Subject: spice convertion to ibis , help.

From: Frank AZEMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 17:32:54 +0200

Dear Ibis Users,

I need help to convert spice model from download manufacturer site to
IBIS model.

I have download the s2ibis2 software and i recompile it with the fix.
I have the spectre generator and the spice3 generator. ( no hspice or
spice generator : where can i find this other generator?)

I can generate the examples models from the s2ibis2 software and i have
understand what i need to make a pre-model file ( *.s2i) before running
s2ibis2.
But i don't understand the reason why it is necessary to have 2 models
files : spectre.mod + buffer.sp (ex1 and other)

Generally , manufacturers provide only one file which is *.mod or *.cir
or *.lib but i don't know the different.

Someone could help me on this topics ?

I thank everyone to answer.

Regards,

--
Frank AZEMA                      ALCATEL BUSINESS SYSTEM
Technical Direction             1 rt du Dr A. Schweitzer
Tel:+33(0)3.88.67.77.00    67000 ILLKIRCH Cedex - France
Fax:+33(0)3.88.67.70.83  [email-masked]

---

From: Syed Huq <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 10:49:31 -0700 (PDT)

Frank,

> spice generator : where can i find this other generator?)

In your .s2i file, you have a keyword [Spice type]. This determines which
SPICE engine you wish to envoke. Below is a listing of the supported SPICE
engines.

 [Spice type]    spicetype

        spicetype = HSpice, PSpice, Spice2, Spice3, or Spectre

If you wish to use HSpice and the tool is available at your site, edit
the word 'spicetype' and replace with HSpice

> or *.lib but i don't know the different.

Typically the .sp file has the nodal information. THis can be equiv to a .cir
file or a .ckt file as well. Within the .sp file, you can call out your 
libraries and subcircuits. All these various types of extension simply point
to all the various flavors of SPICE we have, each using it's own definations.

The .mod file is where all your process information are stored.

Sometimes, a manufacturer can combine all this in one file like you mentioned.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc