY SUBCOMMITTEE

Note:  The Accuracy Working Group should make decisions and assign work
during this meeting.  We should strive to conduct actual editing activities
off-line for the sake of productivity.

IBIS ACCURACY SPECIFICATION 1.2 REVISIONS

Greg Edlund will have a first pass at 1.2 available before the next
meeting.

ACCURACY-RELATED BIRD(S)

Discuss reactions from the IBIS community.
Decide on direction:
1) write BIRD now WITHOUT machine-readable description of test load
2) write BIRD later WITH machine-readable description of test load
In either case, IBIS Accuracy Spec 1.2 could proceed to EIA for approval.

EIA APPROVAL

Receive update from Bob Haller and Bob Ross.
Decide on which version of the spec to bring to EIA for approval.

IBIS ACCURACY SPECIFICATION 2.0 DEVELOPMENT

Review list of possible topics:
1. VT tables (This is a necessity.)
2. Additional model types, i.e. GTL, ECL, open source, etc.
3. Effect of R_load on simulation accuracy
4. Package modeling and simultaneous switching noise
5. Diode stored charge effects
6. Multi-staged drivers
7. Dynamic clamping

Take suggestions and priorities.

Proposal from Greg Edlund:  Bob Haller, Peter LaFlamme, and Greg Edlund
should each run Bob Ross' SPICE deck (from email entitled "IBIS to SPICE
Discussion") and understand fully how it works!  This will help us
understand VT tables.

TEST BOARD

Receive update from Bob Haller and Greg Edlund.  Bob Haller, Greg Edlund,
and Peter LaFlamme will compile a list of changes (very limited) should we
identify a design resource.
Receive update from Milt Schwartz.

ACCURACY ACTION ITEMS

Review list and add new items.

1.  Status: open.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Greg Edlund.  Edit measurement
and correlation sections of the IBIS Accuracy Specification and distribute
the new document.

2.  Status: CLOSED.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Greg Edlund.  Write email to
the
reflector soliciting input on the contents of an accuracy-related BIRD.  At
issue is whether or not to include a machine-readable description of the
test loads described in the IBIS Accuracy Specification.

3.  Status: open.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Peter LaFlamme.  Make VCX16244
SPICE model and IBIS datasheet available on the accuracy web page.

4.  Status: CLOSED.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Bob Haller, Greg Edlund.
Discuss test board changes off-line.

5.  Status: open.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Milt Schwarz.  Get quote for
building revision 3 of the test board.

6.  Status: open.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Greg Edlund.  Write test board
application note.

7.  Status: CLOSED.  Opened: 2/26/99  Owner: Greg Edlund.  Send out a note
to
the reflector suggesting possible candidates for accuracy development in
1999.

9:05 EDUCATION

Receive update from Ed Sayre.

9:55 SIGN-OFF

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer, Critical Net Analysis
IBM
3650 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
[email-masked]